shape
carat
color
clarity

EC 2.0 ct. DBL platinum Ring

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So life comes at you fast... And sometimes change is necessary... My husband is broken hearted I'm sending this to Grace next week. Trying not to change my mind...but a new house and a 16 year old that needs a safe car in January have me feeling guilty when I only wear this only one or two days ... A week..

GIA#51511211269
8.13 x 6.63 x 4.28 (ratio 1.226)
2.03 ct; K color; IF clarity
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Very Good
Fluorescence: Faint
Table: 67% (within premium cut range)
Depth: 64.5% (within premium cut range)
Girdle: Medium

Side stones: .62 tctw: K color

Total tctw: 2.65

_21319.jpg

_21320.jpg

_21321.jpg

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is a gorgeous ring MayK, it will sell quickly no doubt! Totally understand life & changes, our only is headed off to freshman year/college next week, fall tuition just paid--ouch! Your rose gold bracelet is on my wrist 24/7, it is adored! Best of luck! :wavey:

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of my favorite PS rings, MayK. What's the price range are you looking to sell?

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
baby monster|1407948030|3731561 said:
One of my favorite PS rings, MayK. What's the price range are you looking to sell?

Hi Baby Monster,

I don't know actually that's why I'm sending it to Grace. It's more money than I want to deal with on paypal and she does a much better job at value. I know what the retail was but I know it will be less. I just wanted to give a heads up if people were interested to reach out to Grace after next week. When I know I will update the thread.

Sarahb
You are so sweet. I'm so glad you love it!!! I get the kids in college thing. Two...one a senior out of state and a freshman in state. We feel your pain and the freshmen is about to Rush.

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
hi mayk, do you have a loupetroop listing active so i can contact you?

Andelain

Ideal_Rock

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a wonderful mother you are.. I admire you very much Mayk, I love EC's.. I've admired your ring.. but I do understand your love of your child and wanting your child to drive a safe vehicle. peace to you. hugs to you.

Mayk|1407936640|3731464 said:
So life comes at you fast... And sometimes change is necessary... My husband is broken hearted I'm sending this to Grace next week. Trying not to change my mind...but a new house and a 16 year old that needs a safe car in January have me feeling guilty when I only wear this only one or two days ... A week..

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tekate|1407974132|3731872 said:
What a wonderful mother you are.. I admire you very much Mayk, I love EC's.. I've admired your ring.. but I do understand your love of your child and wanting your child to drive a safe vehicle. peace to you. hugs to you.
[/quote]

Tekate.... thank you! That's is the sweetest thing anyone said to me all day! {{{hugs}}}

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Oh Mayk I'm sad you are parting with this beauty but totally understand the need to put your kids first. You are such an amazing mother!

Anyhow I'm totally interested in the ring, though not for me. My younger brother is planning to get engaged soon so I'm on the lookout for him. I'll let Grace know I have interest.

Dust for quick sale regardless!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SB621|1408022125|3732219 said:
Oh Mayk I'm sad you are parting with this beauty but totally understand the need to put your kids first. You are such an amazing mother!

Anyhow I'm totally interested in the ring, though not for me. My younger brother is planning to get engaged soon so I'm on the lookout for him. I'll let Grace know I have interest.

Dust for quick sale regardless!

Thanks SB. Hugs from be great mom to another! {{{hugs}}}

Mikla

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Oh Mayk! I can't believe you are giving this one up! It's one of my all time favorite EC rings. I understand why you feel you must do it totally; I'm putting up some of my things on JbG for similar reasons. I hope it stays in the PS family. Best of luck with your sale!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, look what happens when I am on vacation followed by getting a child off to college back-to-back!!! :o

I hope to eventually get an EC but definitely not now. I was just looking for your thread to see size perspective of the center stone because we wear almost the same size (other than you have much longer, more elegant fingers!). That's how I found this thread!

