shape
carat
color
clarity

I upgraded my upgrade and more...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jayrenay9

Brilliant_Rock
Some might remember that back in August I got a new RB 1.58 upgrade for my 40th birthday. I hadn''t worn it as it was sitting in the safe until my actual birthday which isn''t until 9/27. Anyway, shortly after getting the ring, I started having second thoughts on the size of the diamond and the setting. I finally decided to talk to my husband and explain how I was feeling. He was so sweet and understanding and said "let''s get what you want then." The place I bought from doesn''t allow refunds, just exchanges, so I was stuck buying from them. Luckily, the jeweler was able to find a bigger diamond (still not as big as I really wanted) with a better cut, although I went down in color. I ended up with a 1.74 I SI2. BUT, the best part of the deal was that the jeweler had also found the EXACT setting that I was looking for for my pear from my original wedding ring. So, I was able to get my pear re-set and upgrade my stone! I CAN NOT decide on a setting for the new RB, so I had her set it in a solitaire so that I can wear it while I look for the perfect setting. This could take a while as I am very fickle!!!

Here are a few pictures...

New_rings_2006.jpg

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
How fun is that! Lovely stone and love the halo for your pear!

jayrenay9

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry about that size, I didn''t realize it was so big (or blurry).

Here is a picture of the pear halo...

New_pear_resized.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very nice. Sounds like you have a very sweet DH.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow..can''t beat two new rings at once!!! Very nice! The pear looks gret in the halo setting! (I also set my stone in a plain solitaire after not really being able to decide on a setting!)

jayrenay9

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/24/2006 4:43:37 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Wow..can't beat two new rings at once!!! Very nice! The pear looks gret in the halo setting! (I also set my stone in a plain solitaire after not really being able to decide on a setting!)
Did you ever decide? I feel like I may never be able to decide on just one!! LOL I love so many designer rings, but I'm afraid to put the money in to it as I'll probably change my mind anyway!

Here are a few more pics I just snapped. I'm having a hard time with blurriness today!
33.gif

New_pear_flower.jpg

susi

Shiny_Rock
I like them, both, very much! The pear is just lovely in that halo!!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
WOW They are both great!!

which will you wear on yout wedding finger, or will you alternate them?

LOOOOve that pear!!

CT026

Rough_Rock
Hi- I''m normally not a great fan of pears, but your upgrade is absolutely striking! Happy birthday and enjoy your beautiful rings!!
4.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Excellent all round. Congrats!!

cheers--Sharon

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
That is a gorgeous setting for your pear! I like the simpler setting you chose for that big beautiful round diamond since the pear one is more elaborate.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I love both of the rings!!! Can I have one of each?? LOL
31.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
they both look great!!! I love the RB in the solitaire and that pear setting is perfect.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! Love that halo on the pear...but I''m partial to the look.
2.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are both gorgeous!

jayrenay9

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone! I can hardly wait until Wednesday to start wearing them!!

Date: 9/24/2006 7:39:24 PM
Author: Sophie
WOW They are both great!!

which will you wear on yout wedding finger, or will you alternate them?

LOOOOve that pear!!
I will wear the round on my wedding finger. I''m too worried about the pave, so I''ll wear it as a rhr on special occasions.

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
I love them both! Your pear has so much personality. The RB is so classic.

Very lucky girl!
36.gif

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
You are very lucky to have a hubby that responded the way yours did! Your new diamond looks great! And your pear looks fabulous in that setting! Great job (to your DH as well)! Will be looking forward to seeing what you decide to set your beautiful RB in.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for all of the photos. I love seeing the two rings side by side. The photo of the RB alone really shows it off though.

I''m glad you upgraded your upgrade and got what you wanted.
9.gif

What size is your ring finger?

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous rings, both of them!

I have to say that pear is beautifully icy... that setting is fantastic! A gorgeous icy white/blue color!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results