shape
carat
color
clarity

recycle project - design ideas

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,

I have a channel set band with 6 princess cut diamonds set in yellow gold. The ring looks very much like this one but with 3 less diamonds (it doesn`t have very good figure coverage).

http://www.thefacetscollection.com/item.cfm?item_id=3760

I spoke to my local jeweler and he said that I could have it sent out and reset to my liking in white gold or platinum.

I`m looking for some ideas please. I would be wearing it as a right hand ring. I was looking at kcoursolle`s wedding band (hands down the most beautiful band that I`ve ever laid eyes on) and wondered if it was doable with 6 princess cuts instead of 5 rounds). Truth be told, the quality of the diamonds are good at best and do not sparkle as I would like them to but they are very eye-clean and clear and bright (I put them at a rough estimate of H-I colored). This band was given to me by my DH on our 7th wedding anniversary (we are now on 15 years married - 20 together) and it was way before I discovered PS and it`s teachings. I`d hate for the ring to just sit in a box as I do not wear yellow gold anymore.

Thanks,

Cachette

Oh, and on a side note, a few months ago I had asked your help on deciding on a 15th anniversay gift for me (eternity or half band). Well, I got neither. DH decided to go into politics and I (my needs - I know, how selfish of me...) were pushed aside. Mabye next time. Hence the recycling project; I really need to have something pretty for myself, even if I have to do it alone!
2.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
If you want to keep it simple and save some money you could simply have the ring rhodium plated to make it white instead of yellow. The finish will wear off after time but it is not terribly expensive to have it redone. Another thought would be to place the princess cuts in kind of an invisible set group that form a solitaire. A friend of mine has a ring with four princess cut diamonds in a square mounted on a ring shank as if it were a solitaire and it is very pretty. I don''t know why you couldn''t do the same thing with six stones although it might be more rectangular in shape. Does that make any sense?

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don't have any ideas, but... I just wanted to say that I had J color RB diamonds (mix of SI1 & SI2) removed from a YG channel set band and remounted in white gold. They honestly look G/H white now and also appear better cut in their new setting. They look impressive. I was amazed. They were rather bland in the yellow band, by comparison.

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the replies!

That`s exactly what I`m hoping for AdaBeta! The yellow gold really doesn`t flatter the diamonds. They aren`t spectacular but I`m sure they could look better!

Sundial, thanks for the suggestions.
1.gif
I`m looking more into changing the whole look of the ring. I`m not crazy about the style but I`d rather leave it as a band. I was thinking more of a prong setting or set in a big chunky band for my right hand.

I can`t seem to find any examples of chunky bands with diamonds (princess or round). Anybody know where I could find some?

Thanks again!

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Here are pictures of my current ring

6 princess cut diamonds - channel set in yellow gold
I`m not sure of the ctw or the 4 c`s

fran2.JPG

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
How about something like this Christian Bauer band that I saw on Pearlman''s website?

pearlprincband.jpg

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice and unique! It`s something to consider...

Thanks Sundial. I appreciate your help.
1.gif

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/1/2007 11:33:56 AM
Author:Cachette

I`m looking for some ideas please.

I finally found a picture of what I was thinking of (didnt want to post just a description because it might have been too confusing).

So its a simple design, but not something you see every day:

design idea.jpg

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Oh! That`s very pretty Poshpepper! Very sleek! Thank you!
I`m liking that idea also. Now that I have a few choices, it`s time for me to make a decision.
I`ll try to make it quick (which isn`t really in my nature
2.gif
) and come back with pictures!
Thanks again for your help.

Cachette

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2007 6:32:30 PM
Author: poshpepper

I finally found a picture of what I was thinking of (didnt want to post just a description because it might have been too confusing).

So its a simple design, but not something you see every day:
I like this, different!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results