shape
carat
color
clarity

1.75ct OEC solitaire ring, size 4.75

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi guys,

Listing my OEC for sale. I took a risk on another ebay ring which I ended up really liking, it's a little smaller but will keep me happy for now. I'll still be looking for my ultimate old stone (which I have a feeling will be cushiony and very fat-faceted), but I can let this one go happily right now.

This stone is 1.75cts, approximately K-L color, VS clarity, 7.5-7.6mm in diameter, no fluorescence. I don't have a cert for it yet, and if it doesn't sell in the next couple weeks, I plan to send it to GIA. When it comes back, I'll add the cert fee to the asking price, and if it doesn't sell by then, I may go the consignment route.

Asking $7350. I believe this is competitive with OWD and JbEG pricing. I could also sell the stone without the setting for $100 less.

Here's my PS thread on this stone and ring -- the whole saga of how I found it, had it polished, set, etc.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-looking-for-a-7mm-oec.186155/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-looking-for-a-7mm-oec.186155/[/URL]

LT listing:

http://loupetroop.com/listings/rings-natural-diamond-center/1-dot-75ct-old-european-cut-diamond-ring

I may also list on Etsy for a higher, non-PS price :rodent:

img_8384_-_copy_-_copy.jpg

img_8246-2.jpg

img_7905-2.jpg

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Couple more pics. I'll try to get some good vids soon too.

img_9918.jpg

img_9897.jpg

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks Bastet! :wavey:

Plummie, thanks! The new OEC is around 1.4cts, also uncerted. Color around J-K, clarity is Si1-2. Bunch of chips on the girdle that I still need to polish out (hoping that will go without any complications). It's set in a vintage setting I really like, and came together with the original owner's wedding band, which is endearing to me. Even though I'm not a white metal fan, I've been enjoying the 18K white gold so far. I need to take a good pic of the whole set. I may start a thread for it, but only after all the chips are polished out.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks Almond ::)

Plummie -- I've sent off my new set to get rehabbed (stone polished and certed, the prongs on the setting maybe fixed up a bit so they can last a good long while). I'm excited to make a thread about it when it comes back to me!

IE_Princess -- what can I say -- :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: Feel free to message me with any questions, I'm glad to answer even if there is no sale. I love talking about diamonds :bigsmile:

IE_Princess

Shiny_Rock
GemFever|1367331022|3437293 said:
IE_Princess -- what can I say -- :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: Feel free to message me with any questions, I'm glad to answer even if there is no sale. I love talking about diamonds :bigsmile:

I feel rather inept at the moment; I can't figure out how to message (and it isn't that I'm unfamiliar with message boards). Do I need to have more posts before I can message?

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
IE_Princess|1367332207|3437313 said:
GemFever|1367331022|3437293 said:

I feel rather inept at the moment; I can't figure out how to message (and it isn't that I'm unfamiliar with message boards). Do I need to have more posts before I can message?

There is no private message system on PS, but if you click on the Loupe Troop listing I linked in my first post, there is a "message seller" button there.

IE_Princess

Shiny_Rock
GemFever|1367332539|3437317 said:
There is no private message system on PS, but if you click on the Loupe Troop listing I linked in my first post, there is a "message seller" button there.

That explains it! I was feeling rather dense ...

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Sending this off on its journey to GIA tomorrow. Unless someone messages me tonight saying "this ring is absolutely perfect as it is and my size to boot, I wanna buy it ASAP" ( :naughty: ) next time I post about it (in a few weeks), it'll be the stone itself, but with a GIA report. If the GIA color comes in lower than K-L, I'll prolly drop the price. Stay tuned! :twirl:

Cheers!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
AnnaH|1368043219|3442968 said:
Looks really huge.

Going from 1ct to 1.75ct, my first impression upon getting the finished ring in the mail was "DANG that is BIG!" But when it was on my finger, I thought it looked perfectly normal and not that huge at all :cheeky: It's a nice size :rodent:

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
GIA has declared this stone to be a 1.75ct L VVS2 :)) When it comes back to me from GIA with the paperwork, I'll start a new thread in Pre-Loved with all the dimensions, and new pics of the diamond without the setting.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh that sure is a beauty. Wish I had won the lotto the other evening because this would have been mine.. Gorgeous. Good luck with the sale :twirl:

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks Sandeek! I hope you do win the lottery some day, if you play. Enough to buy all the beautiful Pre-Loved diamonds on here :D

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The GIA report is in! :bigsmile:

GIA Report: 1152445739
Old European Brilliant

7.51 - 7.65 x 4.83 mm
Carat Weight: 1.75 carat
Color: L
Clarity: VVS2

Total Depth: 63.7%
Table Size: 47%
Girdle: Thin to Slightly Thick, Faceted
Culet: Large
Polish: Good
Symmetry: Good
Fluorescence: None

The stone is now being sold loose, I no longer have the setting. I'm asking $7500 (a little extra to help pay for the expedited GIA cert I got).

Here is the new Loupe Troop listing: http://loupetroop.com/listings/loose-stones-diamond/1-dot-75ct-l-vvs2-old-european-cut-diamond-gia-cert

Please note I will also list this stone on Etsy for a higher, non PS Pre-Loved price. If you are a PSer, obviously the Etsy price does not apply. ;))

img_0362-2.jpg

img_933.jpg

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have said it before but I will say it here too: This diamond is amazing and if someone wants a classic OEC with great symmetry and proportions, this is the one!

I think you are crazy to sell it :devil: But I certainly understand the search for "the one" and the unpredictable nature of love -- for people and diamonds.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
It is a real sparkler!

PS dust sending your way...

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Dreamer - I don't know which smiley to use to best show how much I appreciate you kind words... :wavey: Thank you! Seeing this stone loose, I do feel a little crazy to sell it. I think it needs to go into a white metal setting next time. Something fabulous.

Greg -- Thank you! :)

Got some more or less decent shots this morning.

img_934.jpg

img_0581-3.jpg

img_935.jpg

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
GAH, you have no idea how much I love this stone! I just don't have the funds right now, otherwise I'd be all over this like white on rice! :naughty:

IE_Princess

Shiny_Rock
two_little_birds|1368712397|3448139 said:
GAH, you have no idea how much I love this stone! I just don't have the funds right now, otherwise I'd be all over this like white on rice! :naughty:

+1. DH said no though.

bibiloves

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful stone. I'm seriously in love :love: i wish i could buy this right now. Do you accept payment plan GemFever? I'm sorry but I'm secretly wishing that it doesn't sell any time soon :naughty: lol

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results