shape
carat
color
clarity

"L" color??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shoemortgage1979

Rough_Rock
While I am learning about diamonds...what does everyone here think about an "L" color 1.11 carat marquise diamond?? Here are the other stats on this particular diamond...
1.11 ct.
depth is 63.9%
table is 56%
Good polish
Very good symmetry
Medium flourescence...will this help the color??
Measurements: 9.42x5.73x3.66

PLease don''t hold back on the opinion because I can get this diamond for a wonderful deal on "Dirt Cheap Diamonds" website...the item no. is 4351757, in case you want to take a look...Thanks!!!
41.gif

LittleRock

Shiny_Rock
I''m writing only in response to the "L" color. I thought I was getting a "j" color diamond. But after having it appraised the color was more like a L/M. I have loved it for the last 9 years. To me, it''s not looked that yellow. And I have a yellow setting too. It also is 0.60 ct. in size.

HTH!
41.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
You will probably see some color in an L diamond, esp a fancy like a marquis...but the Med Fluor will definitely help that. It may face up more like a K or even a J...but it''s hard to say really. From the side you will still see the L color but top down the fluor will help.

I don''t know anything re: cuts of marquis so hopefully someone else can chime in...but you can always just get it and see if you like it in person and return it if not...that may be necessary for a warmer color like an L...you may not know if you like it til you see it.

Good luck!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
You will tend to see color more in the tips of fancy colors that have them (tip of the pear, tips of the marquise) so it would be advisable to see the actual diamond if possible before you buy. The fluor should definitely help the diamond face up whiter, but only you can know how color sensitive you will be in this color range.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results