shape
carat
color
clarity

The Forum Engagement Ring Folder/Eye Candy

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
OCmom3xboys » 21 Jan 2013 12:13

About a year ago, when I did my ering/wband reset, I had a bunch of tiny little stones left (about 1.09 ctw). During the holidays, I had stopped by jeweler to have my rings cleaned and I fell in love with a RHR they had on display. It was a 2 strands braided cocktail ring and I remembered about my stones sitting at home. Merry Christmas to me, I had the design modified to a 3 strands braided style. Here it is...

18k white gold
1.40 ctw (F-G, VS stones)
ring size 7

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-fun-rhr.184597/

oc.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
by adorezy » 02 Feb 2013 11:30

This is my first post on Price Scope.

Just got married in Paris 35 days ago, and everything was superb.

Coming back from honeymoon, my jeweler told me my new diamond ring was finished Here it is - a 2.356ct, M colour, SI 1, AGS 000.

Ashley at Solomon Brothers sourced it for me. Yes, it's an M. But I love the rich and vibrant colour. My engagement ring is a 1.73ct K, and after wearing it for a year, I was convinced that I could go down to M.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-year-newly-wed-and-a-new-ring.185081/

adore.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
katrinab » 25 Feb 2013 22:00

My FI did very well to surprise me with a proposal on the weekend He took me to Matapaua Bay (little known bay in the Coromandel, here in New Zealand) and proposed on the top of the hill overlooking the beautiful bay and islands. It was already kind of a special spot to us but now it is extra special! http://www.coromandelbeaches.co.nz/beaches/matapaua_bay

On to the ring! I chose and designed the ring and we had it made by a jeweler we know and trust. It is completely hand made in platinum, XXX 0.615ct centre round brilliant G SI2 (eyeclean) with 0.10ct each straight baguettes. I asked to have the diamonds set as low as possible and I'm very happy with the result.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/finally-my-ring-round-with-straight-baguettes.186114/

katrina.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
donnabrsd » 04 Mar 2013 13:13

My 8-month earring journey is over.

Thanks to Whiteflash for being "the best" while I found the right studs for me. They provided outstanding customer service along with fabulous diamond quality and remarkable workmanship.

Also, thanks to Yssie for her approval to use her 8-prong crown settings (also made by WF) as inspiration for my 6-prong version.

Diamonds are 1.585 and 1.564 I VS2 A Cut Above.

Please feel free to skip to the photos. Following is my journey recap...

Last June, I had a plan to recut my 2ctw diamond studs and get jackets.

I sent out my studs to get recut and the whole process was long and aggravating; the recut evaluation, the actual recut, and waiting for quotes on the settings & jackets. I had the recut diamonds sent back to me unset.

In the meantime, I tried another vendor to get a quote on jackets with no response after 3 attempts to contact them.

I went to local jewelers and had no luck finding what I wanted.

After 5 months with no studs, I contacted Whiteflash to purchase new studs.

I received 3.4ctw (1.7ct each) I color ACA’s in 6-prong martini settings. They were beautiful. But, they were a little too big. When I looked into the mirror, I could not see the edge of my earlobe and that bothered me.

The next pair was 2.6ctw (1.3ct each) H color Expert Selection in 6-prong martini settings. They were really the perfect size for my earlobe and they were beautiful. I just did not love them immediately and the settings sat too deep into my ear because I tend to push backs on tight.

At first, I was planning on keeping the same size diamonds and trying a different setting. Then, Whiteflash got in some new diamonds and I ended up increasing the size.

I have had them for two days and I am super happy! They are the right combination of size and setting type for me.

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...tom-whiteflash-6-prong-crown-settings.186405/

donna.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
ylapis » 01 Mar 2013 22:57

After much debate, I finally decided to reset my ring. I loved my old setting, but I didn't think it was showing off the diamond as well as it could. I started my hunt for my dream setting in January by getting inspiration from the lovely rings I've seen on here. Of course I would have loved to have my setting done by the several vendors that everyone gushes about (and rightly so), but as we are both grad students spending thousands of dollars on a setting was way, way out of our price range. I took several pictures for inspiration to my awesome local jeweler who listened to my crazy demands (30 degree halo, no metal showing, no "bulkiness", split shank going into a single band).

