shape
carat
color
clarity

DBL Emerald Cut....Beauty....

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A birthday trip with my DH to Palm Beach trying on beautiful jewels started this journey. Many adventures were made along the way. Trips to B&Ms to try on rings and torturing my DH on a daily basis. Many evenings studying diamonds on websites and reviewing dimensions searching for just the right balance. After talking to five vendors I finally decided to work with Diamonds by Lauren who I had never worked with but the website continued to lure me in, and the 1.59 K on the website was distracting. In the end I was not disappointed.

I would like to say working with David was very easy for me. So glad he has a sense of humor.. As for my final decisions... I struggled with size of the diamond because of the length of my fingers. I struggled with side stone size in proportion to the center. I struggled with having the side stones straight or pointed and finally every detail of the setting I agonized over. I know, I've made setting mistakes (my first ering and my 5 stone) and I didn't want to screw this up. I'm benching myself from jewelry purchases following this ring, I knew I had to get this right.

The final outcome took my breath away. IRL it is AMAZING :love: :love: :love: Many here will not care for the color...but for me it works. In the end I went warmer than suggested by the majority of PSers with the GIA K, side diamonds a little wider in proportion than the baguettes in my inspiration ring and also K in color, pointed ends on the side diamonds and finally prongs (Enerchi prongs) not balls on the platinum setting. I changed my mind on the setting at least three times in writing (sorry David). :rolleyes:

David was patient and worked around my hectic schedule calling on Sunday afternoons or late in the day and sometimes after dinner or on his drive into work to discuss my questions or concerns. When the first diamond wasn't right for me he very quickly found a diamond with the dimensions I felt worked for me. (I had requested 8.00mm in length minimum 8.30mm maximum, 1.20-1.30 ratio, and depth and table within the ranges on the PS resource page, I wanted a J or K and fluorescence was a bonus if it could be found) and finally the chunkiness of the 1.59... Could it be similar?

After all my decisions were final which took me a few weeks...the ring was completed on time + 1 day :) which was three weeks from my final blessing of choices/decisions. Those were the longest three weeks wondering if I had made the right choices.

P.S. David was kind enough to do a very fair trade in for my Tranny. I didn't have to take the risk of selling it myself or waiting for it to sell on consignment. I will just say this was a huge relief for me and while so many PSers have been successful at selling their diamonds I found I wasn't cut out for it, time wise or dealing with potential scammers. There were also a couple lovely PSers that inquired when I listed it, I'm not referring to you ladies as the scammers :nono: . So, if David's wife will give it up, at some point, you will likely see it on the DBL site. :naughty:

I will stop babbling now.... And share my results and the beautiful pictures. It's late in the afternoon. I'll try to shoot some more in the morning as I get my best shots in the morning sun.

GIA#51511211269
8.13 x 6.63 x 4.28 (ratio 1.226)
2.03 ct; K color; IF clarity
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Very Good
Fluorescence: Faint
Table: 67% (within premium cut range)
Depth: 64.5% (within premium cut range)
Girdle: Medium

Side stones: .62 tctw: K color

Total tctw: 2.65

_4498.jpg

img_3179.jpg

img_3170.jpg

img_3182.jpg

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
more fun in the Florida sun..

img_3147.jpg

img_3145.jpg

img_3163.jpg

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
last few...

Thanks for looking... :wavey:

img_3184.jpg

img_3186.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very elegant and beautiful - so glad you are delighted with your new ring!!

D

Deactivated member 42515

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :love: :love: :love: :love: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout:

Your diamond is now dirty from all the licking I have done. You may wanna wash your hands.. I got some saliva on those pretty hands of your's too!

MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS!!!!! SOMEBODY FAN ME!!! I am having HOT FLASHES!!! :angryfire: :oops: WHOA MOMMMMMMA! Is there anything that isn't perfect about this ring!!! NOPE! I love the K color! I love the ratio! The proportions, the carat weight. WOW. And those flashes of fire! I CAN'T wait to see this baby in Vegas!!!!

