shape
carat
color
clarity

Show us your jewelry boxes....How do you store & organize your jewelry?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
There are a lot of people here who have very nice jewelery collections. How do you store your items? Do you keep everything in the box in which they came or do you put everything into a jewelery box?
How do you keep your costume jewelry?

I have a Reed & Barton jewelry chest with a lift up lid and one drawer. It''s very nice and pretty but not nearly big enough. The bottom drawer is divided for earrings which seems to work ok, but the top is not big enough to put both the "good" jewelry I have plus the fun costume stuff--you know that funky beaded necklace etc. I''ve been keeping my blue zircon pendant, diamond earrings & pendant in their original boxes. My e & w rings are worn except when I''m in the shower--and they''re in the cleaning solution. So, I''ve been trying to figure out a better way to get organized. I don''t have room for one of those mini armoire things.

So, how do you do it?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm totally not a jewelry person (insane I know) so I don't have much real jewelry other than the pieces I wear all the time. Recently I broke down and bought a tiny jewelry box from RE (they have great small modern looking boxes for small collections like mine!) for something like $40 and it's a pale blue satin stacking case that fits on my nightstand our bedroom is blues and mahoganies so it works perfectly. I personally don't like the typical wooden jewelry boxes, to me that is just SO my Mother and Grandmother or older woman...mental block!

So far everything I've got that I actually value fits nicely in this box with space to spare, there are about 12 ring spots and I only have what...5? So I've got tons of room to grow...hahaa. I highly recommend the RE stacking ones (they have more right now in other colors and various styles) for those who don't have the fabulous collections with 30 rings JUST YET!!
31.gif

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I have a jewelry box and DH got me when we were dating and he said that he will fill it with jewelry as our relationship grows. I didn't know that he means that he will put his jewelry in there after we moved in together.
25.gif
. I just put my ering and wband (when I am home), a couple pendants and earrings in there. I have another jewelry box that I put my costume jewelry in. And that I have the stuffs that I got from my wedding in their original boxes stored away in our walk-in closet, but I am probably going to get a safe deposit box to put those in since I won't be wearing that too much.

ETA: the one DH got me would be consider "old lady"-ish because it is wood with a silver engravable plaque; the fashion jewelry one is a Hello Kitty one (yeah I know I am such a kid).

miyabi_na

Rough_Rock
ooooo good thread! I actually NEED some sort of storage for my jewelry. Right now I keep some of my jewelry that I wear more often in a glass dish, and the rest in a plastic pencil holder in a drawer (bad I know!!! LOL)

Anyone have any good suggestions for small storage units that don't look too girly, or as mara said, too "old lady"? LOL

I'm looking for something I can keep under my bathroom sink (unless its stylish enough to sit out) because my boyfriend and I keep a "uncluttered" bedroom and bathroom (minimalist tastes I guess you could say...think NY loft/small apartment style
2.gif
)...something with good compartments because I have a good amount of jewelry, both fine and costume.

Pics and prices too please! =)

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
ooooh, I really like that stacking box Mara! The blue one is on sale for $34 now, although the pink is still $50, which is odd. But I''m seriously considering getting the blue one!

Currently all of my jewelry is either (a) in a tin box that a watch my fiance won came in (all my earrings), (b) one of those plastic boxes with teeny compartments that I got when I was about 9, (c) a flimsy cardboard box, or (d) the box it came in (which, since most of my nice jewelry is heirloom, means that I have 3 or 4 random pieces in each little antique box that doesn''t officially hold them either.)

So I think it''s about time for me to reorganize.
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
dual.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
here's the one similar to what i have but in a super pale blue satin...it's $50 regular price and comes in pink and choco leather.

leather stacking regular.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
and here is a new one that they have that is like a super sized leather one which is pretty cool for $80.

part of what i liked was that they looked modern and could sit on a dresser without being ''old lady''...hee hee.

leather stacking big.jpg

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
I keep all my jewelry in a glass footed compote dish! I know it doesn''t keep it organized at all, but it looks pretty sitting on my desk!
1.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would love to have this vanity from Pottery Barn for my bedroom. I think I could get some of those jewelry organizer trays (they''re lined with burgundy felt/velvety stuff) and stick them in the drawers to hold my stuff. Right now I have a couple of fabric covered hatboxes on top of our dresser that are chock full of sterling and 14k yellow gold pieces. The jewelry I wear on a daily basis gets laid on a little tray on top of the dresser. It doesn''t look cluttered, but when i go looking for something inside those hatboxes it''s a big old mess.

vanity.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a jewelry armour that looks just like this. It was a present from my husband many years ago and holds a ton of jewelry. I bet he wishes now that he had bought a much smaller one!!
31.gif

461_jewelry_H-CHERRY_thumbnail_75XAspect.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
{{{Anyone have any good suggestions for small storage units that don''t look too girly, or as mara said, too "old lady"? LOL}}}