I finally received my ring and I'm in love! The main comment I get is that people can now appreciate the diamond since it isn't as obstructed. I can't believe how much more fire it has now! The pictures are pretty crummy from my cell (I wish I could get the actual diamond to not look as blurry because its an amazing cut), and the fact that it was taken in an office, but they will do for now.

Diamond Stats:
1.51 SI1 (eye clean)
I color
Ring Size 4.5

OLD SETTING

The attachment 20121025_1.jpg is no longer available

NEW SETTING

The attachment 20121025_1.jpg is no longer available

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/cushion-split-shank-halo-reset.186328/

ylapis.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
swimgirl5 » 23 Feb 2013 10:00

Long time lurker de-lurking to share my new ring! My original engagement ring (Tiffany Legacy Ornate) and band were stolen about a month ago and I knew I wanted a more simple setting this time around.

I worked with Perry at Leon Mege to find an antique style cushion and he was great to work with. Unfortunately, he didn't have anything that matched the specs I wanted (over 2.5ct, F color, VS1). Luckily Chris at ERD had the perfect stone for me! It is a 2.58 F VS1 Old Mine Cushion.

Then, I had to decide who to go to for the setting. I knew I wanted an extremely delicate solitaire setting (since I have a size 3 finger) with a touch of micropave and after combing through other's pictures on pricescope, I knew Victor was the one to go to. I decided on the Alaria solitaire with flush stems without any cathedral. I just love the pave on the basket, such an unexpected surprise! The turn around time was amazing, 3 weeks Here is the video from Victor: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJELPdixJuA&list=UUjKUkZZv7JZaLvAAGWUQBaw&index=1

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...a-solitaire-with-erd-old-mine-cushion.186000/

swimgirl.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
liaerfbv » 28 Feb 2013 10:00

So although I don't post very much, I've been an avid PS reader since around 2006, when my then-boyfriend (now DH) and I started talking about getting married. My very first engagement ring was a 1.31 G SI1 (a family stone that was very special to us), set in a temporary TIffany replica setting. I wore that for several years, and then we had a custom setting commissioned by my husband's family jeweler, and I wore that with great happiness for a few years until I unfortunately lost the ring during a move in September 2012.

Thankfully, the ring was insured... I will spare you all the gory details, but 3 vendors later, I happily ended up working with Erica at JbEG -- who as you all know is a DREAM. She helped me choose a beautiful diamond, gave me the sale price on it after the sale had ended, talked me through my metal choice dilemma for the setting, and answered all of my emails and questions so promptly and nicely. I know every review I read about JbEG (and I read them allllll before deciding to go with them) was glowing, but I really cannot recommend them enough.

So without further adieu, here are pics of my glorious Julia!! Erica was kind enough to hold it for me while the ring was finished during our vacation overseas, and sent it to me BRIGHT and early (I'm talking 8am delivery!) on the Saturday we got back! What a present to come home to!! I am so obsessed with it, and of course, the pictures do not do it justice!

Specs:
2.20ct OEC EGL N/O 8.2mm
I forget the exact clarity, but I think it's VS1. It's 100% eye clean.
I wear a size 7 ring.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-julia-by-jbeg-is-here.186216/

_4426.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
by missy » 31 Jan 2013 20:40

DH for getting me the most gorgeous ring I have ever seen!!!!! I am in love with him and my new ring!

It's dark here so pics were a bit difficult and not the best but I didn't want to wait to share my new oec with my fellow PSers who have been so helpful every step of the way! So a big thank you to everyone here and another big thank you to Adam who has been a real doll and so amazing in getting me truly the ring of my wildest dreams!

Without further ado may I present my sweet little girl Beatrice aka Bea...
(and Adam thoughtfully inscribed a little surprise inside the band for me...just another example of how wonderful he is. He made it the perfect experience for us-he really did).

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/l-is-for-so-in-love-with-my.185018/

missy.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
samson01 » 25 Feb 2013 03:41

Bit of a delay between proposing and posting but better late than never...

I proposed to my now fiancee just before Christmas with a beautiful ring made possible by Yekutiel at IDJ. He found me the perfect GIA graded stone, I couldn't have asked for anything more. I decided in the end to stick with the simple Vatche U113 setting in platinum and went with the 90/10 mix as recommended here on PS.

