shape
carat
color
clarity

The Real Housewives of Orange County

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone else watch this guilty pleasure? I hadn't seen it until today they had a marathon of all episodes so far. Those ladies have some great bling.
10.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve seen a few episodes--the young girl (Jo?) and her fiance drive me a little nuts, she''s waaaayyy dramatic, and he just apparently wants to be her sugar daddy. (French Maid costume, him being upset about her getting a job instead of playing tennis?)

The other women are a little out there. Vicki and the divorced blond gal seem to really enjoy being "MILF''s" which irks me, but then again maybe I''ll think it''s cute that my son''s friends are attracted to me when I''m 45.
emotion-40.gif

My husband has seen more episodes than I have, this I recently found out when I was watching it and he came home and said "oh I''ve seen this one," and proceeded to tell me all about the housewives and their situations!
6.gif
I don''t know if it''s a good thing or a bad thing that he watches--he usually doesn''t like reality shows. Hmm.

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Gotta love Jo''s ring though. Even though she gave it back.
38.gif
I know, Vicki seems to crave attention. She gets on my nerves most.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I love this show too!! I thought it was going to be dumb at first, but now I like it!! Jo''s my fav..but what''s up with Slade being all mad that she got a job?? I guess he wants to be the bread winner...

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had to chime back in and say, I think it''s kind of an "unreality" reality show, you know what I mean? Kind of like "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous," only more in-depth, as far as you actually see what goes on in their lives on a day-to-day basis. I like to watch, but some moments I have to roll my eyes!
20.gif
2.gif
It''s definitely a fun show, though. Have you seen "Blowout?" I love it--Jonathon is so la-la land, he cracks me up to no end!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I watch it, and belive me, it''s all true. We live about 1 mile outside of Coto de Caza (the gated community where those OC housewives come from, and I see women like that all the time!). I see skinny, blond, hot tennis moms with foreign nannies on a daily basis. I watch the show because I recognize all the restaurants, clubs and places they go to. It''s like watching a train-wreck, you can''t help but ogle at their display.

I have to say that the show is pretty realistic though, people around here do have that kind of lifestyle. They probably just chose 5 ladies with more over-the-top personalities though.

My husband and I make decent professional income, but compared to the Coto people, we really feel like the Beverly Hills Hillbillies...hehe.

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I like to watch this show...I attended a Christmas party in Coto de Gaza back in 2004 and it is gorgeous in that gated community. I love to see their bling! Jo''s ring...OMG...I love it!

I agree about Vicki...she mostly bugs me. Jeana seems nice, but her makeup...

Lauri is the sweetest one on this show. My hubby saw her and thought she was really pretty and then he watched it with me and said she had a really sweet personality compared to Vicki. Kimberly seems ok, too.

I like watching...

lilyinct

Shiny_Rock
Spoiler!..............

Jo gave Slade back the ring and they called off the engagement (not that it came as any big surprise!)
She''s way too immature for him (not to mention half his age).

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
What is this show??? Sorry, I don''t watch a lot of tv, but, I''m very curious...We''re moving to OC in a month and these shows make me think "What are we doing!!". I sometimes watch The OC...Is that what you''re talking about??? Is this some type of reality show? Thanks!

lilyinct

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/30/2006 10:57:42 AM
Author: Miranda
What is this show??? Sorry, I don''t watch a lot of tv, but, I''m very curious...We''re moving to OC in a month and these shows make me think ''What are we doing!!''. I sometimes watch The OC...Is that what you''re talking about??? Is this some type of reality show? Thanks!
Miranda-

This is a documentary/reality tv show on Bravo that portrays 4 or 5 "housewives" and their families that live in Orange County.

Good luck with your move!

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
Whoa! A lot happened since I last saw the show -- why did Jo break up with her fiance?

Then again, maybe she needed some time on her own. I think she said she was 24 and wanted to find herself before getting married -- the guy was maybe 40 and had 2 kids? Still, they were a cute couple and the kids were adorable.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve been watching since day 1. Y''know that saying about a train wreck? Can''t pull yourself away? That''s it!

