shape
carat
color
clarity

0.97ct OEC I VS2 EGL

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am selling this stunner to fund an upgrade. Yes, it is an addiction, take advantage of it ;-)

This 0.97ct OEC comes with an EGL-CANADA report describing the diamond as an I color and VS2 clarity. EGL-CANADA is an affiliate of EGL-USA and as such is one of the more reliable EGL labs. Lab reports from EGL are very common for old cuts, much more common than GIA. See attached copy for details from the lab report.

Pictures and impressions here: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-christmas-oec-upgrade.169854/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-christmas-oec-upgrade.169854/[/URL]

And here: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-pictures-of-my-bling.171334/?hilit=bling']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-pictures-of-my-bling.171334/?hilit=bling[/URL]

The diamond is mounted in a simple yet pretty fishtail style 14k white gold mount. It is a size 6.75. I have not factored the setting into pricing. Consider it a lovely and fancy free diamond holder.

COLOR

The diamond was graded as I color by EGL. The appraisal that accompanied the diamond when I bought it stated “I-J”, my jeweler thought J color, and compared to my own GIA and AGS graded I and J color stones this diamond is certainly similar in tint face up, and looked similar loose and face down. Like many old cuts, the diamond faces up very white, especially set into white metal. I am color sensitive and do not perceive this stone as over warm, nor does my husband. It reads as “white” to my eyes, much more so than my MRB stones in the same color range. This diamond also performs differently than my I-J-K colored MRBs: it seems to take on less body tint from the environment. These observations are my opinions only, your perception may vary and I am not making any promises about how GIA or an appraiser would grade the diamond.

CLARITY

The diamond is a VS2 with no inclusions that I can see with my eye or loupe. There are no chips or nicks to the girdle either.

CUT

This stone has classic OEC proportions: small table, great depth, short lower halves, steep crown. My opinion is that the diamond is a later OEC, with better symmetry than you can often see in old cuts. The patterning is crisp and symmetric as well, and a little more splintery than is typical of this make. For an old cut the stone is very bright, performing well in white light return. It also shows good fire, though perhaps not as much as you can sometimes see. It has very nice chunky contrast patterning. The culet is very small and cannot easily be seen with the naked eye. Across lighting environments it performs like a bolder, chunkier, MRB. Like most old cuts, it shows a tiny bit of obstruction under the table when viewed up close and head on, but it is not a distraction and is not apparent in daily wear – you have to look for it. The stone does not show much leakage under the table, a problem for many old cuts. All told, a really spectacular stone. I would keep it if I could afford to have it all! Alas, that is not the case.

PRICING

Comparable diamonds retail for about $5000 (there are a few similar weight stones for $4500+ but they do not appear to be as well cut):
http://www.oldworlddiamonds.com/detail.php?ID=1294&SHAPE=EU
http://www.oldworlddiamonds.com/detail.php?ID=728&SHAPE=EU
http://www.oldworlddiamonds.com/detail.php?ID=2049&SHAPE=EU

I am asking $3495, including shipping and insurance. I accept PayPal and will ship to verified addresses only. I will offer a 3% discount for Canadians paying in Canadian funds (remember Canadians will also save sales taxes).

Sale is final, be sure to ask all questions before you buy! I have bought and sold a number of items on the Bistro. References available to serious buyers upon request.

Contact me here: http://diamondbistro.com/category/216/Natural-Diamond-Center/listings/27834/097ct-OEC-I-VS2-EGL.html

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
That is a great price, I am sure someone I'll snatch this beauty up soon! Can't wait to see your upgrade :naughty:

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
I want! That's a beautiful diamond and I've admired the setting. It's even just about my size (left hand when my fingers aren't swollen).

liz

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
armywife13|1333418598|3162144 said:
That is a great price, I am sure someone I'll snatch this beauty up soon! Can't wait to see your upgrade :naughty:

Oh thank you AW! I hope it goes to someone who will love and cherish it, it is a really special stone and a part of history!

It could be a while for anything to replace this lovely. I decided I wanted the funds on hand rather than buying first and then selling :)) There is a local auction house the seems to have multiple old cuts in their specialty jewelery auction every three months. I want to stalk it and be ready to pounce!

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
ooooooohhhh. It sure is lovely :naughty: I'm in the market for an ER, and this is so pretty its making me consider going smaller than I originally had planned......

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer...you find the most fabulous treasures! It's beautiful and such a great price! :love:

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ohhh!! My diamond's better looking sister. I would DEFINITELY be scooping this up if I didn't have an upgrade in mind for myself... :naughty:

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
ihy138|1333488076|3162745 said:
Ohhh!! My diamond's better looking sister. I would DEFINITELY be scooping this up if I didn't have an upgrade in mind for myself... :naughty:

Studs? Would be killer. You know you wanna!

hoover

Shiny_Rock
Ooooh....