Just wanted to say a big thank you to Yekutiel! Nothing was too much of a bother, he responded to all of my emails promptly and even helped coordinate paperwork so the ring properly qualified for AUSFTA upon arrival here into Australia. The ring was also made and delivered super quickly... I wasn't even originally planning on being organised enough to propose before Christmas but Yekutiel obviously had other ideas.

I also want to say a huge thank you to everyone here on PS. The information on this site was invaluable to this whole process.

Needless to say my fiancee absolutely loves her ring. It looks perfect on her finger and we can't wait to pick out a wedding band together.

Here are the stats:
Carat: 1.50
Colour: G
Clarity: SI1 eyeclean
Cut/Polish/Symmetry: Excellent/Excellent/Excellent
Fluorescence: Medium blue
Finger size: 4.75 (J here in Australia)

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/1-5ct-rb-in-vatche-u113-thankyou-idj.186072/

_4427.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
veronikan » 02 Mar 2013 19:20

Hello!! I'm so excited to share my newly purchased engagement ring from Blue Nile with you! My husband originally proposed to me with a very simple round solitaire and we decided to upgrade to a different stone (the princess is more me) as well as a vintage/ornate setting. I'm in love! The fire is incredible... even in low light the center and side stones sparkle beautifully.

Blue Nile (Specs)
Carat weight: 0.47
Cut: Signature Ideal
Colour: G
Clarity: VVS2
Depth: 71.7%
Table:69%
Polish:Very Good
Symmetry: Excellent
Measurements: 4.36 x 4.35 x 3.11 mm
Ring Size: 4.5

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/yay-my-princess-cut-engagement-ring-arrived.186347/

veroni.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
pinkprashu » 26 Feb 2013 19:49

I cannot be more excited....I am going to receive my Ering upgrade in Vatche U113 setting tomorrow. Some of you have been following my story so I will not bore you with the details.

It is a 2.6 CT J SI2 GIA Triple Ex diamond in a Vatche U113 setting size 5.5 in Plat 900.

Yekutiel is super great....I don't believe anyone else can take better care of a customer than him and trust me I have worked with some of the best vendors here but he beats everybody....He add a human element to purchasing something unseen...I cannot recommend him enough.

He told me that Vatche would need 2 weeks for the setting but he outdid himself and had it done is 12 days. He knows that he cannot take good pictures so he sent me a video to help me with the wait until tomorrow.

Here it goes....
http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=2w66nv8&s=7

I will post pics of the actual ring when I receive it tomorrow.

I will also receive my tiffany 3 mm channel set band(0.93 CTW) tomorrow as well. Cannot wait for that either.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/suuuuupppeeer-excited-idj-vatche-2-6-ct-upgrade.186153/

_4428.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
BlingDreamer » 26 Feb 2013 14:32

Hi everyone,

Long time lurker here, first time posting and thought I'd share my absolutely amazing recent experience. I know many here on PS are die hard diamond connoisseurs, I'm not one of them, although I truly wish I had the budget to be one! I thought I'd post this as some people, like me, are looking for a great bang for their buck and can feel uneasy about an online purchase that doesn't meet all the "you should do" that we read (never buy a fancy cut unseen, don't buy an EGL Israel sight unseen, but really, stay away all together, buy H color or better, vendor's eye clean isn't your definition of eye clean, etc).

I'm sorry for the length of the post, but I wanted to put my buying experience out there for other lurkers out there! I lost many night's sleep over this purchase.

I'm in the process of designing a new ring and wanted a large marquise with the following criteria:
- dimensions of at least 12x6, preferably larger
- L/W ratio of 1.8-2 with a preference on the fatter side of things
- eye clean (could be the "perfect" value I1 for all I cared, but had to be eye clean)
- faces up white without drawing in much color, "warm white" is acceptable to me
- mild/light bow tie, nothing obvious, I really wanted a great cut.

I didn't care who certified the diamond, I was buying the diamond, not the certificate, and I ruled nothing out.

My personal feeling on EGL Israel, they're uncertified stones, someone has put a crap piece of paper on them to get them on the online market or into shady retailers who will insist it is a certain color/clarity because the certificate says so. Buyer beware. I know most would say run away as fast as you can. I had no illusions that any EGL Israel stone was going to be accurate, although I did expect the measurements and carat weight to be accurate. Any item where there could be judgment (color, clarity, fluorescence), I expected it to be inconsistent with GIA standards.

