shape
carat
color
clarity

SOLD GIA Ex/Ex 1.01 square cushion H/VS2 14K solitaire

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm going to put this out there to see if there's any interest. If there is, I will take more pics (after giving it a proper bath) and post on DB. If not, there's a bangle project waiting for it. :naughty:

I've tried looking for comps, but there aren't many (OK, any) GIA excellent symmetery, excellent polish cushions I'm finding with the ratio of this stone . It's a gorgeous stone, originally bought from ERD where Mark has a great eye. Similar stones are in the $4500 range, but they are not ex/ex, from what I am seeing. Finding a beautiful cushion is like finding a needle in a haystack, and I guarantee you the stone is beautiful. Lively under the table and no dark/dead spots. It's in a simple 14K WG setting.

There are three tiny bits of pepper under the table, visible with a loupe but completely eye clean. I have the actual GIA certificate somewhere (this was originally a ring I bought for my mom, so it might be with her), but I have a complete appraisal from Jennifer Thornton Davis with a copy of the GIA report in it and photos of the ring. The one attached is a jpeg that I was sent when I first got the ring. It's hard to see, but the girdle thickness is thick to very thick.

$4400, free overnight shipping.

IMG_0884.JPG

Cert for Mom's Stone.jpg

D

Deactivated member 42515

GIA Ex/Ex 1.01 square cushion H/VS2 14K solitaire

There's a chance that I might have someone that is interested. My friend's bf is looking for a cushion to propose. You wouldn't happen to have any asets or diamxrays? Or the link to the original diamond at ERD?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: GIA Ex/Ex 1.01 square cushion H/VS2 14K solitaire

YayTacori|1333745108|3165228 said:
There's a chance that I might have someone that is interested. My friend's bf is looking for a cushion to propose. You wouldn't happen to have any asets or diamxrays? Or the link to the original diamond at ERD?

No, sadly I don't. This diamond was purchased in 2006. I went on Mark's word and a couple of really awful pictures he sent over. :lol: Not sure if he's into the tech stuff now, but he sure wasn't back then. I can take more pics over the weekend (and video that I can post once I get it up on DB) but I won't have any of the other things. I do have some of Mark's communication from 6 years ago, but basically he sent me the GIA cert, told me it was beautiful, sent it over and I bought with my eyes.

D

Deactivated member 42515

Awesome. More pics would be great :)

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

YayTacori|1333747285|3165254 said:
Awesome. More pics would be great :)

For grins, I found the one pic that Mark sent over. THIS is what I bought the stone on (OK, I bought the stone on his word, but you get the idea.) This has to be the worst pic ever that a PSer actually bought a stone on. Things were very different around here in 2006!!

I'll take more pics, because obviously THIS pic does not do the stone justice. Almost doesn't look like the same stone eh? I remember getting it and thinking...uh..... :lol:

marks pic.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

It looks beautiful (well... maybe not that LAST photo ;)) ). So i guess this is the decision, eh? I hope it sells quickly for you . Some lucky person will enjoy a GORGEOUS stone!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Enerchi|1333747865|3165262 said:
It looks beautiful (well... maybe not that LAST photo ;)) ). So i guess this is the decision, eh? I hope it sells quickly for you . Some lucky person will enjoy a GORGEOUS stone!

I'm just putting it out there. I wouldn't mind keeping it either. I'm waiting for a WF quote on the bangle. However if someone does want it, I feel quite confident it would make them happy and of course I can put the funds to other things.

I'm cleaning it now and will see if I can get pics shortly. I have to post something to make up for the last pic. :cheeky:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

hahaha!! we will forgive you that photo --- but feel free to post more! You know we love our bling shots!!

That would make an interesting bangle - did you post a link to it on the other thread??? I must have missed it. I'll go cruise but if you post it again - that would be lovely to have here, too! :bigsmile:

ETA: Is this it? Very NICE!!! :appl:
http://www.whiteflash.com/diamond-bracelets/diamond-solitaire-bangle-709.htm

D

Deactivated member 42515

Oooh, haha that last photo was a doozy... But I am looking forward to some more photos!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Enerchi, yes that is the bangle.

OK, just took these. Tried to get them in different outdoor lighting conditions (so you can get idea of the table size), plus handshots so you can see the light return a bit.

Enjoy! I'm happy to answer any questions.

IMG_0932a.jpg

IMG_0913a.jpg

IMG_0914a.jpg

IMG_0920a.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

4 more....

IMG_0925a.jpg

IMG_0929a.jpg

IMG_0934a.jpg

IMG_0935a.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

Yummy! that should be snapped up quickly. Are you listed already on diamondbistro? put your link here!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Enerchi|1333750249|3165303 said:
Yummy! that should be snapped up quickly. Are you listed already on diamondbistro? put your link here!

Thanks! I'll try to get it up there later today...off to enjoy the sunshine!

btw, I tried to post the pics where you can see the "pepper". They can't be seen with the naked eye, but I would want the buyer to be aware of them. They are on the GIA cert too, obviously.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Boo, I realized I didn't take any direct profile shots...will try to get those this weekend. The crown is quite lovely.

