shape
carat
color
clarity

"The Art of Diamond Cutting" New Video by Mark T

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
From rough diamond to polished gem, Mark Turnowski walks us through the diamond cutting process in the following video:

The Art of Diamond Cutting

As an example of this process you will observe the cutting of an antique-style cushion cut diamond. Many of the steps taken along this process have been passed down by the cutting community through centuries of apprenticeships to becoming a master cutter.

Thanks, Mark!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great article.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
that is a great video, thanks Mark and Erika! :appl:

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Well done Mark,
Very straight forward and excellent presentation.
And a nice glassy clean crystal. May I ask what the final weight, color and clarity were?
PS my daughter is visiting the big apple with her man this weekend and is very excited.
My last visit you took us to a jazz club - very famous one but name escapes me. The pianist has since visited Melbourne and we took him to dinner. Forgotten his name for the minute also!!!! But have his CD's

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Garry H (Cut Nut) said:
Well done Mark,
Very straight forward and excellent presentation.
And a nice glassy clean crystal. May I ask what the final weight, color and clarity were?
PS my daughter is visiting the big apple with her man this weekend and is very excited.
My last visit you took us to a jazz club - very famous one but name escapes me. The pianist has since visited Melbourne and we took him to dinner. Forgotten his name for the minute also!!!! But have his CD's

I agree- excellent Video Mark!!

Garry...Iridium?
http://theiridium.com/

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
That was fun!! I love to get a visual of the "behind the scenes". Thank you very much, Mark!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Enjoyed that informative step by step process. Thank you for posting!

mark_borda

Rough_Rock
Trade
Nice post.

one thing i would like to ask is,
i've seen it any many videos. the skillsman while polishing the diamond has the tang in one hand and with the other hand he rubs his finger on the scaife.

what is the reason ? is he applying some chemical or something ?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
mark_borda|1345725460|3255849 said:
Nice post.

one thing i would like to ask is,
i've seen it any many videos. the skillsman while polishing the diamond has the tang in one hand and with the other hand he rubs his finger on the scaife.

what is the reason ? is he applying some chemical or something ?
diamond grit suspended in olive oil (seriously)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results