I am SO tempted to drive down and check out this sparkly in person! :love:

Argh!

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you for all the positive words, the diamond is trule very beautiful.

I wanted to let people know that I will consider reasonable offers. I am also willing to work with a buyer to make sure they feel secure buying the stone (e.g., sending it to an appraiser). I am a reasonable person 8)

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love this stone. Find me another like it and I'll do a three stone ring that will kill DSS forever for me. :love: I'm sad you're selling it, but GAH, such a pretty.

Where was this forum when I got engaged...to think that I could get a near 1c stone for the budgets we were seeing these days from PSers selling preloved... ;( ::)

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1333844759|3165927 said:
I love this stone. Find me another like it and I'll do a three stone ring that will kill DSS forever for me. :love: I'm sad you're selling it, but GAH, such a pretty.

Where was this forum when I got engaged...to think that I could get a near 1c stone for the budgets we were seeing these days from PSers selling preloved... ;( ::)

I know!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1333824153|3165770 said:
Thank you for all the positive words, the diamond is trule very beautiful.

I wanted to let people know that I will consider reasonable offers. I am also willing to work with a buyer to make sure they feel secure buying the stone (e.g., sending it to an appraiser). I am a reasonable person 8)
Seeing this thread is literally painful for me. Haha. If it were August, this baby would be on its way to me as we speak and be put in a yummy bezel pendant. Unfortunately, until then, my funds are tied up in my e-ring upgrade. :((

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: so you found the auction house, huh?!?!?!? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: it's like the mothership for old cuts ;))

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wanted to let people know I posted a video of the diamond in a few lighting conditions on You Tube. If you search "Dreamer Old European Cut" you will find it :)) I cannot seem to do anything on DB right now, but will include the link in the listing when DB is back up and running.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bella_mezzo|1333935667|3166425 said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: so you found the auction house, huh?!?!?!? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: it's like the mothership for old cuts ;))
??

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
decodelighted|1333985508|3166628 said:
??

Bella is referencing the fact that my plan was to find a local auction house to buy old cuts directly from private sellers ;)) Ans Yes, Bella, I did find it! Patience patience will be needed, but they have some pretty good stuff on occassion!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1334000437|3166768 said:
decodelighted|1333985508|3166628 said:
??

Bella is referencing the fact that my plan was to find a local auction house to buy old cuts directly from private sellers ;)) Ans Yes, Bella, I did find it! Patience patience will be needed, but they have some pretty good stuff on occassion!

If I had the time and energy, an auction house seems like a great way to go...I've seen past deals on some auction sites that put the best ebay deals to shame. Look forward to seeing what you will end up with!

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How does one go about finding places like that? Where I live.....oh boy....theres not much!

hoover

Shiny_Rock
Hi Dreamer,

I saw your video of your diamond in the evening and the spot light conditions. It looked amazing under the spot lights :love:
Any chance you could post a video of your diamond in the sunshine?

Also, your post here says the ring is a 6.75 and the diamondbistro listing says 7.75 - so I was wondering which size is right...

Thanks!

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wanted to let everyone know that I was able to add the link to my video to the original DB listing, so if you click the link I provided to Diamond Bistro you can connect directly to the video. It shows the diamond in diffuse late afternoon lighting outdoors, and also in spot lighting. I actually filmed the latter in my closet using my reading light 8)

Hoover: It is a size 7.75, I wear it on my right hand. But it is very easily resized by any competent jeweler :)) I will try to get another video made today and post it as soon as I can! It is hard to capture the appearance of the diamond in bright sunlight though, the camera can't capture easily what my eye sees. But I will do my best! I also wanted to get a video in lighting under a tree as that is also very pretty. I'll try to get closer with the camera too, but the black camera creates black reflections you do not see in real life so it is also challenging -- you can see the reflections a little in the outdoor video I posted, in the center under the table in some moments. That is not really indicative of how the stone looks in person. Anyways, I'll do my best!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cool vid Dreamer! The outside shot is lovely!

If I am may hijack for a second...how do you get paragraphs in listings? the formatting looks fine when I write it, but then it lumps it all into one big paragraph. Feel free to post the answer on my listing...I have to update with videos too....

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1334017454|3167014 said:

If I am may hijack for a second...how do you get paragraphs in listings? the formatting looks fine when I write it, but then it lumps it all into one big paragraph. Feel free to post the answer on my listing...I have to update with videos too....
If you enter <br> it will do a page break. Type it at the end of your paragraph as well as one each line you want in-between the paragraphs.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
armywife13|1334033520|3167222 said:
TravelingGal|1334017454|3167014 said:

If you enter <br> it will do a page break. Type it at the end of your paragraph as well as one each line you want in-between the paragraphs.

Thank you!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1334034660|3167236 said:
Thank you!
No problem! I had to have my husband show me how to do it a few weeks ago when I was having the same issue.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results