The last episode was Jo breaking off her engagement - can I just tell you, I thought about starting a PS thread but didn''t...but lemme tell you, I paused the TiVo to get a closer look at her canary diamond ering with white diamond halo at least 10 times.

I love the bling on the show - it''s the best part.

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/29/2006 11:31:08 PM
Author: bling*diva*
~~I love this show too!! I thought it was going to be dumb at first, but now I like it!! Jo''s my fav..but what''s up with Slade being all mad that she got a job?? I guess he wants to be the bread winner...
Cause he''s a control freak!!!

She knew he had kids when she got engaged. Why is she complaining now. I understand her need to get out of the house but she''s gone too far. Giving that rock back
32.gif
What is she thinking
20.gif

leeenie

Shiny_Rock
Slade is a control freak!!! (among other things)

He proposed to Jo, knowing she''s a 24-yr old woman who loves partying with her friends and apparently liked working, "expecting" that once they were engaged/married, she would drop everything and suddenly become a stay at home wife and mom to his 2 kids by 2 different mothers? Basically, he wants someone to be his "kept" woman, to stay at home and do all the chores and be a mom to his kids, but he also wants someone with the physical attributes of a 24-year old - sorry, not happening. Not even for a big Tiffany diamond and his "seven figure" income. She clearly has a mind of her own and was not ready to settle down and become a housewife/mom; I think he was deluded in thinking she suddenly would, and she was deluded in thinking he wouldn''t "expect" these things from her in exchange for all the wealth he was providing.

I was a bit incredulous when she told him she got a new job, that she was excited about, and his face dropped, and all he did was stare at her and ask was "WHY?" in a not-so-generous tone. Also, I don''t think he has much respect for her, did you see how he made fun of her "stupidity" to that couple (the guy he was trying to suck up to) when they were at their house? Ick. (also reminds me of Newlyweds)

Also in the 1st episode, Kimberly said when they moved to Coto from the midwest, her husband wanted her to get breast implants so she could be his trophy (yes, she did say something like that), and that she did it because she wanted him to have his trophy wife - does that seem weird? These seemingly down-to-earth people (their daughter doesn''t even seem spoiled after moving there), after moving to a place like that, HAVE to change themselves, values-wise AND physically (surgically! in addition to the bleach), to fit in with the neighbors?

Yes, it''s a train wreck, but I can''t stay away, especially since Bravo has reruns all the time!

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
What did you think of the wife of the guy Slade was trying to impress? Putting CZ''a on her pink rims. And the glitter on the horses hooves
38.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2006 7:14:15 PM
Author: moon river
What did you think of the wife of the guy Slade was trying to impress? Putting CZ''a on her pink rims. And the glitter on the horses hooves
38.gif
That woman was out of control. But her husband was a royal freaking jerk - in the meeting with Slade at his office - could you HAVE a bigger attitude?!?!? They all seem like pompous @sses to me.

Slade definitely wants a ''kept'' wife to sit at home and be there for his every whim, and wants that woman to be a trophy wife. No doubt about it. He irritates me. So does Jo, because life is not ALL about staying out till 4 am partying, but I guess she is young and wants to get it out of her system? I dunno.

I do feel bad for the woman whose kid was in juvenile hall. She''s got it hard, and I could SLAP her bratty daughter across the face, but she''s just gotta put that kid in her place. And unfortunately, it looks like her botox and all the facial treatments are starting to catch up to her - she''s got that ''worked on'' look when the camera is up close.

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, that girl is a spoiled bi%&!!! And I agree, all the blond women look plastic. They all three look alike to me. I think Jeana is the most grounded of them all.

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sad to say I got hooked on the show. And it was during vacation in NYC too. Stupid unforcasted blizzard showed up which trapped me and my wife in the hotel room. She was taking a shower and I got sucked in. When she got out, it sucked her in too and we blew like 3 hours watching that thing.

