shape
carat
color
clarity

Good online vendors for vintage watches?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Hi, everyone,
The reason I''m hanging out over here for a change is that I''m in the market for a vintage watch -- yahoo -- and I''ve spent many hours over the past couple days reading threads on vintage watches from the PS archives and timezone.com.

I own a Raymond Weil Tango and a Skagen watch -- both about 10 years old and both workhorses, but modern in design.

They don''t look that hot with my vintage jewelry, so I thought I''d buy a vintage watch, both for the looks and the incredible (non-quartz) craftsmanship.

I like the sleek LeCoultre designs from the 1940s and 1950s, and I also like vintage Omega watches, but these seem very hard to find in women''s sizes.

I am willing to do what it takes ($$$) to keep it running, but want to buy something that comes to me already working (no fix-it jobs from ebay!).

I''ve found several I like, but I don''t know how to judge the reliability of the vendors. Could you please share with my your experiences and/or make some recommendations on the best online vendors to buy from.

Note: I live in the midwest, a/k/a middle of nowhere in terms of quality retail stores, so unless it''s in Chicago, I can''t really get to B&M stores that easily for browsing.

Thanks!!!

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve shopped at online at: wannabuyawatch.com They have a great selection of vintage watches: Cartier, Rolex etc..

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Westjenn, I''ve seen their website -- great selection of watches. It''s nice to know that someone else is familiar with them.

I''ve visited the Timezone.com website, and I have to say their forums are not as easy to use as PS. I wish their was a vintage watch forum on PS -- do you think I''d have better luck finding other PSer''s who own vintage watches under Timeless Classics?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results