I kept searching and searching on PS and found the following with Solomon Brothers:
1.9 carat, marquise diamond, G/VS2, 12.42x6.69x3.89, slight blue fluorescence, EGL Israel, L/W 1.86, excellent symmetry, excellent polish, medium girdle, 62% table, 57.7% depth.

Hmmm...sounds interesting. I figured if EGL Israel held true (which is an oxymoron itself) this would be a J/SI2. I was hoping it would be eye clean (given the VS2) and would face up nicely (hence the G color rating). I popped off a note and was quickly replied to by Rami Hachamoff at Solomon Brothers. He told me the certificate would tell me nothing and immediately offered to get the stone on hand so he could assess it himself. Okay, what do I have to lose?

Stone is on hand with Rami in less than a week later and I get the following report from Rami:
Ratio is shape is near perfect MQ. Diamond is super bright and has a very nice luster. Inclusions are not visible (to the eye) diamond is 100% eye clean. As an EGL, its not a pure G - but the face up is very nice and in my opinion, a true "near colorless" gem. Bowtie is an effect from cutting longer gems, however, its not so prevalent.

We also spoke on the phone immediately after this message while he looked at the diamond some more and he figured GIA would call it an I/SI1, borderline J but it faces up without drawing in much color and the bow tie was not obvious. He said it was a great gem for the money.

He sent me oodles of pictures, laid it in a ring setting for me, close up shots on different backgrounds, whatever I wanted and was very patient through all the emails and phone calls. Some pictures were amazing, some, I have to be honest, the diamond did not look so hot.

I made the plunge and decided to purchase it. I was going to put my faith in Rami's hands and his professional judgetment. n There's a 25 day return policy, so I had nothing to lose. The only issue I have is that I'm in Canada with no way to get adequate insurance to return it if I wasn't in love with it. Rami arranged to have it sent (at my request) to the nearest FedEx location in the US that would hold for pickup. We headed out on the six hour drive.

We arrive the night before so I am at FedEx as they're unlocking the front door I run out to my car and rip open the packaging. Rami has everything packaged so that if I wanted to return it, the return label, packaging, etc, is all ready for me (a very, very nice touch given he knew the circumstances).

I was completely prepared that this was going back, not on your life!

Right now it's in a temporary setting while I save for the new setting and decide for sure what I'm going to do. Here's the hand shot on my 4.5 finger!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-marquise-diamond-ring.186139/

_4429.jpg

_4430.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
GoldFish8 » 28 Sep 2012 15:59

Hello All, this is my first post (although I have been stalking this sight and all of your beautiful bling for quite a while now). Just thought it was time to post some pics of my own. Here is my new engagement cushion! I absolutely adore it, and am beyond impressed that my FI did it all on his own (VERY IMPRESSED!!! )

It is a 3.01 carats Modified Cushion Brilliant center stone. G color and VS1 clarity. ( 8.69 x 7.63 x 5.14 ) My ring size is between 5.75 - 6. The ring is sized a little loose at 6.

I will soon start looking for a wedding band to go with my ring, although I am finding it quite difficult to come up with ideas because of the rather unique 3-band style of my ring. So far I am thinking an eternity band with asscher diamonds ( between 3-4 cts ) but not sure if that will look right. I know I want the band to be a bit substantial. Any ideas would be much appreciated!

For now here are a few pics of my beautiful girl!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-3-01-cushion.180361/

goldf.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Enerchi » 16 Nov 2012 17:59

AH!!! I am sooo in love with this stone and setting!!! At the suggestion of some very clever PSers (Diamondseeker, MissGotRocks and PM's from others...) I am going to start a new thread that is exclusive to my new little baby! Hope no one minds....

Thank you everyone for the wonderful comments on my original thread ( [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/nyc-visit-to-idj-setting-search-for-my-q-r-oec.181561/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/nyc-visit-to-idj-setting-search-for-my-q-r-oec.181561/[/URL] ) and I'm THRILLED and EXCITED that she made JEWEL OF THE WEEK ON PS!!! WOO HOO!!!!!!!