I find it hilarious though. You can tell they''re rich, but it''s hard to tell how rich since they seem to buy flashy items based on what they''re neighbors buy. But, nobody really has all that nice stuff. It''s like the blind leading the blind. And all these "trophy" wives aren''t "real" trophy wives. It''s like regular down home people got transplanted there and wanna act like the movie stars 45 min north of them but don''t know how to pull it off.

I''m from the area and went to undergrad at UCI. Considering how snooty the show makes them out to be, they''re not really impressive for that area which is hilarious to those of us who know the wealth in South OC. I mean, that one episode where they go SUV shopping, they were talking about Tahoe''s and stuff like that. Those were the cars they "had" to buy to keep up images.

You go to South Coast Plaza (the main mall in the area) or cruise other cities like Newport or whatever and Chevy Tahoe''s are cheap. You need to be in a Range Rover or Mercedes G-class to be keeping up with the rich soccer moms in that area. If you guys are bored, do a search on Crystal Cove and what happens every Saturday morning.

It''s amazing how addicting that show is. A magnificent combination of seemingly boring household drama, with naked social climbing, and utter cluelessness. Stupid show got me addicted to Top Chef also.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hehe - I watch Top Chef also. As well as Who Wants to be the Next Food Network Star. Sometimes I get the two confused....love ''em, but alas, no bling on that show. You''d think the host (Billy Joel''s wife) could flash her rock once in awhile, y''know?!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2006 4:28:48 PM
Author: teagreen
Slade is a control freak!!! (among other things) He proposed to Jo, knowing she''s a 24-yr old woman who loves partying with her friends and apparently liked working, ''expecting'' that once they were engaged/married, she would drop everything and suddenly become a stay at home wife and mom to his 2 kids by 2 different mothers? Basically, he wants someone to be his ''kept'' woman, to stay at home and do all the chores and be a mom to his kids, but he also wants someone with the physical attributes of a 24-year old - sorry, not happening. Not even for a big Tiffany diamond and his ''seven figure'' income. She clearly has a mind of her own and was not ready to settle down and become a housewife/mom; I think he was deluded in thinking she suddenly would, and she was deluded in thinking he wouldn''t ''expect'' these things from her in exchange for all the wealth he was providing.

AIIGH! Thank goodness you wrote that all up .. it''s very close to what I wanted to say but I was too irritated to even type it! I was
29.gif
29.gif
when he said "This ''only 24'' thing is getting OLD". HA! If you want a ditzy young plaything -- you have to LIVE with a ditzy young plaything (who''s gonna flirt with 20 year old neighbors, crawl around the kitchen floor in front of your parents, and neglect your kids) What a TOOL he is!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2006 2:00:36 PM
Author: codex57
I''m sad to say I got hooked on the show. And it was during vacation in NYC too. Stupid unforcasted blizzard showed up which trapped me and my wife in the hotel room. She was taking a shower and I got sucked in. When she got out, it sucked her in too and we blew like 3 hours watching that thing.

I find it hilarious though. You can tell they''re rich, but it''s hard to tell how rich since they seem to buy flashy items based on what they''re neighbors buy. But, nobody really has all that nice stuff. It''s like the blind leading the blind. And all these ''trophy'' wives aren''t ''real'' trophy wives. It''s like regular down home people got transplanted there and wanna act like the movie stars 45 min north of them but don''t know how to pull it off.

I''m from the area and went to undergrad at UCI. Considering how snooty the show makes them out to be, they''re not really impressive for that area which is hilarious to those of us who know the wealth in South OC. I mean, that one episode where they go SUV shopping, they were talking about Tahoe''s and stuff like that. Those were the cars they ''had'' to buy to keep up images.

You go to South Coast Plaza (the main mall in the area) or cruise other cities like Newport or whatever and Chevy Tahoe''s are cheap. You need to be in a Range Rover or Mercedes G-class to be keeping up with the rich soccer moms in that area. If you guys are bored, do a search on Crystal Cove and what happens every Saturday morning.

