shape
carat
color
clarity

Example of a window

girlyglam

Shiny_Rock
I am no expert by any means, but I have picked up some bits of knowledge by hanging around PS. When I first got here, I had no idea what a window was, and even after it was explained, struggled to truly get it or see/identify it for a while. I would look at a stone and think, "I think that's a window...maybe...or maybe not." It took me a while to "get" it. Anyway, I just came across the best example of a window I've ever seen, so I thought I'd leave it here in case it helps anyone else out.

The stone is listed as a 10ct amethyst:
il_570xn_213.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seems like an example of a door.

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love it! That is a great example! Thanks for posting!

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You could read a newspaper through that. That's a perfect example, by the way.

girlyglam

Shiny_Rock
minousbijoux|1483744920|4113110 said:
Does it come with curtains? :lol:

Niel said:
Seems like an example of a door.

LOL!!! :lol:

I saw this while browsing etsy, and I had to click on it because I kind of couldn't believe it was real. It's kind of a shame too - before PS, I would have probably thought this stone looked kind of odd, but I wouldn't really have know just how bad the stone is. I can totally see someone purchasing it because it's such a large stone, and if I remember correctly, I think it was a pretty low price.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a bay window!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a crazy window. I cannot believe even before PS any of us would have bought that stone. And I have bought some really not good colored gems but this one I don't think I would have even considered even not knowing what a window was or looked like prePS. :o

Thanks for the great window example girlyglam and LOL to minous, Niel, Elliot and chatoyancy. That does need curtains and is a door and/or bay window and you could read a newspaper through it. :lol:

Though it does make a great learning tool for those teaching and learning about colored gems...

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Excellent example, thanks for sharing!

DK :))

indigoblue

Shiny_Rock
Does anyone remember the ring posted here that had such a huge window that the jeweler had set some diamonds behind it? When you looked at the ring from the front, you could see all of the little diamonds through the window. Supposedly the jeweler was trying to salvage a useless stone by making customers think that windows are a good thing.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
indigoblue|1483899050|4113539 said:
Does anyone remember the ring posted here that had such a huge window that the jeweler had set some diamonds behind it? When you looked at the ring from the front, you could see all of the little diamonds through the window. Supposedly the jeweler was trying to salvage a useless stone by making customers think that windows are a good thing.
It was a padparadscha, I think?

minousbijoux|1483744920|4113110 said:
Does it come with curtains? :lol:

Extra!

Now I finally understand what a window is. Sometimes in just don't see it, but with curtains, yes, that makes sense.

indigoblue

Shiny_Rock
Chrono|1484138754|4114307 said:
indigoblue|1483899050|4113539 said:
It was a padparadscha, I think?

Thanks, that helped me search for it:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/well-thats-one-way-to-handle-a-huge-window.196345/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/well-thats-one-way-to-handle-a-huge-window.196345/[/URL]

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results