shape
carat
color
clarity

SOLD 1.01 J Si1 Old European Cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
Re: 1.01 J Si1 Old European Cut

I'd love a stone like this for my e-ring. I want a 7mm stone but I'm not sure it's in the budget. Although I've been forbidden from shopping for diamonds, perhaps I could show the hubby-to-be. :naughty:

Do you have any videos by chance? Are you firm on the price?

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Hi Lin_ny! I'll try to get a video tomorrow. Message me through Loupe Troop regarding price 8)

pandabee

Ideal_Rock

lin_ny|1358220395|3355753 said:
I'd love a stone like this for my e-ring. I want a 7mm stone but I'm not sure it's in the budget. Although I've been forbidden from shopping for diamonds, perhaps I could show the hubby-to-be. :naughty:

Do you have any videos by chance? Are you firm on the price?

:naughty: :naughty: :appl:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wah, if only I had the money! I love this ring - I think of my half-carat OEC in the six-prong YG solitaire as the baby version of this. :bigsmile: I am sure it will make somebody VERY happy! (And I'm sure a bigger OEC will make YOU very happy!)

justginger

Ideal_Rock

GemFever|1358214942|3355702 said:
Hi guys,

Testing the waters for possibly selling my ering OEC. To put it bluntly, the DSS got me. Currently set in a 6-prong 14K yellow gold setting size 4.75.

1.01, GIA-J Si1 OEC, asking $4300.

Here's its GOG page:

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/9557/

Listing on Loupe Troop:

http://loupetroop.com/listings/rings-natural-diamond-center/1-dot-01ct-j-si1-old-european-cut-diamond-ring

Cheers!

Welcome to the club. You'll be at 9mm+ in no time... :naughty:

Good luck with your sale, can't wait to see what is next for you!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Thanks pandabee, distracts, and justginger! I don't think I can swing a 9mm *just yet.* Maybe in another 6 months. :cheeky:

haha, I wish! For now, I'm hoping for something between 7-7.5mm. A big enough increase that I will be able to tell, but not so big that it would be shocking. I gotta pace myself though, have to patiently wait for this 1ct pretty to find a happy home before I make any moves.

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock

GemFever|1358221115|3355757 said:
Hi Lin_ny! I'll try to get a video tomorrow. Message me through Loupe Troop regarding price 8)
Don't worry about the video if you don't already have one. I don't wanna waste your time. Was just curious if you happened to have one already.

I showed my boyfriend the pictures last night. He didn't seem overly interested... at all. Darn it :angryfire:

I see you want a 7-7.5mm stone. Ahhh, that is like my dream size for sure!!! :appl:

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

lin_ny|1358274424|3356179 said:
Don't worry about the video if you don't already have one. I don't wanna waste your time. Was just curious if you happened to have one already.

I showed my boyfriend the pictures last night. He didn't seem overly interested... at all. Darn it :angryfire:

I see you want a 7-7.5mm stone. Ahhh, that is like my dream size for sure!!! :appl:

Lin, I should have some videos in any case, so thanks for asking and reminding me about them! I'll make a couple and put them on my google drive, so I can share them with people upon request. I'll have fun making them, and looking at them too :rodent: If you'd like to see them just out curiosity, feel free to message me and I'll send you the link. In fact, if anyone just wants to see them, I'd be glad to share. Diamond vids are fun! No need to be a potential buyer. Just good old PS curiosity is enough :read:

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock

GemFever|1358275452|3356200 said:
lin_ny|1358274424|3356179 said:

Lin, I should have some videos in any case, so thanks for asking and reminding me about them! I'll make a couple and put them on my google drive, so I can share them with people upon request. I'll have fun making them, and looking at them too :rodent: If you'd like to see them just out curiosity, feel free to message me and I'll send you the link. In fact, if anyone just wants to see them, I'd be glad to share. Diamond vids are fun! No need to be a potential buyer. Just good old PS curiosity is enough :read:
:appl:

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Videos are uploaded on my Google Drive, so if anyone wants to see (even just for fun) message me through Loupe Troop and I'll send you a link.

Also... I just got a message via my listing on ebay, someone told me:

"I like your ring and i agree to pay 4730$ .In a few hours i will be out town with business.I will only have access from my blackberry .You can contact me by email : ******at hotmail com . Have a great day"

$4730 is my BIN on ebay, with $4300 as the starting bidding price. Why would someone pay BIN when there are zero bids? I'm scared this might be a scammer, though the [potential] buyer's profile seems to have good feedback.

