shape
carat
color
clarity

Here''s my upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
With all this upgrading going around on PS, I couldn''t wait any longer to get my own. I was supposed to wait another year but heck diamond prices only go up right:razz: I don''t have the ring yet, but I had superbcert send me pics before they send it out.

cbering2.jpg

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
congratulation your upgrade
36.gif
36.gif

very beautiful
1.gif

I can''t wait to see hand pic.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~That is a stunning ring!! So classic!! More pics and specs please!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
it''s a 2.1 I VS2 superbcert
crown: 34.8
pav: 40.8
table 56%
depth 62%
girdle: med-slthick
diameter: 8.2mm

Lost a little bit of spread due to the extra 1% on the girdle but everything else looked good and the price was reasonable so I decided to go for it. I really wanted to try a stone with a 34.8/40.8/56% combo. Not sure if it''ll look any different from my last stone 34.5/40.8/55%. Hopefully I will have the ring tomorrow for hand shots! I''m not gonna be able to sleep tonight. I didn''t like the prong tips on my last ring so I''ve been worried about how this one would turn out. One night I had a nightmare that my prongs looked like staples and there were 8 of them just slapped across the crown in all directions. The color is still a slight concern for me since my last stone was a G and I''ve only briefly looked at an I recently. Dem really scared me when she went from a G to an I, back to a G. Can you guys believe that earlier this week I actually thought, hmm maybe I shouldn''t post pics of my upgrade. Then a second after I received the email from superbcert, I already uploaded the pics:razz:

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here's a side by side comparison pic I stole from Mara's thread a while ago to help me visualize the size difference between this and my previous stone=P Yes, I am really lame-o! excuse the yucky scribbling. (Hope Mara doesn't mind!)

cd-side-by-side.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CareBear! Wow! I hope I don''t get DSS too bad before my poor 1.63 comes! All these 2 ct. stones..wow!

It''s beautiful! Honestly, I am still deliberating about that setting. I am pleased to see the prong tips looking very good on this one. That was the thing that worried me most.

I''ll be very interested to see pictures once it comes! Please include some with your diamond band!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/10/2006 6:47:38 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
CareBear! Wow! I hope I don't get DSS too bad before my poor 1.63 comes! All these 2 ct. stones..wow!

It's beautiful! Honestly, I am still deliberating about that setting. I am pleased to see the prong tips looking very good on this one. That was the thing that worried me most.

I'll be very interested to see pictures once it comes! Please include some with your diamond band!
I actually sent Barry a closeup of Mara's ring before they started working it. He was willing to accommodate. The prong tips are not as small as Mara's but I am very happy with the results=) I will be sure to take LOTS of pics!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
i had superbcert take side profile pics. You can see some color from the side against the white background. Should I be worried?
33.gif

cd-side3.jpg

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/10/2006 7:02:06 PM
Author: CareBear
i had superbcert take side profile pics. You can see some color from the side against the white background. Should I be worried?
33.gif
I don''t know. Sometimes I think that photos taken in that funky sepia-type lighting to show the contrast in the stone on arrows put a tinge on the stone. As far as the I, I have a .76 I VS1 superbcert. I had for a short time an F ACA. I had an opportunity to compare colors between the two in all different environments. I honestly could not see a color difference. Good thing I''m not a GG huh?
2.gif
It really is going to depend on how color sensitive you are, but I really don''t think it will appear tinted. It may have a slight warmth in certain lighting, but I saw my F pick up colors and reflect them from the room I was in. No one is going to look at your diamond and say, "Oh, that''s tinted, isn''t it?" It''s going to be beautiful.

shay

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Carebear, I am so excited for you! I was in a similar situation last year, I made the jump from a 1.49 to a 2.03 and I remember the anticipation and worry about the color. I heard that the lower color become more apparent as the stone get bigger but it wasn't true in my case. I didn't make a jump in color like you, my old stone was a J and although I am "color sensitive" I was comfortable with it, I did not want to go bigger and get a stone that was more warm than the one I had. Surprisingly, my new stone appears whiter than the old one. My old stone always had a soft sandy color under my bathroom lights and this new one is just a soft off white. The difference in size is noticeable and sooo worth it. I hope you will love your new diamond. The pictures look fabulous, and the profile shot makes me really want a tiffany replica one from Superbcert. Was your original setting from Superbcert too? I can't wait to see your pics!
36.gif

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Shay, I know that I am color sensitive in that I can definitely tell what color a rock is. I went to Tiff's last week (wanted to see how my new ring would look on my finger) and the sales lady handed me a ring to try on. without looking at the tag, I guessed that it was an I color and I was right. I guess for me it's a matter of will I be bothered by it over time.