More pics! I feel all hot and sweaty! I have a burning sensation for more pics! :appl: :appl:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YT|1363467583|3406547 said:
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :love: :love: :love: :love: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout:

Your diamond is now dirty from all the licking I have done. You may wanna wash your hands.. I got some saliva on those pretty hands of your's too!

MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS!!!!! SOMEBODY FAN ME!!! I am having HOT FLASHES!!! :angryfire: :oops: WHOA MOMMMMMMA! Is there anything that isn't perfect about this ring!!! NOPE! I love the K color! I love the ratio! The proportions, the carat weight. WOW. And those flashes of fire! I CAN'T wait to see this baby in Vegas!!!!

More pics! I feel all hot and sweaty! I have a burning sensation for more pics! :appl: :appl:

I have a feeling my face is gonna hurt from laughing if I'm with you and Enerchi too many hours!!! :bigsmile:

Thank you.thank you...thank you..off the get the hand sanitizer!

You're next baby! Get that camera warmed up!

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
Perfect in every way :appl: Congratulations on your forever ring!!

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Oh ~ Oh ~ OHHHH MG !!!!!!!

It looks absolutely tailor-made one hundred percent PERFECT for you !!!!!

The Fire Shot is amazing........ Talk about BLINGTASTIC !!!!!

Enjoy your Beautiful Ring !!!! :love: :love: :love: :appl: :appl: :appl:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its really beautiful! Congratulations!!! Well done!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
oooh wow it's gorgeous!!! Never would have guessed it is a K. Those proportions are absolutely perfect and it looks great on your hand!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the proportions of all of your diamonds together and the color is so pretty in those outdoor shots! Did you mention your finger size again? Do you notice the color at all in other settings?

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I said it once and I'll say it again the ring is pure elegance! :appl:

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
First of all I must say, your journey and photos taught me so much about EC's - and of course a new appreciation! :tongue:

But most importantly, I LOVE your new beauty! :love:

So happy for you! :appl:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
That looks quite amazing! Are you going to wear it with a band? (forgive me if I missed that)

SMC

Ideal_Rock
I am so jealous of your loooong fingers! You could almost be a hand model. What size is your ring? I commented before on a previous thread of yours where you posted the pictures from DBL - but wanted to say again, your ring is AWESOME.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MayK, your ring is TDF gorgeous!!! :love: David did a great job and I am so thrilled for you! The ring of your dreams!!! And I love it on your hand...so elegant and classic!! Wear in health and happiness always!

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful Mayk! I'm so happy that you have a ring that you enjoy! It looks great on you and I'm glad you finally have it!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you!!! Everyone....thank you so much!

I notice warmth in certain lighting but mostly just bright and sparkly...

It is a size 6.25

Ame it's a RHR I just had it on my left for pictures. I did tell my husband I could get used to it in my left... With a lovely baguette band ;)) :nono: benched...I'm benched! Retired from buying. Sorry I must remind myself!

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Heaven. It's heaven. The colour is fabulous! The bullets match the emerald cut so well. Just flashes and flashes of brilliance. Beautiful!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is gorgeous. I am a fan of EC.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I just love it. And the profile shot is gorgeous. I love the way the shank curves at the head. Yummy!!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its to die for! :love:

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Beautiful and looks perfect on your hand! Cheers to this pretty :))

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
It looks fabulous and classic.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful!!! :love: An emerald cut with side baguettes is one of my favorites...timeless, classic, elegant! It will never go out of style. Now both of your hands will have gorgeous rings! :appl: I am so glad this ended up being exactly what you were hoping for!!!

(I like your tagline, by the way!)

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring!!

And how awesome that you were able to trade in your tranny too! :appl:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhhhh, gorgeous, Mayk! DBL did an amazing job!! That emerald cut is so stunning.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
I'm so happy for you! Your ring is absolutely gorgeous, classic, impeccable :love: :love: :love: The diamond is really beautiful! Looks wonderful on you. Congratulations :appl:

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
Mayk it's beautiful!!! You have exquisite taste in jewelry!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results