Just venting here a bit. It would be my first ever sale through ebay, and my first ever sale of something expensive. Scary. And a little potential seller's remorse if it doesn't go to a PSer.

Edited to remove the buyer's email. Sorry, that was an oversight, didn't mean to post it!

Mico

Brilliant_Rock

If it were BIN price, they would buy it.

Never contact outside of eBay, ever

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Mico, you are right. I made the mistake of contacting outside ebay, and the guy is suggesting we use an escrow company and then I ship the ring to France. Haha! Well, too bad I don't have a sale on my hands... I'd prefer to sell to a PSer anyway 8)

I wonder if the user account that was used to contact me is hacked. That buyer has 120+ positive buyer feedbacks... Maybe I should report this incident?

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

The dude is insisting he moved back to France and needs the ring ASAP and wants to use an Escrow company to get this done. I'm now kind of worried that I shared a vid with him from my Google Drive... I hope he doesn't hack me somehow :???:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium

GemFever|1358370594|3357160 said:
The dude is insisting he moved back to France and needs the ring ASAP and wants to use an Escrow company to get this done. I'm now kind of worried that I shared a vid with him from my Google Drive... I hope he doesn't hack me somehow :???:

An escrow company will be safe. They would handle the sale and the clearing of payment.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Hmm... I can't help but admit that I have been thinking that I may have scared off a real customer with my suspicions. But they were well founded I think. His ebay account is in Kentucky, yet he says he wants it shipped to France... He says he moved back to France after living in the US. And his Paypal is frozen due to bad transaction, he said he paid for something but never received the item and now the account is frozen under investigation. Suspicious, right? But I have heard about escrow and it does sound legitimate... and his writing style was not too bad, he made sense. Anyway, last I wrote him was along the lines of "I have to tell you that I'm suspicious and probably won't go through with the sale, but do send me the website of the Escrow service. Also tell me more about yourself, like your full name." His quick and repeated emails stopped after that. Either he was a scammer and gave up, or he was a buyer and finally got upset and gave up.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

I also directed him to GOG and OWD. Maybe he went there instead ::)

pandabee

Ideal_Rock

Too bad if it was a legit buyer, but it definitely sounds fishy. Best of luck..I think it's a great price and a beautiful stone! I'm sure it'll go quickly so you can get that 7mm baby!

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

Not all excrow services are legit. In fact, many are not. Also, you must ship the item to the address listed on his paypal account. If you send it anywhere else, you would no longer be protected by paypal. And never sell outside ebay as you would have no protection.

If his paypal account was frozen, how was he going to pay you. All other methods, and you have no protection.

I am very suspicious of people telling you they need something in a hurry. It forces you into making a hasty decision without weighing the consequences. You were smart to follow your instincts.

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock

Usually your first instinct is the right one. Never correspond by any other means except through eBay messages. Thieves can find a way to steal your personal information and ebay is a breeding ground for them. Ruby was spot on, the only address you can ship to is the one registered on eBay. PayPal is the only way to go and the buyers PayPal account would not be frozen in the example he gave you. The sellers would, so they can return the funds to the buyer. Not sure if you did this, but look at what was purchased to get the high feedback score. A lot of times really cheap items are purchased to build up the score. GemFever, I wouldn't worry about losing a potential sale with this guy. His pressure tactics are definitely suspicious and that fact that he hasn't contacted you after you told him you were concerned is typical of thieves. They pray on new sellers.

I hope you do get your ring sold soon. It's beautiful and a great price to boot ;-)

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Thanks for your input guys. You are absolutely right. There is a saying in Russian that translates loosely as "The morning is wiser than the evening," or in other words, sleep on it! This morning I feel pretty good about avoiding that risk. The guy's messages raised every every red flag I know of.

Ah, pretty OEC, you're still safe with me and the loving world of PS! 8)

img_4784_-_copy.jpg

justginger

Ideal_Rock

You definitely handed this appropriately - by running for the hills. I think you've saved your beautiful OEC from the clutches of an evil man... :angryfire:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gemfever, I've never sold on ebay so don't really have any experience, just want to say I think you definitely made the right call. I wouldn't want to get involved with such a transaction either. The whole thing sounds really shady. It's not worth the risk. There are other buyers out there!