It''s amazing how addicting that show is. A magnificent combination of seemingly boring household drama, with naked social climbing, and utter cluelessness. Stupid show got me addicted to Top Chef also.
Hi fellow UCI grad! I''m totally embarassed by that show, because not all south OC moms act like them. Although I aspire to be the trophy wife (keeping myself in shape, watching what I eat), I do not agree with them paying for all kinds of unnecessary procedures just to keep up with the Jones''. I also agree that their cars are not impressive at all! You should see all the Range Rovers and brand new S-classes, and 7-series there are in this area.

Did you guys watch the episode where a group of these ladies are having teppanyaki, and requesting that the chef fling shrimp down one of their cleavages, and then they sat around and passed food to each other with their mouths? So immature, to think that they think its sexy when artificially enhanced, over-the-hill attention whores make out in public.

KittenKat

Shiny_Rock
I am addicted to this show too! Just a fun, silly thing to watch.

Honestly, I don''t find them to be classy at all. Which is what makes the show fun!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2006 3:24:35 PM
Author: jaysonsmom
Did you guys watch the episode where a group of these ladies are having teppanyaki, and requesting that the chef fling shrimp down one of their cleavages, and then they sat around and passed food to each other with their mouths? So immature, to think that they think its sexy when artificially enhanced, over-the-hill attention whores make out in public.
I did see that. It made me think TRASH! Just acting completely immature and kinda skanky. Did you see that the same one with the shrimp down her shirt was out dancing all skanky with men at the bar/club? Uh, hello, you''re MARRIED - and even if you''re not having sex with other men, don''t you think that''s disrespectful?!??!

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Deco, I was rolling on the floor when she on the floor trying to get Slades parents dog to ''rescue'' her. OMG she is so dumb. How was she supposed to be this high powered executive and not have any sense.
20.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2006 4:38:48 PM
Author: moon river
Deco, I was rolling on the floor when she on the floor trying to get Slades parents dog to ''rescue'' her. OMG she is so dumb. How was she supposed to be this high powered executive and not have any sense.
20.gif

Oh I don''t think she was an EXECUTIVE. C''mon ... she met him two years ago, at work, at what? 22 then? I AM SURE she was someone''s assistant ... one of those kind at male-dominated places that gets hired as "eye candy" with no regard to "computer skills" or "ability to read". I''ve been an assistant and BELIEVE me, 99% are way smarter than that chick (unless it''s a really convincing act - & she''s Oscar bound). I''m guessing she was sassy at work because she thought she was too good for the place and that cockiness attracted him. Because, SERIOUSLY, she''s not even that pretty. Hot maybe? Arguably? But it''s CALIFORNIA. You could throw a LEMON PIE at a crowd in any mall & hit someone more attractive ... PUHleeze.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Jaysons Mom, you made me spit out my nose with that freakin'' slinky comment at the end of your post. ROTFLMAO!

Ok, well then..

I loooooooooooooooove RHofOC...its fun to watch, and daydream about how I''d do it different if I had that kind of bank...LOL I do get really disturbed by how the kids are affected, and it makes me so glad that hubby & I have to budget like normal folks, hopefully we''ll pass that work ethic and respect for money onto our son!

.I live in a similar community in Oregon..and its ridiculous. Tans in our rainy winters? my 1 carat diamond is small by a long shot here, and I''m the only girl without a Mercedes. And all the stay at home mommies have a membership at the private golf club (tennis too), full time nannies, housekeepers, gardeners, and look as if they never eat. Me? Lifes too short to live without steak or carbs. LOL! And I don''t mind working in my house....or raising my own kid...works for me!

However, I would love Jo''s ring..and the golf club membership..LOL!