Just home today from LV and gave all my treasures a post Vegas bath. Contrary to the belief "what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas", I wanted to get the dust, grime, "gunk" off and start fresh at home! Sadly, I noticed a melee diamond is missing! YIKES! I just noticed it today but when I uploaded the pics, I can see it was gone on the first day (some of the earlier flower shots) so I've sent Yekutiel and Luann an email and will await further direction.

Other than that super minor blip in the road - I am VERY happy with my gorgeous ring! It was sourced with the help of Dreamer and I am so grateful for her advice and direction to select the perfect stone and guide me thru the purchase and negotiation process --- THANK YOU DREAMER!!! Without you, there would be no thread!

The final setting was the culmination of hunting thru many settings while in NYC (during Hurricane Sandy, no less!) at LJN, DBL and IDJ. Bonus was at IDJ, we met up with Dougsgirl!! (WOO HOO - what a GIGANTIC help she was - very common sense, practical advise - I was all over the place, but she really helped me focus and narrow it down - THANK YOU DG! )

So the setting is size 8, 18 kt WG, 1.68 ct OEC Q/R colour, VS2 clarity with side diamonds of .51 ctw FG colour, SI1 clarity and valued at a WHOLE WHACK MORE than what I paid for the components! YIKES

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/3-3-enerchis-completed-oec-set-by-idj-3-3.181985/

ener.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
katiedid » 15 Nov 2012 14:05

I can barely contain myself. My ring was completed and will ship in time for me to get it a week earlier than I had anticipated! I will have it tomorrow and will post hand shots, but probably won't get to them for a couple of days. My hubby and I want to open it together, so we're having lunch tomorrow before I head out of town for the night. I'm running a road race on Saturday and obviously don't want to wear this gorgeous thing to that, so I will leave it safe at home. I can't stand the idea of having to take it off right after getting it, but I'll take that trade-off to get it in time to show it off to my family next week at Thanksgiving!

I'm attaching some of the Whiteflash photos - Becca is one amazing photographer. I want to say thanks to the team I worked with there - Sheerah, Vera, Leon and Becca. Fantastic group of people who go above and beyond to make their customers happy! They accomodated every request I had along the way.

For those interested, stats:
size 5
platinum
1.53 ctw (each stone either .305 or .308)
all F, VS2

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-wf-5-stone-trellis-ring-a-week-early.181935/

katie.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
mjertl » 18 Nov 2012 18:19

Hi! I've been engaged for just over a year now, and back when my fiance and I were ring shopping this site was incredibly helpful in educating us about diamonds (making us considerably more educated on the topic than the people trying to sell us the stones at a few stores we went to (and promptly left)...)

Anyway, I posted one or two bad pictures of my ring right after I got engaged, but I finally have some decent pictures of it now courtesy of our engagement pictures (thank you Woodnote Photography!). I figured I'd post them, in case anyone is interested. The setting is a little scratched and dinged, as it has been worn pretty much 100% of the time for the last year, on many an adventure down rivers and up mountains, through jungles and in oceans (and also while doing boring things like dishes...). I know I should probably take it off for some of those things, but it is well-loved and makes me smile every time I look at it!

As for the details of the ring...
I knew I wanted something a little different for my stone. I decided I liked the look of an oval, and after looking at probably at least 50 of them I fell in love with this one. Some were larger or whiter but none sparkled more brightly and with so little "bow tie." It is a 1.00 ct (7.99 x 6.12 x 3.09) G SI1 (GIA). I have a very good eye, and even while looking at the certificate I cannot find the inclusions with my naked eye.
As for the setting, we had it made by a local jeweler because I couldn't find anything around here that was anything like what I was interested in. I knew I wanted a low-set bezel setting because I love the clean lines and didn't want to deal with the ring getting snagged on anything (I'm a pretty active girl). I also didn't want the ring to look overly modern, just clean and timeless, so I went with an open cathedral profile. My fiance suggested setting the ring "sideways," which gave the stone (I think) the impression of more finger coverage on my size 9 sausages! I loved the creaminess of unplated white gold, so that is the metal (14k wg-palladium alloy).

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-east-west-oval-bezel-e-ring.182051/

mj.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
jancaric » 19 Oct 2012 12:35

So, my ring journey has unfortunately been pretty difficult over the last several years. Here's the story if you have time to read before getting to my new Blue...