I hate to see you sell this, but it is a beautiful ring and should make someone very happy!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1409240399|3740772 said:
Wow, look what happens when I am on vacation followed by getting a child off to college back-to-back!!! :o

I hope to eventually get an EC but definitely not now. I was just looking for your thread to see size perspective of the center stone because we wear almost the same size (other than you have much longer, more elegant fingers!). That's how I found this thread!

I hate to see you sell this, but it is a beautiful ring and should make someone very happy!

:wavey: DS I know you know what it's like... Two summer tuitions w/room and board we were not planning for... Then everything about a new house costs way more then you plan (that loud sucking noise is my savings account :-o .. But the house looks good :bigsmile: ). And then DD turning 16 and needing a car, when I started looking at the prices I realized I was wearing a nice safe car on my right hand... So off to Grace along with my DS Acquired Memoire, my 1 ct diamond Bangle and this lovely EC treasure. (DH didn't want me to sell it and I held it the longest but in the end I knew it was right). The Memoire and Bangle sold before they made it out of the sneak peek... Not surprised both lovey pieces!

Hope your DD is settling in at school! I would love nothing more than to see you sporting my EC. :love: {{hugs}}

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mayk|1409254754|3740907 said:
diamondseeker2006|1409240399|3740772 said:

:wavey: DS I know you know what it's like... Two summer tuitions w/room and board we were not planning for... Then everything about a new house costs way more then you plan (that loud sucking noise is my savings account :-o .. But the house looks good :bigsmile: ). And then DD turning 16 and needing a car, when I started looking at the prices I realized I was wearing a nice safe car on my right hand... So off to Grace along with my DS Acquired Memoire, my 1 ct diamond Bangle and this lovely EC treasure. (DH didn't want me to sell it and I held it the longest but in the end I knew it was right). The Memoire and Bangle sold before they made it out of the sneak peek... Not surprised both lovey pieces!

Hope your DD is settling in at school! I would love nothing more than to see you sporting my EC. :love: {{hugs}}

I totally understand 150%!!! We had camp, a mission trip to Africa, and then freshman year college tuition plus clothes and books (all for youngest daughter) in the last two months! So that is why I am not able to buy anything expensive for a good while! We did the new house 4 years ago and it took me awhile to recover from the purchases related to that! (She is doing great and loves school, thanks!)

I will give you one bit of unsolicited advice. We went and found a good, used, OLD (9-10 years) Toyota Corolla for our daughter. It had about 100k miles, so it will be good for at least 100k more! The best thing is that you don't have to have collision insurance on a car of that value! They are good, reliable, and safe cars. A paint job for a couple hundred bucks made it look like new! I honestly wouldn't put a 16 year old in a nice newer car. Don't let peer pressure steer you in that direction (my thinking, for what it's worth)! {{{hugs back!!!}}}

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We did exactly what you did with my Stepdaughter, she's driving a Corolla... With DD we are looking to kill two birds with one stone. We were thinking of finding a clean 4-Runner (2003-2008) so we would have an SUV at the house for yard stuff. I'm a big fan of Toyotas having owned a number of them and they do run forever!

As for the house, everyday my list of wants/needs grows and we've only been in 10 days! :bigsmile:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mayk, I am sorry you have to sell your lovely pieces, but I am so with you. We just had to buy 2 cars and now our 18 year old is driving our honda civic. I hope it sells quickly and you can get all the things done you need too. I'm sure there will be days ahead that you will be able to replace your lovelies. That ring is such a gorgeous piece!

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
See that's why I would've made a lousy mom.
I'd keep that ring and tell the kid to get a ride with friends. :lol:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
texaskj|1409361307|3741780 said:
See that's why I would've made a lousy mom.
I'd keep that ring and tell the kid to get a ride with friends. :lol:

LOL that wouldn't make you a lousy mom.... You would just be better at tough love than I am.. :bigsmile:

She's not thrilled I shipped it off, the little rascal is always asking when I kick the bucket if she gets my jewelry. :devil:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results