Jeannine

leeenie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/1/2006 2:21:30 PM
Author: decodelighted

Date: 4/30/2006 4:28:48 PM
Author: teagreen
Slade is a control freak!!! (among other things) He proposed to Jo, knowing she''s a 24-yr old woman who loves partying with her friends and apparently liked working, ''expecting'' that once they were engaged/married, she would drop everything and suddenly become a stay at home wife and mom to his 2 kids by 2 different mothers? Basically, he wants someone to be his ''kept'' woman, to stay at home and do all the chores and be a mom to his kids, but he also wants someone with the physical attributes of a 24-year old - sorry, not happening. Not even for a big Tiffany diamond and his ''seven figure'' income. She clearly has a mind of her own and was not ready to settle down and become a housewife/mom; I think he was deluded in thinking she suddenly would, and she was deluded in thinking he wouldn''t ''expect'' these things from her in exchange for all the wealth he was providing.

AIIGH! Thank goodness you wrote that all up .. it''s very close to what I wanted to say but I was too irritated to even type it! I was
29.gif
29.gif
when he said ''This ''only 24'' thing is getting OLD''. HA! If you want a ditzy young plaything -- you have to LIVE with a ditzy young plaything (who''s gonna flirt with 20 year old neighbors, crawl around the kitchen floor in front of your parents, and neglect your kids) What a TOOL he is!
He IS a TOOL. I think he irritates me the most of anyone on that show (second would have to be the divorced woman''s bratty teenaged daughter who doesn''t accept responsibility for anything). Anyway, I get the sense that Slade feels he can "own" someone with his money - that he deserves to have an all-around full-time slave for household chores, childcare, and "the s-word," just because he has a lot of cash. But she has to be "hot." That doesn''t seem like a mutual, respectful relationship (even if she didn''t act ditzy); it seems more like a service transaction!

I don''t think she''s pretty either, but she looks tall, relatively slim, big chest, young, and confident/outgoing.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto on what has been said about Slade. I do think Jo is fairly childish but there is NO amount of money that would make up for being treated as an object the way Slade seems to think of her.

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/1/2006 3:24:35 PM
Author: jaysonsmom

Hi fellow UCI grad! I''m totally embarassed by that show, because not all south OC moms act like them. Although I aspire to be the trophy wife (keeping myself in shape, watching what I eat), I do not agree with them paying for all kinds of unnecessary procedures just to keep up with the Jones''. I also agree that their cars are not impressive at all! You should see all the Range Rovers and brand new S-classes, and 7-series there are in this area.

Yeah, those ladies are definitely not representive of the OC moms. I mean, yeah, status and all that stuff is important and they can get pretty snooty, but they don''t act all immature and trashy like a lot of those moms do.

The only mom I really have any sympathy for is the baseball mom. Her husband doesn''t sound fun, but I give him leeway since he literally suffered brain damage. Her oldest son''s a bit of a loser, but lots of jocks are like that. I do like the daughter tho. Good head on her shoulders.

And you''re right. Jo''s ugly. I mean, there are a lot of trophy wives in the area. But they''re HOT. The idea behind a trophy wife is to make other men jealous you have her on your arm (and other women wish they were her). Other than big boobs which you can buy (and Jo prolly did buy them like all the other women on the show), Jo''s got nothing going for her. Face is ugly. Personality isn''t all that fun or anything. I wouldn''t be jealous of Slade at all.

But I think that''s why I''m attracted to the show. They think they''re all that. They act immature cuz they think it makes them look hip and young and fun. It doesn''t, but they''re completely clueless to that fact. They think they''re fairly rich and have fancy stuff. They don''t, but don''t realize it. That uttery cluelessness is what keeps me hooked. It is like watching a train wreck. It''s just like how when American Idol shows all those really bad singers, those episodes are super popular.

I think that''s why Top Chef is so addictive too. Stephen and some of those chefs are incredibly annoying, but they make for excellent TV.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Codex all I have to say about Top Chef is THANK GOD STEPHEN FINALLY GOT THE BOOT! I couldn't take it anymore....the show is NOT 'top sommelier'...
20.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results