D

Deactivated member 42515

So just talked to the proposer and he wants a g and higher and vvs2 and higher cushion. Your stone looks amazing tho!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

YayTacori|1333750521|3165307 said:
So just talked to the proposer and he wants a g and higher and vvs2 and higher cushion. Your stone looks amazing tho!

No problem! If it's for an e-ring, I know how it goes. I was so anal, I only wanted ex/ex. ::)

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, that is a beauty of a cushion! Someone will get a great ring!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That will be like finding a needle in a haystack!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HI:

Not too late to do a bypass ring! :lol: ;))

D

Deactivated member 42515

Laila619|1333751424|3165322 said:

You're telling me... My friend isn't very diamond friendly and so she went to a b&m and tried on a bunch of their duds with one exception that ended up being a g vvs1 and now she thinks the only reason why that one diamond was bright and lively was because of the color and clarity even tho I told her it all has to do with cut. So now all he is searching for is g-vvs2 higher...

He found one that was g vvs1 but it looked terrible to my eye but to him he did what was told and found the right clarity and color. This is why I wanted to show him this diamond because it is better than allllll other ones he has been looking at. But I know in the end it's his ring and his proposal... I just don't want him to get ripped off!

I wish he would at least take a look at this diamond! He's being so stubborn! :angryfire:

farmer gal

Brilliant_Rock

What a gorgeous cushion :love:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

YayTacori|1333756712|3165384 said:
Laila619|1333751424|3165322 said:

You're telling me... My friend isn't very diamond friendly and so she went to a b&m and tried on a bunch of their duds with one exception that ended up being a g vvs1 and now she thinks the only reason why that one diamond was bright and lively was because of the color and clarity even tho I told her it all has to do with cut. So now all he is searching for is g-vvs2 higher...

He found one that was g vvs1 but it looked terrible to my eye but to him he did what was told and found the right clarity and color. This is why I wanted to show him this diamond because it is better than allllll other ones he has been looking at. But I know in the end it's his ring and his proposal... I just don't want him to get ripped off!

I wish he would at least take a look at this diamond! He's being so stubborn! :angryfire:

I can take pics of this one next to my F if it helps him (not necessarily buying this one, but to prove a point that *most* people can't tell). My cushion and this one are extremely similar, but two color grades different...and honestly, I can't tell the difference.

Mine is a SI1 and also eye clean, although I can find it if I look hard in certain lighting. I haven't been able to find the VS2 inclusions with the naked eye yet. I can only imagine what a vvs1 is like.

But with e-rings, it really is a MIND CLEAN thing for most people...which I completely understand. With subsequent rings/diamonds, it doesn't seems as big a deal.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

And a closer pic of the stats.

gia cert.jpg

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock

The numbers on this cushion are cherry, and completely supported by the photos you posted which show its top cut.

I have never seen a cushion with an open culet!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Dreamer_D|1333822474|3165749 said:
The numbers on this cushion are cherry, and completely supported by the photos you posted which show its top cut.

I have never seen a cushion with an open culet!

Hi Dreamer, thanks!

Both my cushions (ering and mom's) have the culet. Can't see it normally with the naked eye though, but if you look it's not hard to find in certain lighting conditions.

Yes, I really think I am lucky that I found two cushions with such great cuts/optics. I honestly don't know what a bad cushion looks like, but I did watch GOG's cushion video last night and based on it, I'm happy I've never seen a bad one in person! ::)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

what a stunning stone! :love:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Thanks Skippy. I have to figure out how to change the DB listing, but I will accept returns on the stone if it is not as described per a reputable PS appraiser, (the stone is 6 years old, so I would almost prefer to do it that way). Might be easier for buyer/seller to ship it to an appraiser and go from there.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm going to try to get a hold of SO's buddy that's in the process of diamond and ring searching right now. This is so beautiful!

I was just on the phone with SO, telling him to hurry up and call that buddy of his, and described this to him.. and he told me, "why don't you just buy it for yourself then?" and gave me permission for about 10 seconds to use our joint account to purchase. I just had to open my mouth and say, "are you SURE?!" Rats! He took his words back :knockout:

Can you post that photo of this one next to yours? So I can show him how minute the color differences are? Regardless of if this ring interests him, I think that comparison photo would be a great strategy for anyone lurking that might be on the fence about an H.

What size ring is it?

ETA: ooh added plus, he's really close to you as well!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Madelise, I will take some pics on Monday with my e-ring stone. It'll be good for educational purposes anyway.
:))
The ring is a 5.5. I think it would work fine as a temp setting, but I wouldn't recommend anyone actually use it to present as the final setting - just because it is used! :rodent:

If he's local, I'm happy to meet at an appraiser so he doesn't have to buy until he has someone take a look. However, I should say that I did get an email back from Mark who is out of town until next Monday and I'd want to see if he is interested in buying it back first as it's probably the least amount of risk to me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results