shape
carat
color
clarity

Turning a Regular ring into a semi-Comfort Fit

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Hey, well the guys down and Knox wouldn''t tell me exactly how wide my band is, so I am not sure. They said something like 2mmish but didn''t know. Then I forgot to measure it when I got it and sent it to James Allen, but I did put on the shank for a few minutes. I recall it was somewhat sharp on the edges, more so than my other non-comfort fit ring from Blue Nile. This shank is not comfort fit either, and it may not actually be a problem, i will have to try it out for a little while and get a feel for it before I propose.

So, I am wondering if it is possible to, with a 950 palladium ring, sort of have the edges smoothed out and make them less pronounced and intrusive to enhance comfort. Maybe I am crazy but if I do find it is a bit uncomfortable after trying it out a bit more I hope there is some option out there to help it become more comfortable. If not, I tried my best!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes its possible to polish and smooth and just a few min. job for a good benchman.
If JA hasn''t set the stone yet ask if their bench can do it.
A big taper like a true comfort fit wont be possible most likely but smothing it out shouldn''t be a problem.

Thanks for the response. I don't know for sure if they had but yeseterday there was big bruhaha about my ring size, some misscommunication happening. I am guessing that they have just finished the soldering, so maybe it will be ok!

but

It wouldn't be practical if the stone were set?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2007 9:05:33 PM
Author: WorkingHardforSmallRewards
Thanks for the response. I don''t know for sure if they had but yeseterday there was big bruhaha about my ring size, some misscommunication happening. I am guessing that they have just finished the soldering, so maybe it will be ok!

but

It wouldn''t be practical if the stone were set?
it can be done at any time...
just figured since a benchman was working on it anyway....

alright, well thank you for your assistance. I hate to ask JA another request as their prices have only been matched by their service--except other vendors like WF, I am sure they are on somewhat equal footing as well:).

But I think I will, if still possible, retract my request for rhodium plating and ask about smoothing out the corners as I recall them being particularly rough. Hopefully they haven't plated it though, not sure how that will figure in, but I guess I will find out on monday and have to send out a second email to them tonight! (they are going to hate me, I am so difficult....)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results