shape
carat
color
clarity

Buy a plain band or keep the curved one?

Keep the curved band or buy a straight one?

• Keep the D. Vatche curved band

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Buy a plain straight band

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Buy a WF Scattered band

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I have a D. Vatche trellis solitaire and the matching curved band. I LOVE the look of the curved band with it however I feel like I'm constantly lining the two up, getting finger prints on my rings which annoys me :rolleyes: . They are sized correctly, not too big or too small, but they naturally move apart and twist a bit. I'm toying with the idea of buying a 2.5mm or a 3mm plain straight band but DH thinks it's a total waste of money to own both. I'd like to get a diamond band at some point but I have no idea what I want and am not planning on buying one for a while.

Just to note, I don't want to solder.

So, as unbiased opinions- keep the curved band or buy the straight one? A third option that DH might be on board with is buying a WF 3mm scattered band. But I'm currently losing weight and I don't want to worry about sizing it if my fingers goes down a size.

Thanks! :wavey:

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you got a straight band would you wear it instead of the curved one?

I'd probably say if you really like the look of the curved then go ahead and solder. They come apart very easily if you'd change your mind down the road. My original wedding set was soldered together and it didn't bother me at all. I would never have worn the band by itself b/c it was notched and since I was married I would never have worn just the e-ring. I'd then save up and get the diamond band once you feel you are at a place that you won't need to change the size.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
mrssalvo|1303244519|2900341 said:
If you got a straight band would you wear it instead of the curved one?

I'd probably say if you really like the look of the curved then go ahead and solder. They come apart very easily if you'd change your mind down the road. My original wedding set was soldered together and it didn't bother me at all. I would never have worn the band by itself b/c it was notched and since I was married I would never have worn just the e-ring. I'd then save up and get the diamond band once you feel you are at a place that you won't need to change the size.

Hi Mrs. Salvo! :wavey:

Ever since damaging my e-ring setting (which has since been fixed) I've been taking my e-ring off more than I did before. And I like wearing some type of ring on my wedding ring finger, so I don't really want to solder them. DH is all for solder them because it's the cheapest way to fix the problem :)) But when I go to the gym or clean the house, I take off my e-ring now.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
put a sizing ball in the middle/bottom of the curved band - I know it's the right size, but it'll keep oit from spinning.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
put a sizing ball in the middle/bottom of the curved band - I know it's the right size, but it'll keep it from spinning.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
motownmama|1303247365|2900392 said:
put a sizing ball in the middle/bottom of the curved band - I know it's the right size, but it'll keep it from spinning.

AAhhhh, I never thought of that! Thanks Motownmama! Is it comfortable though?

Ickeymouse

Rough_Rock
Got any pics? Curved band sounds cool. And better when you want to wear alone.

If you get the plain band, I think you will probably keep wanting to line them up too.

Sizing beads...Great idea! Can't feel em, once you get em over the knuckle, very comfy.

Best

Lula

Ideal_Rock
I voted keeping your beautiful curved band (adding sizing beads) and then save up for a diamond band, and buy that only after your weight stabilizes (especially if it's an eternity or a scattered band).

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Ickeymouse|1303254239|2900480 said:
Got any pics? Curved band sounds cool. And better when you want to wear alone.

If you get the plain band, I think you will probably keep wanting to line them up too.

Sizing beads...Great idea! Can't feel em, once you get em over the knuckle, very comfy.

Best

No pics Ickymouse and my camera kicked the bucket 2 days ago! Thanks for your reply :))

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Lula|1303255794|2900498 said:
I voted keeping your beautiful curved band (adding sizing beads) and then save up for a diamond band, and buy that only after your weight stabilizes (especially if it's an eternity or a scattered band).

Thanks Lula! DH has added a 4th option: "stop looking at your rings so much and you won't know it's twisted" :cheeky:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To be totally honest, I do not like curved bands and would prefer a straight band so it can be worn alone or with a ring and not be out of place.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Not a fan of curved bands. My rings always spin and I like to wear my band alone at times. From now on all my bands will be eternities because I hate having to constantly adjust a ring to point it in the right direction.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
What about soldering the curved band to the e-ring and getting a plain band to wear when you don't want the set? That's what my mom does, and she likes it.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to post an update...

After going back and forth multiple times, I decided to solder my curved band to my Vatche x-prong e-ring! In the end it made the most sense. I always wear my two rings together, I like them lined up, I love my curved/contoured band (which I know isn't popular here in PS, but I really do love that style) so decided to go for it! I'll be getting them back by the end of the week and am very excited!

While at the jewelers, I tried on a Vatche curved diamond band and looooved it! I've tried on straight bands with my e-ring and the way my xprong curves out, the gap ends up being wonky and it would definitely annoy me! So while a curved diamond band is way way off in the future, I'm glad I know exactly what I want. It won't be a Vatche curved diamond band though, as their prices were crazy high! I'll most likely go custom through Quest.

Lastly, I want to say how happy and impressed I am with Vatche quality and Quest Jewelers customer service (even though I didn't buy my Vatche's from there). I'm still 100000% happy with my Vatche set, and Pete and Huan have been great.

I'f anyone wants pictures of the rings soldered together, just let me know and when I get them back, I can take a few pictures.

Thanks again for everyone who posted when I originally asked!

Feb03Bride

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds great, Feb! So glad you're still loving your new set! :)

lapelirroja

Shiny_Rock
Would love to see pics when it comes back, as I'm thinking the front runner for my set will be the Vatche Swan and a matching curved band w/ diamonds. If only BF would say... "okay, let's buy your diamond now".... ugh soon! Until then, I will live vicariously through you!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
well, I think you made the right choice :bigsmile: I'd love to see pictures once it's all done! I worked with Quest years ago and they truly are wonderful.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results