shape
carat
color
clarity

Angled shank on band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Choose Ring Soon

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone,
Just saw the wax mold of my wedding band. I have no engagement ring; this will be the only ring I will wear. I chose a semi-eternity type band based on a dimend scaasi design that some kind soul on PS found for me a while back (DecoDiva?). Apologies, but I can''t seem to be able to attach the pic to this post. Princess cut stones (no solitaire) in a channel setting and pave diamonds on the 2 sides. I really like the idea of seeing the side stones well by just extending my hand and am wondering if I should have the shank sides angled (is this the right terminology?). Jeweler thinks this would make the ring more vulnerable to damage as well as detract from the princess stones. Opinions? Right now, the shank is vertical. If I do an angle, I want it to be subtle. What degree?
Thank you in advance for your helpful insight.
CRS.

Choose Ring Soon

Rough_Rock
Here is a picture of a wedding band with what I call an "angled" shank. Found this pic in the PS gallery - congratulations to the owner of this showpiece!! - apologies for not noting whose it is. I was thinking of a more "discreet" (for lack of a better word) angle, but not a rounded edge. Does this make sense? Still trying to post that inspiration pic.

weddingband_angledshank.JPG

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
here''s a beaudry...i love the angled look..

30B13.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
here''s a bigger pic with all white diamonds

33B18.jpg

skphotoimages

Shiny_Rock
Wow, it sure sounds pretty. When I read your first post I pictured something a little different though(more like the last picture from the poster above me...very pretty). I think it would look nice with more of an angle.. I mean I think it would look great if the sides sloped off faster than the picture you showed. It might take away from the princess' otherwise. I found a few photos online. the first has a less steep angle, and is like the picture you had

pp1forweb.jpg

Choose Ring Soon

Rough_Rock
Thank you both for the pics! Yes, I guess I''m looking for a steep angle, then. I don''t want the side pave to detract from the princess diamonds. As for the ring''s durability, do you think having the sides slightly angled would make it more vulnerable to damage?

Didn''t think I would forget my geometry, but I had to look up angles to get an idea of the degree I''m looking for! An acute angle, around 88%. Found pic on this site:
http://www.mathleague.com/help/geometry/angles.htm#degreesmeasuringangles

I''d better bring a picture to the jewelrer.

I''ve managed to attach a picture of my inspiration ring.

asschbanddimend_1305.jpg

skphotoimages

Shiny_Rock
You are very welcome! I like the angle shaft better, and I can''t see how a small angle would make the ring more vunerable. It is going to be so beautiful!! Post photos when you get it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results