My now husband proposed in Napa Valley around our two year anniversary in April of 2008 with a beautiful, custom designed platinum setting with 3-sided micropave & milgrain. It was also eternity and had embellished prongs. Basically the entire thing was diamonds. The main stone was a 1.62ct HOF, I, VS1. I do not think the designer realized this when making the ring but having the entire thing full of little holes seemed to make it even more malleable and within the first month of having it, the ring was shaped like an oval, the milgrain was all messed up on the inside of my hand, and I even broke one of the pave stones! Very upsetting for a newly engaged girl! I took it in to be repaired but quickly decided I should get a more durable setting for daily wear. I kept that setting and picked out a black pearl on our honeymoon to put in it and now wear that as a pendant.

The next setting was the HOF Felicity Ribbon setting ([URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-hof-rings-nothing-really-new-just-consolidating.112818/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-hof-rings-nothing-really-new-just-consolidating.112818/[/URL]). All shared prong set this time and no diamonds on the inside of the band (3/4 around though). After having this setting since October of 2008, this summer I noticed that one of the first diamonds on the inside of the band was "dead". Unfortunately, the original jeweler I purchased it from was no longer in business so I took it to another authorized Hearts on Fire dealer in Chicago to help. They sent the ring back to HOF and called me shortly after to inform me that I not only had 1 broken stone, there were EIGHT cracked/chipped/broken stones To boot, the repair was going to be over $700. What was I going to do though? I sucked it up and had them fix it. After about 3 weeks of my ring being gone, I finally got it back in what I thought was "like new" condition.

Fast forward 3.5 weeks. I had been wearing my ring as usual and looked down one morning to see 3 of the newly repaired stones were MISSING I had NEVER lost a stone before the repair. I also hadn't even left my house the day before I noticed the missing stones so it's not like I was doing anything unusual! Of course, I ran my butt back over to the authorized HOF dealer and they returned the ring to HOF for help.

After waiting another 2 weeks for information (and sending them all of my diamond/ring documentation immediately when requested), I was told that the ring was compromised by the original jeweler who sold it to me and was "beyond repair"! I could not believe this. Basically, I was told I had to get a new setting...AGAIN. I honestly couldn't believe HOF acting like this and was totally furious with them. They returned the ring untouched and I went into the jeweler once more to look at various settings by Tacori & HOF as well as a potentially bigger stone (always dreamt of a 2ct) but PS has made me VERY picky and all of the stones I was showed looked too yellow to me....even a 2ct, I color HOF (which was the prettiest but I didn't want any more HOF stuff!) Setting-wise, I was really concerned with more pave or shared prong detail as you can imagine but I really didn't want to lose the detail. Sigh. I told them to send my ring BACK to HOF and MAKE them fix it.

After another week of waiting, I finally heard back that HOF was remaking me an entirely new version of my setting at no cost to me BUT, this still didn't change the fact that I felt very jerked around for many weeks AND am still concerned about the durability of the setting going forward. Thus, I still planned to change the setting. And if I am going to spend the $ to get a new "dream" setting, I also want my dream "stone". Oh my, brig project here we come. My poor husband.

After HOURS of browsing settings online, trying them on in stores, and changing my mind several times on what I thought I wanted, I fell in love with Michael M's R399 (http://www.michaelmcollection.com/Engagement-rings/Vercelli/default.asp?Style=R399). The store I tried it on at assured me that because the stones are channel & bezel set, they should be much safer than my previous settings. I am not in love with the bulky prongs at the top so they plan to thin them into double-claws for me when setting my stone.

Now some of you may have seen me looking for help on Rocky Talky trying to decide between stones. I originally wanted to go with WF because I had always wanted an ACA and really like their return/upgrade policy. But there is something about the Brian Gavin Blues that kept pulling me back in that direction even though BG seems a bit pricier. BG didn't have the exact size I was targeting (2.2ct) but did have a 2.113ct which I figured was close enough (until awful PS DSS sets in anyway, jk ). And even though I can get a 2.3ct ACA with the same specs and no fluor from WF for the exact same $, I just think there is something so special about the fluor....especially in an I color. I received the BG Blue this week http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond-details/2.113-i-vs2-round-diamond-ags-bl-104061006027

Wowza. I think it's the most beautiful stone I've ever seen and is SO white....a couple shades whiter than my grandmother's 1.09ct, F, VS2 that I have. I still am curious to see the WF one as it is .2mm bigger and the market says it is worth more but I honestly cannot believe how crisp this BG Blue is. Thus, first thing I did was....you guessed it....PHOTO SHOOT! I tried to catch some sun shots of the flour but it really isn't terribly noticeable to me (I was worried the SBF would make it too blue-purple in the sun). I actually think it is way prettier than my HOF stone which of course demands a ridiculous premium. Anyone who is considering a BG Blue....I assure you that you will not be disappointed. This one is spectacular.

