shape
carat
color
clarity

First post! OEC diamond and emerald art deco ring!

Rika

Rough_Rock
I've been lurking for months and finally have something to post about!

I found this amazing art deco platinum, emerald, and OEC diamond ring a few months ago. The emerald is about a half carat and is in the 5mm size range.

Also, I want to thank everyone on PS for their posts about antique and vintage diamonds. My engagement ring is in the works and I would never have decided on the right diamond without the wealth of knowledge on this site!

photo_52.jpg

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG that is stunning. I am certifiably jealous! What a beauty.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Rika, love your ring! Gorgeous! :love: That green is so vivid and I love the way the OEC's are surrounding the emerald...amazing! We need more pics you know. :appl:

Mikla

Shiny_Rock
Premium
That's a stunning ring! Beautiful design and the center stone is breathtaking. I can't stop staring at it. The emerald looks pretty clear to me. Do you know if it has been treated in any way? The color is so vivid and just the right tone and saturation. How on earth did you find such a remarkable art deco ring??

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
First, love your avatar! I have 2 pekes myself.

Second, that ring is gorgeous. The color is stunning and fits your hand really well!

Rika

Rough_Rock
Glad you guys like it as much as I do! The emerald really is an electric amazing green, and the picture doesn't do it any justice. The underside is amazing too - all small handmade scrolled hearts in the gallery. I'll try to take a few more pics with my iphone when I can get some good lighting in my apt!

I actually don't know if it has been enhanced or not. I'm thinking because of the age (1920s) that maybe the most it has had done to it is been oiled. I do have some other GIA info for the whole ring - natural emerald is medium-dark color, type III, very good cut, strong bluish green color. And the diamonds are H/I, VS2-SI1, very good cut.

I spent ages searching for a good enough diamond and emerald art deco ring, and when I saw this one I had to snap it up. Actually found it on rubylane, but was scouring ebay for good authentic deals too! Couldn't be happier with it!

Lorrissey - I'm so excited that there's another peke fan on here! I'm jealous that you have two - my bf won't let me get another because there will be too much fur! :lol:

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
It's absolutely divine. Stunning! I can't wait to see more pictures. That emerald is just heaven!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the bright colour!!!! Great find, well done!!!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Ok, ummmmm wowwwwwieeeeee!!! Looooove this!!!! Like LUUUUUURRRRRRRVE!!!!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Spectacular ring! Its unique yet very wearable. Love love.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is insanely beautiful!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
FABULOUS find!! What a gorgeous ring! I love the glow from that beautiful emerald and the unique flower type setting for the OEC's - its a real treasure that you have discovered!! Wear it in good health and enjoy!

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
Oh yes! The fur war in our place is very real, but so worth it!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
WOW- That is fabulous :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
I love it...can you tell :))

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow! What an amazing emerald & stunning ring!! :love:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Wow, gorgeous ring. I do think we need more pictures though!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my - that's so beautiful! :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your emerald is green as the Pacific ocean!
What a beautiful ring!

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the emerald. Is it of Colombian origin, do you know?

Rika

Rough_Rock
Pyramid: I'm not sure about the origin. Maybe an emerald expert on here would know where most of them came from in the 20s!

A couple more pics - unfortunately it's been cloudy here so I can't get any good ones in the sun that really show the color! I guess these will have to do!

img_2039_0.jpg

img_2040.jpg

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring!!!! That green is seriously stunning. Love the basket details too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results