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock

Also watch out for the buyers who don't want to be invoiced via PayPal, but offer to send you a direct PayPal payment "to save you the fee." If you invoice and put all the terms in writing, you are covered by Seller Protection. If you are taking payments PayPal Direct or whatever they call it, you're not covered. I am selling some non-jewelry items and someone made me that direct-payment-offer-from-bank-account, along with their lowball offer on my goods.

As soon as I said "I *always* put all terms in writing on an invoice sent via PayPal, that buyer was never heard from again. There must be some scam they can pull to wind up the merchandise but cancel the payment or bounce the e-check or something. Hacked PayPal. or stolen credit card or something.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ruby59|1358397345|3357540 said:
Not all excrow services are legit. In fact, many are not. Also, you must ship the item to the address listed on his paypal account.

TIL

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Thank you everyone for sharing your advice and support!

TC1987 -- that is a great tip. Will definitely keep it in mind and put all terms in writing. Whenever (if ever) I do make a sale ;))

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ebay Seller protection? There is no such thing. There is Ebay buyer protection, and in fact, even if you sell an item and list it accurately and state no refunds, ebay will force you to provide a refund for any reason if the buyer indicates "item not as described." And the buyer can generate a list of lies about what is "wrong" with your item, open a case against you, ebay will protect them and vote in their favor, and then you will have to provide a refund and wonder if during the item's absence, the item was swapped, destroyed, etc. Keep in mind the buyer has 45 days to demand a refund.I don't see how ebay protects the seller. The seller is not allowed to leave the buyer a negative feedback and so cannot warn other sellers. The only recourse a seller has is to report a buyer, but that means nothing. It take a lot of reports against a buyer before ebay looks into it. If the buyer pays you through paypal, then you are provided protection if they try to scam you, or claim that the item was not delivered. So really, pay ebay fees so that you can protect the buyer, or have them invoice your paypal directly, save the fees, and cash out your money before you ship the item. Bottom line, Ebay is a very dangerous place to sell items of high value and to people with low feedback. Be careful.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

nala|1358699603|3360297 said:
Ebay Seller protection? There is no such thing. There is Ebay buyer protection, and in fact, even if you sell an item and list it accurately and state no refunds, ebay will force you to provide a refund for any reason if the buyer indicates "item not as described." And the buyer can generate a list of lies about what is "wrong" with your item, open a case against you, ebay will protect them and vote in their favor, and then you will have to provide a refund and wonder if during the item's absence, the item was swapped, destroyed, etc. Keep in mind the buyer has 45 days to demand a refund.I don't see how ebay protects the seller. The seller is not allowed to leave the buyer a negative feedback and so cannot warn other sellers. The only recourse a seller has is to report a buyer, but that means nothing. It take a lot of reports against a buyer before ebay looks into it. If the buyer pays you through paypal, then you are provided protection if they try to scam you, or claim that the item was not delivered. So really, pay ebay fees so that you can protect the buyer, or have them invoice your paypal directly, save the fees, and cash out your money before you ship the item. Bottom line, Ebay is a very dangerous place to sell items of high value and to people with low feedback. Be careful.

Thanks Nala. I'm coming to the same conclusion. Once my auction runs out there tomorrow, I won't re-list. Partially because of the risk of selling on ebay, but also because I'm getting over my DSS, or at least trying to for now. And I'm a bit hesitant about giving up the J-color OEC... my budget is not so big that I could go up in size without sacrificing a some grades. Unless I get lucky on ebay of course :naughty: Anyway, it's good to be in a place where I don't feel rushed to make any decisions.

erinl

Brilliant_Rock

I sell items on ebay-- mainly toys and household goods. I have some gems I'd like to sell, but I wouldn't do so through ebay. There are enough people on pricescope that would be interested. There is still a risk, but I feel a bit safer, especially if I recognized the username.

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock

That ebay thing seemed sketchy. I also would not sell something like that on ebay, personally.

I think that your OEC is ideal for its type! The cut is exactly what I look for in a classic OEC. And I also think the price is very very good. You cannot find anything like that on ebay, it simply does not exist there, and if it did I think it would be priced even higher than you are asking. An over 1ct stone, with a GIA report, and a very pretty setting... your ring is a really good deal! I hope someone buys it soon!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results