shape
carat
color
clarity

Hi I''m new! And here''s my new ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

adm1985

Rough_Rock
I have been lurking around here forever just admiring the beautiful pictures you ladies (and men) have up here. My boyfriend of 4 years proposed last Friday May 2nd and I have been wanting to post some pictures up here since then! I don''t know many of the specs on my ring and I hope I don''t embarrass myself by using the wrong terms but here goes:

Platinum with bezel set.29 ct center stone
F color
SI1 (eye clean)
The rest of the diamonds equal .50 so it''s .79 total

I love this ring so much because I''ve always been attracted to smaller diamonds and I love bezel settings- also my boyfriend gets some design credit because he had them do a total modification of another design to make this ring! There''s also a beautiful wedding band being designed right now to go along with it. Anyways, enough of my yacking- here''s some pictures! I know my rings small compared to many others on PS but I hope you all enjoy looking at the pictures.
35.gif
(sorry for so many- I think there will be 8 total!)
40.gif

IMG_5775.JPG

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
That is an extraordinarily beautiful ring. I love it. Where did you have it made?

adm1985

Rough_Rock
Thank you all so much for the nice comments! It was made by a local jeweler here in Chicago named Ahn''s, they don''t have a website but if anyone is interested I can give you contact info!

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
I adore your setting! Welcome to PS and congrats on your engagement!
1.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! The setting is so beautiful... I love the side view! The bezel setting really makes the center stone look bigger than .29 carats! When is the wedding?
35.gif

skwash

Rough_Rock
Your ring is really beautiful. I love the design.

Congratulations.

adm1985

Rough_Rock
You guys are so nice! We're actually getting married in August! No big wedding for us- the ceremony will be just the two of us at the Chicago Cultural Center and then a nice weekend at a downtown hotel.
5.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really love your new ring. The detail and that side view!! Just beautiful!

Congratulations to you and your fiance''!

Since your wedding day will be here soon, have you thought about a wedding band?

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your ring is beautiful and looks lovely on your hand! I particularly love the profile and the engraving around the shank.

Date: 5/8/2008 8:36:48 PM
Author: adm1985
You guys are so nice! We''re actually getting married in August! No big wedding for us- the ceremony will be just the two of us at the Chicago Cultural Center and then a nice weekend at a downtown hotel.
5.gif
This sounds like a lovely wedding! Mu hubby and I got married at our local town hall and it was beautiful and intimate. Good luck!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love your ering, all the detail and the stone is gorgeous. Welcome to PS
35.gif

GemALLogist

Shiny_Rock
that is one gorgeous ring (the detail is amazing)...congrats! The setting is so unique and looks perfect on your hand!

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Wow. I am at a loss for words. First off, what a beautiful ring. The artistry of that ring really rivals the craftsmanship of some of Tiffany''s pieces. The side view is simply stunning, and the halo is just incredible. You did something I haven''t seen on here: use a smooth halo instead of one crusted with diamonds. And you know what? LESS IS MORE, BABY! The presence of the halo *without* the diamonds going around it, actually make your center stone appear closer to a carat. That is truly magic. I also think the absence of the diamonds going around the halo make the side diamonds and other accent diamonds STAND OUT. You have achieved something close to perfection with your gorgeous ring. And I can tell you there are people who spend way more to get a whole lot less. Well done you! BTW, what a great town to get married in. I LOVE Chicago! :)

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
You know what? I have to post again. I just re-looked at the pictures and your ring is like a cross between the Tiffany ribbon ring and the Tiffany legacy ring. And, I have to say, I have never seen such a perfect melding of those two designs before. It''s stunning. And, the filigree going around the bottom of the shank makes it look very heirloom as well.

MMMD

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations, what a beautiful ring. Your FI did an amazing job on the design.

adm1985

Rough_Rock
Oh thank you so much for your kind words!! I was really a little hesitant to post here on PS because I know so little about diamonds and my ring is quite small compared to others. I am really happy with it and I am glad that you all like it too.
1.gif
My family and friends all live pretty far away so this is my way of being able to show it off haha! The wedding band is being made now, it''s a 1/2 eternity with the matching engraving around the back. Thank you all again for the nice comments- this is the first feedback I''ve really gotten on it other than from myself and the jeweler!
5.gif

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
How absolutely precious and beautiful! Your ring gorgeous and exquisitely executed - what amazing detail...

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh my! your ring is just beautiful! the design and details are just gorgeous! i love how it combines different elements such as the bezel and engraving and miligraining into a graceful piece of art! it looks perfect on your hand, i absolutely LOVE it!

congratulations on your engagement!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results