carat
color
clarity

Looking for input on Tsavorite options

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi All,
A Tsavorite has been on my must have list since I first saw photos of them on this forum a couple of years ago and I was blown away by their beauty. I am finally ready to purchase a Tsav and contacted Bruce Bridges to see what options he has available in my budget, which is under $1,000.
Bruce sent me the first photo below and I narrowed it down to my favorites, A, B and H. The second photo is a grouping of A, B and H together along with another cushion option in the bottom right corner that I have ruled out. My problem now is that I want all three of these Tsavorites, but can only purchase one :) At this point I truly like all three equally and need to narrow it down to one to purchase.
Here are the stats:
A) Tsavorite, Round, 0.82 carats, 6.1 mm, Medium-Plus (vibrant rich grass green) colour tone, VVS clarity.
B) Tsavorite, Cushion, 0.92 carats, 6.75 x 5.35 mm, Medium (vibrant grass green) colour tone, VS clarity.
H) Tsavorite, Pear, 0.97 carats, 7 x 5.6 mm, Medium (vibrant grass green) colour tone, VVS clarity.
I plan on setting the stone in a diamond halo mounting to add finger coverage because my hands are on the larger side (Size 8 ring finger), so choosing the shape that would look biggest is also somewhat of a consideration.
What do you all think of these options? Which one would you choose?
Thanks in advance!

tsavs1.jpg

_38835.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any chance of pictures of the tsavorites outside the case, placed in between the back of 2 fingers? The pictures are also too small to show details and the case cover makes it even more difficult to judge colour and cut quality.

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Chrono,
I emailed Bruce and asked for a hand shot with all three stones. Hopefully he will be able to send me the requested photo. He has been very responsive and pleasant to deal with. I'm not sure why the first photo transferred so tiny...
I do typically purchase precision cut stones and mentioned to Bruce in my last email that I am looking for a stone without a window and without much extinction. I'll post any other photos he sends me as soon as I receive them.
Thanks!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All 3 stones in the same photograph would be best for an accurate comparison, if possible.

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks to the link to Finewater chroman, I am going to check their options out.

I'm back with a close up picture of all three stones together on the hand from Bruce.
He did mention that if I am sensitive to windows that the round has a very slight one. He said the pear is the lightest and brightest, the cushion is a half shade more richly saturated than the pear followed by the round which is a half shade deeper than the cushion.
Here's the close up:

I'd be interested to hear any thoughts on these stones.

tsavsupclose.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I noticed the window in the round in the earlier picture but it isn't obvious in this one. For me, it will be a close call between the pear and the cushion, but I am leaning towards the pear. It caught my eye from your first set of pictures.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My vote is for the pear shape. I think the color is gorgeous and it looks bright. :love:

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
The pear is pretty, but I would choose the cushion. =) I think it would make a beautiful diamond halo ring.

S

SparkliesLuver

I'm with Chrono on the pear catching my eye from the beginning. I am cautious about the shape when there's more saturation at the tip but I don't see that here at all. The pear gets my vote too.

Happy decision making! :D :appl:

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much for all of the input!
The pear is really lovely and bright and I really like the richness and shape of the cushion as well.
I was thinking long and hard about this decision and am unsure that the size of stone I can purchase in this price range will satisfy me in the long run. I have contacted Bruce to see what options he has if I raise my budget a bit. He sent me a group shot in jewel boxes of the new options and I have requested a hand shot. I'll come back and post more photos for input once I narrow the new options down.
I am still strongly considering the pear, but the size is my only concern with that stone. I've tried to search for images of finished CS rings with pears around the 7 x 5.5mm but didn't have any luck. If anyone has any input on a pear in that size range I would appreciate it.

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have a preference for cushions but the pear looks bigger and the color nicer. My vote goes to the pear on this one.

S

SparkliesLuver

Completely understand your hesitation.

I know it's not super close, but my paraiba itself measures 8.2 x 5.9mm. I also have larger fingers at 9.5, so keep that in mind too.

img_14495.jpg

S

SparkliesLuver

Sorry for the double-post, but I forgot to load this guy. Been a long day. haha I don't remember the dimensions off-hand but I want to say the pear itself was around 4 x 6mm. Hope these help!

img_14496.jpg

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much for posting the pictures of your pear rings SparkliesLuver! They are both gorgeous and look fantastic on your hand :love:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The pear or the cushion for me.

DK :))

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you everyone for the input!
I will be receiving my four top picks from Bruce at Bridges Tsavorite (who has been fantastic to work with) to view in person from the new options I received after raising my budget. One of the four I will receive is the cushion from this thread. I do love the brightness and shape of the pear, but I think I am searching for a color with the richness of the cushion. I am so excited to be able to actually see the gems in person and then make my final choice. I will come back and start a new thread to share the eye candy after I receive the four Tsavorites :)
Thanks Again!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results