Without further ado....here are the pics! Thanks for reading and I'll post again when the final product is complete

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...th-2-113-i-vs2-brian-gavin-blue-w-sbf.181033/

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Resonance.Of.Life » 13 Oct 2012 19:59

Well... after losing my original engagement ring (1.07 J I1 AVC [completely eye-clean]), I decided I wanted a true antique since the itch was never really scratched with the AVC. Erica and Grace were such dolls, after I pestered them to death about finding a suitable replacement, and even after that.. bugging them endlessly about when my ring would be done. After the CADs were approved, it only took 2 1/2 weeks to complete ! Thank you so much, JBEG!

3.48 O/P VS1 Antique Cushion
9.21 mm X 8.88 mm

18k rose gold halo and platinum for the shank and gallery.

Sized for 4.25 with sizing beads (I am a sixe 3.5/3.75 but size up to stack bands)

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/3-48-carat-antique-cushion-in-bella-halo.180831/

res.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Loves Vintage » 12 Nov 2012 13:42

I joined the Barbara OEC pendant club! I sourced the OEC from a friendly OEC expert on PS! I've always loved BGD's Barbara pendant. And, I felt in love with a special vintage'y looking chain that the lovely Grace from JBEG was able to get for me. I have to take some photos of my own (have to clean the toddler prints off of the stone first!), but thought I could get a little thread started for my new little pendant! The stone is .73. I do not have any other stats, but she is a lovely stone!

https://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/oec-bgd-jbeg-lv-s-new-pendant-t181782-30.html

loves.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
ringstake2 » 16 Nov 2012 22:05

My ring has finally arrived! I was nervous about it for the past two week. I actually discovered this site after I ordered my ring so all I thought about was clarity, cut, color and carat size. After learning all that goes into picking a good diamond I became nervous that I might not have picked the best one. I am thrilled with what I got!

Stats:
SI1 clarity
F - color
Very good cut
.92 carats
Strong blue fluorescence
The band is 2mm. I wear an 8 an live the dainty look so I feared my fingers would be too plump to pull it off but I think it looks great!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/bluenile-ring-has-arrived.181994/

_4440.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
mom2boys » 13 Nov 2012 15:39

After waiting with much anticipation, my 4.35 ctw (2.23 I SI-1 ACA + 2.12 I SI-1 ACA) Whiteflash diamond 6 prong martini studs are finally here! DH was kind enough to get my combined 15th Anniversary/Christmas/B-day gift early this year!

My WF ACA's sparkle so brightly that they mask any color! These SI-1's are so eye clean, too. I am very pleased that I was able to save some $$$ by going down in color and clarity!

As for the setting, I love the look of this 6 prong martini style! WF set them very low and the jumbo backs keep the studs nice and perky! The posts were made slightly thicker and double notched for extra security, too! They should definitely make them stock settings for the future!

Finally, I want to give special thanks to everyone at WF (Debi, Traci, Vera, Leon, etc...) for making this all possible! Also, to PS'er's DS and Yssie for their input and guidance!

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...teflash-diamond-6-prong-martini-studs.181840/

_4441.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
mustangsally » 17 Nov 2012 16:18

Hi - I'm a bit of a lurker on these boards and have learned so much from reading about everyone's jewellery journeys so thought I would show off a new pair of studs for my mum.

I bought my mum a pair of WF jackets earlier in the year to thank her for all her help in planning my wedding but unfortunately they were so white and sparkly that they rather showed up her old studs...so she had been looking at replacing her studs and last month, I took the plunge and upgraded them to a new pair of ACAs from WF for her.

She very much liked the airline between the jackets and studs, so the studs are 0.65ctw in order to maintain that look that she likes. They are G in colour and SI1 in clarity but eye clean and they haven't stopped sparkling since she took them out of the box!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/mums-new-wf-studs-and-jackets.182015/

_4442.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results