Leila, I'm hoping that my "I" is a "high I". I'm also hoping that shrinkage doesn't set in as quickly as with my last one cos I see no upgrades in the near future. But it seem on PS that once you hit the 2ct mark, shrinkage slows down a bit and people more or less stop upgrading? Or is it cos the price is going up exponentially beyond that?
41.gif

My last one was also set in the tiff replica. superbcert put a cz in that setting for me. So I'll have 2 of the same ring. It's very silly:razz:

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/10/2006 5:33:18 PM
Author:CareBear
With all this upgrading going around on PS, I couldn''t wait any longer to get my own. I was supposed to wait another year but heck diamond prices only go up right:razz: I don''t have the ring yet, but I had superbcert send me pics before they send it out.
Hi Carebear ~
emrose.gif

I see you got the bug!
31.gif

Congratulations!
36.gif

I am sure you are very excited and I am so happy for you!
face23.gif

I will be waiting to see
emphoto.gif
''s when you get your
emlove.gif
beautiful
emlove.gif
new sparklie!

Have a great day!
35.gif

diamondlove

Shiny_Rock
Carebear,

Congrats on the upgrade-- I''m so glad you finally found the diamond for you. It really does look super pretty. I do like the Superbcert settings the most out of the Tiffany repros-- I just tend not to like the knife edge in general so much or else I''d consider this setting in a heartbeat.

I can''t wait to see hand shots!

Diamondlove

p.s. don''t forget that even F/G colored stones or higher can reflect tints of other color so whenever you see some color from your stone it''s not necessarily the diamond color showing... it may be reflecting something in the surroundings. My living room has tan colored walls so even my F colored diamond (non E-ring) looks yellowy sometimes.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Wow that is a beauty - can't wait for your hand shots!!! That setting is just so classy looking!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
CareBear-

Congrats on a beautiful stone! I love it! I have to say though, I laughed out loud when I read about your staple nightmare!!! Not to poke fun at all, but you are funny! You poor thing!!
emwink.gif

Congrats again!

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so glad you fell into the trap of upgrading! Isn''t it fun? Your ring looks beautiful. I can''t wait to see it on your hand. I''m sure Superbcert''s e-mail elayed your fears of all those staples!! LOL

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
carebear, you sneaky girl!!!! it looks divine, i can''t wait to see it in person next get together! welcome to the 2c+ upgrader club..hehe.

your prongs look lovely, i''m glad that SC accommodated you and you are happy. in terms of the color, you will probably notice some difference but really i don''t think it will be as much as you expect. many people find that I stones are the threshold for them in terms of color...not everyone can feel good with a J but with an I, I think that it''s a more accepted jump. also most people aren''t as color sensitive as dem is really. but if you are, just wait until you can upgrade to get an H or something, that''s the best part of an upgrade policy!! and just wear the bigger stone in the meantime.

in the future when i think about going to a 3c+ stone, i think about maybe getting an I in terms of color. i don''t know if a 3.3 or similar in a J would delight me as much as my 2.3 in a J. I might have to make a color jump too to keep the color constant since the stone is so much larger. but who knows, we''ll see. that just makes the 3.3c more expensive of course too. but anyway, you done good, i love it!! when do you get the ring back?!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
oh my gosh! I got the ring!!! UPS guy dropped it off right before I left for work. I was thinking I won't see it until later tonight. It's so BIG and SPARKLY! I wanted to take pics and upload right away but I had no time before work=( And I'm stuck going to a friend's bday party tonight. ack!!! I'm dying to spend "alone time" with my ring. I will definitely try to upload some pics before I go to bed. I'm so mesmerized by the size that I haven't really noticed the color as much. I can definitely see a tint at certain angles. I'm just gonna have to get over it:razz: I'm thinking, once I get used to an I color, I can go J next time and get an even bigger one!=P I just remembered the 2.08 I VVS2 I tried on atTiff's last week had a price tag of $37500 + tax, which brings that sucker over 40k! I'm giddy over all that money I "saved"!
41.gif
But bad news is, last week hubby told me I can possibly get another upgrade in a couple years, but this morning after seeing the ring he told me I'm crazy to need anything bigger:razz: I need to control myself from using the word "upgrade" in front of him for a while. Good thing there are other tricks to make rocks look bigger: halo, side stones.. Now I understand why you gals start thinking about the next step the minute u get the ring. It's funny, I sit here at work and looking at it at certain angles and light conditions, I freak out cos I feel DSS kicking in. Then I turn it a different angle and it's big again. Work has fluorescent lights. If only they can hang a spot light above my cube. That would be a kick ass lighting combo!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Stunning! Look forward to hand shots of your wonderful ring!

cheers--Sharon

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m so happy you love your new ring!! It is gorgeous in the photos....but we need MORE MORE MORE!!!

Yay for upgrading!!! I can''t wait to see it, hopefully at the next GTG!
36.gif

PS -- you will most likely get over the warmer I color as your eye adjusts to the change. I had my E for years and when I got my H, was a little surprised at how easily I could tell the difference in color. But now that I''ve had the stone for almost a year, I see nothing but icy whiteness!!! No problems at all.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I rushed home before the party to take some pics before it got dark. Here they come! It's a lot easier to capture the arrows on this thing than my last
9.gif

CIMG2841-2.JPG

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
for diamondseeker... my 7 pointers look more proportioned with this rock than the last.

CIMG2851-2.JPG

rogue

Shiny_Rock
OMG!!
30.gif
30.gif
The ring is beautiful! The first hand shot is priceless! Congrats! I hope you get some sleep tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results