shape
carat
color
clarity

Ending the last chapter in uncle's llife w a sparkle

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Great uncle is 88, never married and no kids. I just met a woman friend of his when he became hospitalized after falling recently. He spoke about her over the years but was very private. They have been friends for 50 years. I asked him the other day why he never gave her a diamond since they are the sparkle in each other's eyes. He shrugged and agreed to let me get her a diamond pendant. IDJ was able to make it so quickly and I'm picks it up Tom. She is going to the hos on Mon and he will give it to her.

So excited and hope he hangs on to officially hand it to her. Keep you posted!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Staceyjan - what a wonderful thing you just did for your uncle and his friend! Speaking as one who was in a "quiet friendship" for many years - until my friend's totally unexpected death - I can tell you that your uncle's gesture will mean a great deal to his friend, and hopefully, to your uncle as well.

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a lovely thing to suggest. So glad your great uncle said yes and IDJ was able to do it quickly. Fingers crossed he's able to give it to her himself. It will put a sparkle back in both their eyes!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely thing to do! Hoping he continues to do well and that he can give it to his woman friend himself. Fingers crossed!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a sweet gesture. She will have something to remember him with. I hope he is able to give it to her also...

Keep us posted...

Q

Queenie60

Such a sweet gesture. I look forward to hearing how the story goes...... :love:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is so beautiful and sweet and very touching. Thank you for sharing this with us.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, so sweet! (I am assuming you are taking it to him right before the lady comes, right?)

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I showed it to him yesterday and then wore it in the hospital because I was afraid to leave it in my bag. He said it was beautiful and wanted to know what he should say to her. I told him that I spoke for him, to him and about him for the entire last 2 months (he fell on Thanksgiving as he was carrying a pie to her house and fractured his C1 vertebrae and has some obstruction in his throat still.) So, he smiled and then I said speak from your heart.

My parents were there today and she was there. But, she will be back soon and I will be able to give it to him to give to her.

Here are some pics. I have on my plat BGD DBTY that is a .35 with her necklace.

img_14652.jpg

img_14653.jpg

img_14654.jpg

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How wonderful!! She will be thrilled.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful story and necklace! I'm sure she'll love it!

luckykit

Rough_Rock
what a lovely thing you did for both of them! and the necklace is beautiful. i can't wait to hear how it goes!

Gem Queen

Brilliant_Rock
You are so sweet to do that. It will be the most beautiful and selfless thing. Let us know how it made you feel and her expression.
Can't wait to hear.

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
eagerly waiting for an update like everyone else. This is like a more blingy version of a Nicholas Sparks novel ;-)

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
FINALLY!!! Now I know why they were such good friends...they were both people w a few words. She did cry and he did smile! It was a very sweet and touching moment. She did say, "after almost 50 years, you finally gave me a diamond."

Then, she stuck it in her back pocket. I wanted a few minutes and suggested that it would be safer on her neck esp since she is a NYC commuter. I put it on her and she did look in the Mirror in shock. I talked for him and she understood how special she is to him and that they are the sparkle in each other's eyes. I think I then blew her away when I gave her the paperwork.

This happened yesterday and she called my husband to yell at him today and said that we should not have spent so much. My DH explained that she was worth it and that was what he wanted.

Happy that I was able to make this happen. YES, it was a Nicholas Sparks moment. I have a pic, too!

img_14752.jpg

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope it brings her many happy moments to come. Its gorgeous! She must have been a little shocked to put it in her pocket and she is one patient woman! :saint:

It's so nice you were able to facilitate it.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Staceyjan,

Thank you for returning with the lovely photo and the description of what happened. What a beautiful couple; inside and out. :))

My goodness, this is so sweet. I'm sure this special lady must have been caught completely off guard. It would have been the last thing she expected.

The fact that she cried and your Uncle smiled says it all; no need for words. :love:

Is that diamond really a .35? It has such presence. So beautiful. And I love the length and visual weight of the chain you choose; its perfect. This was so incredibly thoughtful of you to initiate this gift from your Uncle to this very special lady. No doubt she will treasure it always.

And bless your husband for his comment that this lady is worth it! You all sound like such considerate, loving people.

:))

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the update. The yelling at your DH wasn't something I saw coming, but it sounds like she was touched in her own way and that's what matters.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Staceyjan, I thought this was going to be a very different story. I am glad it was something different.

How fabulous of you to work this out for them; it sounds like she was very moved by the gesture and your uncle was happy to give her a diamond. I think the pendant looks great on her. I hope she enjoys it and treasures it.

Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww such a lovely story. Glad he finally was able to give her a diamond she can cherish always as a symbol of their love and affection.

luckykit

Rough_Rock
so glad it worked out so beautifully. i think you just gave BOTH of them a priceless gift. you are awesome for doing that! :appl:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is just the sweetest thing! I love her comment about a diamond after 50 years...

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you everyone for reading and replying! I really feel that I am at peace now.

Her diamond is .71. My DBTY that was pictured w it is .35. After trying on that one, I really like that size. My DBTY moves towards my back all the time and it does get annoying.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Staceyjan|1485812559|4121952 said:
Thank you everyone for reading and replying! I really feel that I am at peace now.

Her diamond is .71. My DBTY that was pictured w it is .35. After trying on that one, I really like that size. My DBTY moves towards my back all the time and it does get annoying.

Staceyjan, thank you for coming back with how it turned out and the photo too! It really made me smile and we need all the good news we can get especially these days. (((Hugs))) to you and your family.

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
missy|1485813160|4121956 said:
Staceyjan|1485812559|4121952 said:

Staceyjan, thank you for coming back with how it turned out and the photo too! It really made me smile and we need all the good news we can get especially these days. (((Hugs))) to you and your family.
Awe, thank you! I debated about the photo and know they both would kill me if they ever knew if I posted their pic. lol.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results