shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanted to share.. The Random Jewelry Photo Thread

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
This is inspired by VRBeauty's thread for random comments in Hangout. I often take new photos of my jewelry in various places around work, my home, on vacation, etc. I never share them here because I would feel strange clogging up the boards with constant new threads just to share the updated images of my pieces.

So here's a thread to share your random snapshots and fun new pictures of your pieces.

I look forward to seeing new pictures of your jewelry!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Re: I just wanted to share.. The Random New Jewelry Photo Th

I'll start it off with a picture I took late last night in my lab. I was taking photos of my damaged composite panels on a lightbox. I decided that it would be a fun opportunity to take some pictures of my rings with the composite panels. I am just about finished with my PhD (dissertation due in 6 days!) so I like that I have a neat picture to remind me of my time here and everything I've gone through to get to where I am now.

Plus, it merges two of my favorite things- jewels and composites!

The black stuff in the stone is my camera and I bet you can guess what color shirt I was wearing!

ctekcompositering.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Claire - I love the prongs on your ring -- what a unique setting (and no, I'm not using "unique as a euphemism)!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock

VRBeauty said:
Claire - I love the prongs on your ring -- what a unique setting (and no, I'm not using "unique as a euphemism)!

I have a love/hate relationship with that setting. I love the idea behind it. I originally wanted Mark Morrell but the turn around time for a custom job for the cushion was too long, according to DH. So he sort of took the same style of basket and drew something up for the jeweler to make custom, locally. I think the prong tips are bulky and cumbersome and wish they could be more refined looking but I do love that its a little different and something that came out of DH's mind (even though Hearts on Fire makes a dead ringer for this setting). The funny thing about it being unique, is that one of my best friends has an almost identical setting but in YG and platinum with a 0.75 carat RB. Her DH wanted to buy the HOF setting but ended up having a replica made. When she got it, she called me and said, "So I have your ring!" Her DH picked out the setting before mine proposed (her DH proposed with a peridot halo ring sort of spur of the moment and then got the diamond ring later) and had shown it to me. I loved it so when my DH proposed I just thought it was too funny that she and I would end up with very similar rings.

Enough rambling! Thanks for the compliment.

I hope more people post their fun pics, or else I'm going to be alllllll by mysellllllllllllfffffffffff over here! Perhaps I am the weirdo who takes pictures of their jewelry in new and interesting environments! :rodent:

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

Clairitek-your ring is lovely, and congrats on finishing your PhD!

Well, I am always taking random pictures, so I'll add one.

OEC-Citizen11.jpg

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the idea of this thread! :bigsmile:
I so want to play! It might be after the weekend tough just because my Husband is already thinking I'm strange because I set around with my camera all the time now just snapping shots of my ring! LOL! But this thread is going to be SO FUN!

Claire and coatimundi, Both of your rings are GORGEOUS! :lickout:

I was testing out the LED light on my new iphone 4 and got this...

beanyrandlkjsd.PNG

ANd like everyone else, I am constantly taking pictures.

I even took 2 videos...... hehehehe :oops:

coco3

Rough_Rock

bean said:

Wow, if the iPhone 4 gets H&A shots like that, I'm upgrading STAT! Beautiful ring! Hopefully I will have mine to add tomorrow...

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock

That has to be the BEST CELL PHONE PICTURE I've EVER seen! Your ring is stunning by the way! :bigsmile:

The videos are really good too- I just cant figure out how to get them off my phone without compressing them yet. :naughty: They upload to youtube with compression as well.. so.. I will have to work on that!

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock

Your very own amateur sprakle **** video! :naughty: :bigsmile: :naughty:

heliotrope

Shiny_Rock

oooh!! I'll play too!!

my little Tokyo lady holding my ering :bigsmile:

kiminochic.jpg

coco3

Rough_Rock

bean said:
You can view it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfTRFf0kcZg... it's still needing work. But that will have to wait! Now, what if everyone on PS started their own youtube channel? Pictures AND videos with each new project :) :D

OooOOOooo extremely sparkly! What are the stats/stories on the two rings? Is there a thread elsewhere that I missed?

I cant find my old threads but the ring on the left is my inherited ring (eventually I think I will get a new 3 stone setting for it) (3.18 I si2, and the sides are 1.46ctw G si2) the one on the right is my engagement ring ~.70ct J Si2 OEC (though, i don't think it's near an Si2 at all) I might reset that in another setting or pendant- as you can see it sits really high!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock

Autumnovember said:
Do watches count?!

Of course! I was hoping people would post pics of all sorts of pieces.

Thanks for playing everyone! Makes me feel less lonely over here!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock

coatimundi said:
Clairitek-your ring is lovely, and congrats on finishing your PhD!

Well, I am always taking random pictures, so I'll add one.

Woot thanks for posting Coati! Nice to see more pictures of your upgrade! Love the book cover as well.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock

bean said:

Thats a great quality shot for a camera phone! I try in vain to get my iPhone 3G to take good pictures. No luck ever!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock

heliotrope said:
oooh!! I'll play too!!

my little Tokyo lady holding my ering :bigsmile:

Is that a James or Caleb Meyer?

heliotrope

Shiny_Rock

Hey there Clairitek

:wavey:

Jim (James Meyer)

vc10um

Ideal_Rock

Here's my engagement ring, about 4 or 5 days after our engagement, sitting in flowers my best friend (and bridesmaid!) sent me for congratulations!

July 2010 009a.jpg

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock

heliotrope said:
Hey there Clairitek

:wavey:

Jim (James Meyer)

I thought so but I figured I'd ask. I've only seen Caleb's work in person and its just awesome! Their aesthetic is very similar. I hope that one day I will own one of their pieces!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock

vc10um said:
Here's my engagement ring, about 4 or 5 days after our engagement, sitting in flowers my best friend (and bridesmaid!) sent me for congratulations!

I still don't think I have a proper flower shot of my ring! I have a "hanging on wrought iron garden sculpture thing" shot, but no good flower shots. I got engaged in November, I suppose thats why! Still love your ring V! That sone is :love: .

vc10um

Ideal_Rock

Clairitek said:
vc10um said:

I still don't think I have a proper flower shot of my ring! I have a "hanging on wrought iron garden sculpture thing" shot, but no good flower shots. I got engaged in November, I suppose thats why! Still love your ring V! That sone is :love: .

I can't get enough of it, Ctek! You did a great job tracking it down! :D :D :D :appl: :appl: :appl:

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock

vc10um said:
Clairitek said:
vc10um said:

I can't get enough of it, Ctek! You did a great job tracking it down! :D :D :D :appl: :appl: :appl:

I wrote down your range from when I looked for that stone so I can use it to look for my own RB down the road.

I just took a new batch of work/composites related ring photos now that I have a place to share them!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock

Great! I'll play now too :) I have a few pieces I really love that I should post later..

but for now:

picpocpipoc.jpg

39644_146564088688703_100000053397086_461982_3122581_n-1.jpg

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock

Latest sciency jewelry pics...

More mechanical testing!

newctekringpic.jpg

ctekstraingage.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results