shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help with e-ring; Lab-created and natural diamond MIXED

Wifey23

Rough_Rock
Hello People, I'm new here

My FI and I are shopping for engagement rings and won't mind a lab-created diamond. We have read countless articles on these diamonds and think its a great idea to start with these untill we can afford something better.

I came across an ebay seller with a 1.75 tcw engagement ring (center stone: 1 carat lab-created and side diamonds: 0.75 natural diamonds) over 14K white gold. Its a solitaire with accents. My FI suggested we purchase this ring and upgrade the major stone when he can afford it. I believe he will. Can anyone please take a look at the listing below? What do you think? Is it a good deal? Our budget is $1,000 :( Thanks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-75-ct-Dia...-D-14k-White-Gold-Hearts-Arrows-/261210115824

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Need help with e-ring; Lab-created and natural diamond M

Hi Wifey23,
The centre stone in the ring you posted is not a lab created diamond. It's not a diamond at all. It's just a simulant. So that thousand dollars is the cost of the setting.

Lab-created diamonds are real diamonds and the white ones are priced similarly to mined diamonds. There is a whole different forum for simulants, called Better Than Diamond. They might be able to help you in your search!

I will mention that anyone who knows even a little about jewelry can tell right away that a simulated stone is not a real diamond (the light dispersion is different, the fake ones are more sparkly).

However, when you are on a tight budget, you do have options besides simulants. You could get a smaller diamond, or you could get a lower colour, lower clarity diamond. You might also want to consider the secondary market (ie. second hand). It's not like anyone will ever know where your ring came from!

One more thing, unless you really know a lot about jewelry, I strongly suggest that you not buy on ebay, unless from a recommended seller with a no hassle return policy.

Having said that, here's one I have bought from in the past:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/STUNNING-14KT-ROUND-DIAMOND-ENGAGEMENT-RING-G59811-1-/140251876266?pt=Diamond_Solitaire_Rings&hash=item20a7a9cbaa

Maybe see if they have anything you like. I got my wedding ring from them, for about one-third the price of a new ring.

Good luck!

Wifey23

Rough_Rock
Re: Need help with e-ring; Lab-created and natural diamond M

Thanks A lot. I'll look up that link right now. I thought simulated diamonds are also lab-created diamonds.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results