shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue Nile Petite Cathedral 1.81ct ering

starrynight

Shiny_Rock
I helped (as in gave some resources via pricescope yay) to a friend's boyfriend (now fiance yay) rings. But...despite such resources, he went with (gasp!) Blue Nile. The ring's still beautiful :) We plugged and chugged all the #s and the HCA score (just slightly about 2) and the AGA/NAJA grading at 1B...he took a risk and I think it paid off (the price was right & the proposal trip was coming up fast). She also happened to mention she liked one of the settings (the one mentioned in the subject). This is the current link to the setting http://www.bluenile.com/diamond-engagement-ring-platinum_9917

Stats:
1.81ct ex-ex-ex (GIA)
I-color
VS1
7.81x7.84x4.85
Strong Blue Fluor

I think that's all the stats...we also took a trip to a few jewelry stores today so I thought I'd throw those in later in the post :tongue:

Oh yea ring size 3.75!

kim_ring_closer_up.jpg

kim_ring_side_angle.jpg

kim_ring1.jpg

kim_ring_2.jpg

starrynight

Shiny_Rock
Silly me...forgot the hand shots! :twirl:

This one's of her ering with the tiffany metro band:

kim_ring_perspective.jpg

k_hand_shot2.jpg

k_with_metro_band.jpg

starrynight

Shiny_Rock
AND while we were band shopping...I tried on a few hehe :naughty:

The first is a 2ct classic tiffany setting (about 8.1mm in diameter). The second is a 2ct hearts on fire (just a smidge smaller in diameter than the first). My ring size is 5.

a_2ct_tiffany.jpg

a_2ct_hearts_on_fire.jpg

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It was nice of you to help your friend! It looks like you did a great job!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Very beautiful! The HOF diamond looks fantastic on your hand. Hmmm.... finders fee for your help? :)

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your friend will love it! Good job!

Malbec54

Shiny_Rock
It's gorgeous...and I like it so much better than the 2 carat Tiffany and HOF!!! :appl: I'm certain it's going to look just as beautiful on your friend's hand! ;))

starrynight

Shiny_Rock
Hehe guess I wasn't clear...she LOVES her ring! Those are her hands in the photos with the blue nile ring (I can't fit her 3.75 sized ring :oops: ). We went on a little shopping excursion and checked out some weddings bands hence the extra photos with my fingers in them :Up_to_something: The 2ct rings are on my finger (size 5).

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring, I'm glad she loves it!

ringstake2

Rough_Rock
Thanks for posting! waiting for my bluenile ring in a similar setting..(not a cathedral)! So excited!

starrynight

Shiny_Rock
ooo congrats on your new ring ringstake2!! I'm sure it's going to be gorgeous :twirl: Can't wait to see it posted!

mitsui4

Brilliant_Rock
Glad that your friend has what she wanted. That is the best for an e-ring, a setting that she likes (nice setting btw) and a weighty carat diamond on a super small size finger. WOW. Blings :lol:

starrynight

Shiny_Rock
Mitsui...I know right? Her 1.8ct looks the same as the 2ct on my size 5 finger :loopy: Saw your thread on your ring - super blingy :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results