When I was little I got a green plastic Sears fishing tackle box that I just used for random stuff. In high school a friend bought me a jewelry box, which was attractive but it wasn''t really that practical the way it was laid out. In college I decided that my old fishing tackle box was a great organizer tool, far better than the impractical wooden jewelry box, for storing both jewelry and hair accessories, etc.... Years later a friend gave me a beautiful wooden jewelry box with inlaid brass, which I do use, among other boxes to store my jewelry, although as some said here, not as well organized as could be. I never had any truly fine jewelry until I got married, and so far it''s not that much so I keep it [the good stuff] in the store boxes; the rest of my jewelry is just much less expensive stuff jumbled in various boxes incl. the wood one.

But it''s funny this thread came up, because the thought had occured to me lately, "gee, that old green plastic fishing tackle box is STILL the most practical storage thing for jewelry!"
3.gif
It definitely isn''t "too girly", and I don''t think "old lady", and it would have the additional advantage that it''s unlikely a burglar would suspect your fine diamonds are lurking in that ugly thing!!
2.gif
I doubt I will ever pull it out and use it (yes I still own it, although it''s currently at my parents'' house!), but it did make me laugh to think about it.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with not liking "old lady" jewelry boxes. My friend bought me a small leather Milano series on for x-mas. My mom also got me a small travel on from fosil. Here is an example of Milano's. It is different than mine but very cute!

ETA: It is called Small Boulevard Jewelry Box. "Each box has six small compartments for earrings and such and one large compartment for bigger items and necklaces.  Two snap closures in the front.  Makes a great gift.  The small Boulevard is 8" x 5.5" x 2"." $49 comes in Tangerine/Magenta, Kiwi/Magenta, Turquoise/Kiwi, Magenta/Tangerine (shown)

thumb.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh...I found a picture online. I have the pink one!

thumb-1.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is what the inside looks like. That is not my reflection in the mirror. I got the picture from www.jacquelinejarrot.com though I have never ordered from them.

ETA: It is called Milano Series Small Double Jewelry Box. "Two layers of storage with a snap closure.  The bottom has three sections across and the top is open with a cover to place on top.  The lid has a mirror.  This travel box is 4" x 4" x 2.75"." $39

Milano-Series-small-double-.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is another one with four smaller compartment in front for rings, earrings or keepsakes, and one long section in the back for necklaces or larger items.  This box measures 11" x 6" x 2". $49.00 comes in amethyst, fuchsia, or olivine. It is called Hardtop Short Jeweley Box.

thumb-2.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohh...I love this one. This one is on www.atomic.interkan.net (anyone ever heard of them?) They have it in "Robin Egg Blue" or "Delicate Pink" for only $28.50. They have many more styles but I won''t bore you with anymore. They also have the above styles I posted for a lot less than the other site. Hmmm....

MILANO-001C.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is what my fossil one looks like.

SL5477600.jpg

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
This one is on my wishlist as something grown up but not old fashioned........... It''s pricey though!!

jewelbasket_1880_58572113.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, as hard as it is for me to accept, I apparently am in the category of somebody''s mother (but not grandmother!)! Because my parents years ago gave me the old Reed and Barton wooden jewelry box with engraved monogram. That is where I keep most of the jewelry I do not wear, such as years worth of yellow gold odds and ends that I don''t know what to do with now. My everyday jewelry is in a drawer in the bathroom so I can take it off at night and put it back on in the morning. I normally wear e and w rings, watch, earrings, and pendant. I do not wear any costume jewelry at all. I have a few special things in their boxes stuck in a dresser drawer. So this is a good reminder that I need to reorganize. And I need to bookmark the sites with the pretty leather jewelry boxes to get for my college age daughter!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you all seen those wall mounted, slim jewelry cases that have a mirror on the front? I kind of thought I could attach one of these to some wall that goes somewhat unseen in my house (second bedroom or something.) Granted, it''s a little old-fashioned looking, but it''s space-saving and looks like a good organizational piece for jewelry.

jewel wall cab.jpg

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I got this box this past Christmas. I really like it. Behind the front panel are 2 drawers that I put my bracelets in. Bombay Company has others. My daughter has their mirrored box and loves it as well.

bombaycoBox.jpg

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Hi islandreams:

I just received a jewellery box from my DH for Christmas from Bombay Co as well. My DH bought me one when I was 18 and he was still my BF, soooo it was time (20 years later) for a new one....LOL....it is a wooden one
6.gif
and replaces the multitude of boxes I had sitting on our dresser, so it really served the purpose.

Heather

(sorry no pics
7.gif
)

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Here is mine. It''s from Hold Everything and I liked it because it has very clean lines and I could not find a jewelry box that was light in color.

IMG_0086 2.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
deleted. couldn't get pics to post

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results