shape
carat
color
clarity

i finally got a manicure... my shiny!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
UPDATE(8/13/06): new pics w/my wedding band on page 2! thanks all.

sooooo........ I actually got engaged late Oct 2004 and found pricescope *after* my engagement (so I never got to participate in the Ladies in Waiting thread, although I dearly wish I had found you gals before!!) and i really was quite intimidated by all the gawgeous rings here, which is one of the reasons I haven't posted. But I finally got a manicure for my engagement dinner (my aunt's treat! yay!) and that gave me a bit more confidence... plus a LOT of pix on my digital... So here is 'my shiny' (as my fi calls it)
1.gif
1.gif

0.82ct F SI2 RB GIA
.25 and .26 pear sidestones
setting is in WG
ring size 4.5

I have the GIA report w/the other specs somewhere, but I don't remember where I put it.

PS. FI proposed at a beautiful Bed&Breakfast, in the garden, at dusk... it was the most romantic evening ever!!!!!!!! (ok, at least it was for me...)
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

DSCN0952.jpg

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
That is just phenominal!

So perfectly the right size for your hand, and the manicure doesn''t hurt at all..
emthup.gif

Sounds like a romantic proposal and a wonderful guy.....

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Oh Flopkins- it''s so lovely. White, white White
emsmiled.gif
30.gif
30.gif

katrina_33

Shiny_Rock
That''s such a great ring!! Why would you ever be intimidated to post it here, silly!?!?

I really like pear sidestones these days....

And your nails look great!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful and looks perfect on your hand!

sciencegeek

Shiny_Rock
I adore your ring! I just love the shape combo!
30.gif
30.gif
It looks perfect on your hand.

I''ve already told my (admittedly worried) fiance that my next diamond ring will be a round with pear sides
11.gif
1.gif

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
congrats flopkins! your ring is gorgeous and looks just beautiful on your hand! bad you for making us wait
2.gif

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
thanks gals...
and sevens, yes, its very white- actually the side stones (i dont know the specs for them) are definitely not the same color grade bc in sunlight, if i look hard, i can see the warmer color on the pears... interesting ot have the comparison bc otherwise i wouldn''t notice!

oh and here is a side pic too, its just a simple basket setting. I didn''t want anything too high or fancy, bc I work in a lab all the time, and they would get in the way of the gloves.

oh! and you can see a little bit of the flaws thru the pavilion, which I can''t tell from the top, even though it''s an SI2...

DSCN0821.jpg

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
hrm... on looking at that last pic i realize it''s kinda dirty! hehe... oh well. a ring is meant ot be worn...

and sciencegeek- my FI is already worried too... bc i keep telling him i love those asschers!!!!!

but my current goal is to convince him an eternity ring would look ffaaaaabbbulous next to that ering...
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Flopkins, welcome to Pricescope! Please don''t ever feel intimated here. We love sparklies in all shapes and sizes. I particularly love your setting!
31.gif
Hmmmmm, do you guys think I''m partial to flopkins'' ring for any particular reason? Naaaaaw, not me.
12.gif
Tee hee! I love the way your basket tapers upward and the side stones are set at the perfect height for viewing.

Beautiful ring and congratulations!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
love love love it! beautiful! My sidestones sometimes look sort of "pearish" due to the single prong on the edges.. so it reminds me A LOT of my ring!! Its gorgeous! and you''re another teeny fingered girl!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
btw- what date did you get engaged?
We got engaged Oct 20th! The night the red sox beat the yankees to go to the world series (I really know very little about baseball, but am a sentimental red sox fan for this reason)!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
preettty ring. look so big on your finger.

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
I just love pear sides! Congratulations. It''s so pretty.

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
thanks to everyone for their kind compliments!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
i feel very welcomed and loved...

fortekitty- i esp wanted the diamonds to be proportioned to look like ''one big shiny'' from far away, if that makes any sense - i fell in love w/a much smaller ring (center stone was abt .33 ct)also with the pear sides, and it had the lovely tapered shank so it looked like just bling! so my lovely fi got me something really similar, except w/a lot more bling! hehe.
1.gif
1.gif

kmom- three stone lovers... unite!!
1.gif
i love your set, especially those sneaky little claw prongs...
3.gif
3.gif

melissasue- (see kmom''s note above also) and i got engaged on the 29th, so 9 days after you and the red sox fans were partied out?!
1.gif
1.gif
i love how a smaller stones look enormous on smaller ring sizes... more bang for less buck! i just read your ering thread and i love the story behind the stone!!
9.gif
9.gif
and we are also planning a spring 2006 wedding, (no date set yet) so i will keep you posted!!

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/8/2005 1:51:48 AM
Author: flopkins
thanks to everyone for their kind compliments!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
i feel very welcomed and loved...

kmom- three stone lovers... unite!!
1.gif
i love your set, especially those sneaky little claw prongs...
3.gif
3.gif
You are welcome indeed!

Hehe, on another note, I chuckled at the term "sneaky" regarding my claw prongs. Never thought of it, but yeah, I like it~SNEAKY.
11.gif

Kidding aside, if you followed the story on how I got those prongs, you''ll know it was not a fun ride. The original Dvatche prongs looked very much like yours, except they looked much thinner hence they did not last against the sawing of the stone. I don''t think even the strongest of prongs would have held up to that.
39.gif
But they did taper like yours and I really like that look. The next set of prongs just didn''t work for me.
15.gif
So you know if you ever get tired of your prongs, sneaking in some claws was actually the best part.
11.gif

Enjoy your beautiful ring & please stick around for the fun. Have you thought about what kind of band you will get?

TLS

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is absolutely stunning and unbelievably white!!!!

it''s gorgeous! congratulations!

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhhhh...how pretty! Any chance we''ll get to see more pics??
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring looks great! Congratulations!!! (but you shouldn''t have waited to show us your ring because of a manicure....although it still looks fabulous WITH your manicure!!
emwink.gif
) I think a nice RB eternity band will look lovely with that!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
You really should have posted earlier because that is one beautiful ring!

PS- love your avatar.
face23.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
The RB with the pear sides is one of my all-time favorite styles. Your ring is just awesome!
30.gif
Congrats!
36.gif

PS what flaws? What color difference?
33.gif
1.gif

Rockchick

Brilliant_Rock
That is a beautiful ring!!!

30.gif
Very pretty!!!
30.gif

It looks great on you!!! I love pear side stones, I think it is soooo elegant!

tulipcloud

Shiny_Rock
that''s gorgeous! I love the side pears. congratulations! I was engaged in October too! But our wedding is going to be this year, I don''t think I could wait another year.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results