shape
carat
color
clarity

My new OEC - how should I set it?

absolutme77

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I finally found the stone I think I will use for my everyday pendant. I've attached the one picture I have of it so far. It should be here tomorrow. Which way would you suggest I set it for a pendant? (4 prong, bezel, etc) I may use a local jeweler and a Stuller setting but any recommendations for others to set it would be appreciated.
It is a 0.51 GIA M, VS1. The measurements are 4.95-5.09*3.19mm. Girdle goes from very thin-thick. GIA number is 6183079515.

Thank you.

giamvs1.jpg

FightGravity

Shiny_Rock
Very pretty! I have (and love) a bezel setting for stones this size - it's classic and makes the stone look a little bigger. I wear mine daily.

Q

Queenie60

I vote for a milligrain bezel setting. Here's a photo of mine. Gives my 1 carat stone the look of a larger stone. Love it and wear it every day.

img_1839_0.jpg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was going to say millgrain bezel.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love Queenie's pendant so I'll vote for that too.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Either a thin bezel with delicate milgrain or this floral look by Alistair Kelsey:

img_14500.jpg

img_14502.jpg

absolutme77

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you. I realize I won't be able to get a milgrain bezel. The Barbara would cost almost as much as the diamond. I'm looking at Stuller now as I need a more budget-friendly bezel. I do plan to use 14K white gold, preferably unplated although most of what I saw online was played with rhodium. They don't seem to have any milgrain bezels in their catalog. Looking at ~$150-200 to bezel it.

absolutme77

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'm looking at possibly this Stuller setting if it's within my budget and won't overwhelm the diamond. I have project diamonds to use for the accent stones.

_38875.jpg

absolutme77

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I received the pendant today. I went with a half bezel and a project diamond on top of it. The jeweler suggested this. He though the full bezel, especially the setting I picked out above, might overpower the diamond. I'm really happy with how it came out. Understated and yet nice enough for everyday wear. I posted additional pictures in show me the bling. Sorry they aren't the greatest. I have to get my camera out to take better ones.

img_14962.jpg

img_14963.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It turned out lovely! We need neck shots!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful. :love: And I second the request for neck shots please. :appl:

Q

Queenie60

It's lovely. Very nice for every day wear. Congratulations! :love: :appl:

absolutme77

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Neck shot (at this angle and closeness it looks much larger than in real life):

_39036.jpg