shape
carat
color
clarity

She said YES! Thanks to everyone here and WF

BigHenry

Rough_Rock
Well I have learned a lot over the past few months from browsing this site along with others, visiting numerous jewelry stores, and talking with different people. I narrowed down my search to a few stones on WF. Went with a .804 ACA H VS2 on a simple setting. I picked up the ring today from FedEx. Compared to all other stones I have seen at the jewelry stores, this thing is blinding. I am amazed with the performance of this stone. I proposed in the bathroom :lol: and she said yes, it was romantic ;-) Anyways, just wanted to thank everybody who has helped me out along the way. I have also found a new interest so I will be hanging around here checking things out. Here are a few pics, will post some more in show me the bling once I get around to setting up the good camera.

pa8vnl.jpg

v6uibl.jpg

photo_45.jpg

photo_60.jpg

mandasand

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! It's perfect! You're so creative with the iPad idea!!

BeachGirlG

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!!!
Wow...that ring looks absolutely perfect on her beautiful hands! :love: Wonderful choice...
And the ipad idea was great.

D

Deactivated member 42515

The iPad idea is awesome! I love surprises like that!! And the ring is so beautiful! Love BG blue diamonds!! Congrats!!!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw, congratulations!! The ring is absolutely beautiful on her. I can tell it's super sparkly. :appl:

sleeprequired

Shiny_Rock
glad to know the diamond was super blingy... did you check out any comparable quality diamonds in stores? i've been looking at the best i can find ie holloway diamonds and i'm wondering how an ACA will stack up?

congrats on the 'big yes' too...

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I am so glad that you had such a great experience here, and you did an amazing job! Congratulations on your engagement, I love the ipad ruse! :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sleeprequired|1344928649|3251086 said:
glad to know the diamond was super blingy... did you check out any comparable quality diamonds in stores? i've been looking at the best i can find ie holloway diamonds and i'm wondering how an ACA will stack up?

I don't think it is possible to find better cut diamonds than ACA's for that type of cut. There are others that may be as well cut, but you aren't going to find diamonds that will be visibly better.

Congrats, bighenry!!!! The ring is perfect and so was the proposal!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
:wavey: Big Henry!!! Congratulations!!! It looks amazing!!! :appl: :love: :appl:

Love the iPad and roses idea with the ring box in the centre - genius!! The bathroom thing - too funny!!! It looks amazing on her hand - so happy you were able to find the perfect ring for the perfect girl, and that PS helped you thru! Congratulations!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
YayTacori said:
The iPad idea is awesome! I love surprises like that!! And the ring is so beautiful! Love BG blue diamonds!! Congrats!!!!

Ditto! Awesome idea and beautiful ring :)

TitanCi

Brilliant_Rock
Amys Bling|1344949977|3251178 said:
YayTacori said:

Ditto! Awesome idea and beautiful ring :)

Congrats, that's a nice ring!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

The ring is beautiful and looks PERFECT on her hand. I love the way you presented it.

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a fun proposal idea! And congrats, the diamond looks amazing on her hand.

BigHenry

Rough_Rock
Thank you all so much :appl:

sleeprequired|1344928649|3251086 said:

Most of the stores around me carried EGL stones which I didn't want. When I told them I wanted AGS or GIA it was as if they were trying to convince me that that was not necessary and it would just cost me more. There was one store that only carried AGS and GIA stones, very nice people, very helpful, just a little bit out of my price range. I looked briefly at a few stores "high end" stones, but by the time you find anything comparable the price has far exceeded the budget and I still think that the ACA out performs those stones by far. I think most of the stores cater to the uneducated consumers or the ones who don't do their homework. I didn't have the chance to actually see an ACA in person but from all the good things I heard I went ahead with it and I couldn't be happier.

BigHenry

Rough_Rock
She had mentioned in the past that she didn't like just a solitaire setting with a slim band so I intended to have this for a temporary. Once she put it on her mind has changed though for how it displays the stone. We'll see if she wants to change it up in the future or just get a band to go along with it.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BigHenry|1344965490|3251360 said:
She had mentioned in the past that she didn't like just a solitaire setting with a slim band so I intended to have this for a temporary. Once she put it on her mind has changed though for how it displays the stone. We'll see if she wants to change it up in the future or just get a band to go along with it.

I don't blame her for changing her mind--the solitaire looks so classy!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I'm so excited for Big Henry! It looks fantastic, you did a fabulous job!!! I can see why she changed it her mind. It looks gorgeous on her!! I'm totally picturing a diamond wedding band!! Perfection!! :love: Congrats to you both!!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
what a creative idea!!! congratulations on the engagement and on the beautiful ring!!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What, I could have sworn I posted a reply here! CONGRATS BigHenry! I've flowed a few of your posts. I love what you did and think that's so cute!! Did the roses weigh roughly the same as the iPad? Did she think it was an iPad?

Lol I love that the proposal took place in the bathroom! :lol: That's a story to tell for a lifetime! It's absolutely beautiful, and enjoy your engagement! Congratulations!

BigHenry

Rough_Rock
madelise said:
What, I could have sworn I posted a reply here! CONGRATS BigHenry! I've flowed a few of your posts. I love what you did and think that's so cute!! Did the roses weigh roughly the same as the iPad? Did she think it was an iPad?

Lol I love that the proposal took place in the bathroom! :lol: That's a story to tell for a lifetime! It's absolutely beautiful, and enjoy your engagement! Congratulations!
Thanks, it. Did weigh fairly close to an iPad but the lid wouldn't close all the way. She thought it was an iPad, but she isn't the type that would suspect otherwise lol

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring is beautiful... the presentation was nothing short of inspired... and oh by the way, congratulations on your engagement!

BigHenry|1344917997|3251050 said:
I have also found a new interest so I will be hanging around here checking things out.

Lucky wife-to-be! :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results