shape
carat
color
clarity

Tapered ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Okay, now that my sister has her asscher in hand, she''s changing her idea of what she wants for her setting. Before it was tapered baguettes, but now it''s something where the shank tapers *into* the crown or something with a really thin shank to make the stone pop. She''s starting her search with something like this Michael B or this setting from Icestore.com, but open to anything where the ring is really thin. Ideas, pictures? I think I''ll send her Mara''s ring as well, which doesn''t taper but is thin.

DA1000A.jpg

michaelb.jpg

reena

Ideal_Rock
ah! i was just going to post the ring on the bottom in response to your post! i ADORE that ring. i''ll see if i can find any other good examples. i thought the ring on the bottom was precisionset?

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Reena-of-the-Gorgeous-Ring-Who-Has-Finally-Deigned-to Show-Us-Pictures!
2.gif

Is it a Precision Set? I pulled it from an old thread and thought it said it was a Michael B. Could be wrong, though.

reena

Ideal_Rock
i''m not positive--the ring belongs to a pricescope member whose name escapes me, but i THOUGHT she said it was precisionset and that she got it at GOG. (Confirm or deny, Rhino!) either way i just love it.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Here''s another. From goodoldgold. A Richard Landi. Probably too ornate for my sister, but if we''re adding to this thread...

SL%20Lu96FVS2%20side%20view.jpg

richardlandi.jpg

reena

Ideal_Rock
okay: i fully acknowledge that this setting does not taper. but it could always be made to taper, right??? anyway, it''s my absolute fave setting for an asscher. this little number is from dahne and weinstein, but as people have noted in the past, it appears to be the long lost twin of the magnificent asscher at artofplatinum. just a thought...
31.gif

yumyum.JPG

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Don''t do that to me, Reena!!! I keep hinting to my sister that she could probably get what she wants from Leon Mege AND with finer prongs, but don''t know if she''ll go for that!

reena

Ideal_Rock
oooooh, it is something to consider (and i''m willing to bet it would be substantially less expensive than a richard landi or michael b)...

regardless though, i''m sure she''ll end up with something beautiful--especially with you to help her! i also really like icestore''s custom pieces, from what i can tell from their site. does she want plain platinum or something with a little pave?

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
She started out wanting something plain, but now I think she''s leaning toward pave. However, I think she''s really at the beginning stages of deciding what she wants so could be swayed either way if the perfect ring comes along.

reena

Ideal_Rock
what a fun decision to make! the stone is so pretty. i''m really partial to asschers. definitely keep us posted.

reena

Ideal_Rock
here''s a pretty one from scott kay. he has about a bazillion tapered settings on his site (although most are shown with rounds).

scottkay2.JPG

reena

Ideal_Rock
okay, i am totally proscrastinating at work (i just can't adjust to being back after vacation! and that deposition is going to prepare for itself anyway, so whocares, right?), and so i just got a leeeeetle bit carried away collecting my favorite settings for an asscher cut diamond. if you don't mind i thought i might post them here as possible settings for your sis . . . even if she doesn't like all (or any) of them, they're good eyecandy, and they might still give her some ideas . . .

i think this daniel k is utter perfection--at least my tastes are consistent, right? it kinda looks like my own ring with an asscher! ;-)-- although from what you said it sounds like she's probably looking for something sans bezel...

asscheridea1.JPG

reena

Ideal_Rock
oh, how i love this ring. it has the tapered look you were talking about . . . and it might work with an asscher, with some modifications . . .

estatediamondjewelry.com

asscheridea2.JPG

reena

Ideal_Rock
another daniel k that i love. split shank; kinda unique.

asscherideas3.JPG

reena

Ideal_Rock
okay, i know it''s a marquise. (it''s my favorite marquise ring ever.) but i think something like this could look really cool with an asscher. it has that delicate antique look. i covet it.

icestore.com

asscheridea4.JPG

reena

Ideal_Rock
okay: this ring is beautiful. don''t know if she likes the split shank or would consider a three stone. but hey. i think it''s TDF.

asscheridea5.JPG

reena

Ideal_Rock
i wish i could find a better picture of this one ... i''ve seen a clearer one somewhere but i can''t find it. i love the graduated stones on the shank (although perhaps you''d want to go squares to complement the asscher?) i think MMM was thinking about this setting for her cushion at one point . . .

asscheridea6.JPG

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was going to remind you that my e-ring tapers, Hest, but all of these rings are more beautiful than mine! Instead of reminding you of *my* ring, I am going to take notes! I still have an unset diamond lying around in a bank vault!

Reena, where did you find all these!!??

Deb

PS-I am *definitely* going to visit the Scott Kay site!!!

reena

Ideal_Rock
oh, AGBF, i would love to see a picture of your ring! i don''t think i ever have. unfortunately i don''t know the source of this or the last two rings . . . i found them a while back on diamondtalk. but i bet they could be made custom rather easily.

i think this deco-looking ring is so cool!

asscheridea7.JPG

reena

Ideal_Rock
asscher mania continues! here's a graduated stone setting with squared off stones (princesses i guess)? very cool. from diamondtalk again.

asscheridea8.JPG

reena

Ideal_Rock
ah, but i saved the best for last.

asschergasm, courtesy of leon mege:

asscheridea9.JPG

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reena, this is my ring:

pattymyrings.jpg

reena

Ideal_Rock
oh! that''s right, with the wraps. i loooooove the wraps. very pretty!!
30.gif
36.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Oh, perfect! Thanks AGBF for posting your ring. I was going to use yours as an illustration of a very narrow shank but hadn''t gotten around to it!

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Ame posted this in an older thread. Turns out the ring my sister saw was NOT a Michael B but a Daniel K. We think it's #7 in the collage.

dkasscher.jpg

sciencegeek

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/16/2004 5:40:32 PM
Author: Hest88
She started out wanting something plain, but now I think she''s leaning toward pave. However, I think she''s really at the beginning stages of deciding what she wants so could be swayed either way if the perfect ring comes along.

Date: 11/16/2004 5:40:32 PM
Author: Hest88

I have a custom tapered plain shank with a a slight knife edge, but someday when I''m all growed up I think I want that Dahne and Weinstein setting (and a bigger Asscher to go with it!
11.gif
) Well, maybe. I seem to prefer pave in pictures and plain on my hand if that makes any sense
33.gif

kw564.jpg

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the input Sciencegeek. She''s also already dreaming of her next, much bigger asscher!

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
This Fay Cullen creates another type of tapered effect. It won't fit an asscher, but I thought it would be fun to stick up here anyway.

faycullen.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results