shape
carat
color
clarity

The Forum Engagement Ring Folder/Eye Candy

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
JoeyL23 » 04 Sep 2012 20:18

I recently had an Emilia Halo created by Victor Canera. The process was extremely smooth. We exchanged over 50 emails back and forth in order to get the design precisely right. He gave me an estimate of 5-8 weeks for completion and the finished product was done in 4 weeks. The ring is amazing, setting is beautiful, and attention to detail is impecible. Pictures cannot do it justice. Feel free to message me with questions. I am happy to recommend Victor Canera to anyone!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/victor-canera-ring.179471/

joeyl.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
alisonia333 » 01 Sep 2012 23:02

Hi guys,

I have been lurking around ever since my BF and I got engaged. I am currently waiting for a proper proposal with the ring I designed. I will do a whole post on that. I snapped some quick pics of my Mom's 5 stone diamond and platinum ring which was my Grandmother's custom design. I apologize for the quality of the pics and the quality of my nails! I wasn't planning on displaying these pictures when I took them, but since I don't have the ring and wanted to post it, I thought these would be better than nothing. I'm afraid I don't know the stats on the ring since my mother hasn't had it appraised (I've tried telling her what a mistake this is, especially for insurance reasons). I also don't know the size of my middle finger. My ring finger is a size 4.5 and I can fit a size 5 ring that I have on my middle finger, but it's really tight and I wouldn't wear that size, if that gives any perspective. These pictures were taken outside on a partly cloudy/partly sunny day.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-mothers-c-1940s-5-stone-ring.179386/

alison.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
jeweln » 07 Sep 2012 16:23

Hello PSers ,
usually I am a lurker but I had to share .I bought a 1 ct AVR K/SI2 last month from GOG .then sent it off to BGD to be set in an Adwar halo ring with their signature 1.5 pointer melee . I got it today and love it ! high polish 18 kt WG ,claw prongs .the ring is very bright and sparkly

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/avr-set-by-bgd.179576/

jeweln.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
two_little_birds » 12 Sep 2012 11:00

Received my upgraded e-ring on Monday morning. We are both thrilled with it beyond words, it truly is a stunning stone. I was going to have the band re-set (as per my previous post) but now I'm not so sure - I'm partial to solitaire settings, so will have to give it more thought.

Now on to the details:

Shape: Princess
Carat weight: 1.91
Cut: Excellent
Color: I
Clarity: VS1
Certificate: GIA
Depth: 72%
Table: 71%
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Very Good
Girdle: Slightly Thick
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 6.88*6.77*4.87
Ratio: 1.01
Ring Size: 8

[url=https://www.pricescope.com/co...-princess-cut-sharing-hand-shots-more.179738/[/URL][/url]

twolittle.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
lusting » 01 Sep 2012 02:30

Hi All,

I am a lurker rather than a poster but have learned so much from you all, and have so enjoyed lusting after your beauties from afar (hence the username ), so I thought I would share my engagement ring. The ring was a custom piece by a jeweller in Melbourne, Australia (where I live). The setting is platinum and completely hand-forged. After selecting the diamond I gave some guidelines to what I wanted in the setting, ie. cathedral setting, band as thin as possible without compromising on durability too much, and 3-prongs (with underbezel) which were also as small as possible while still being safe, and overall a simple, elegant and delicate design. Other than that I let the jeweller interpret that as he would and do what he thought would best showcase the diamond. From then I didn't see the ring until the proposal, and for us this was the perfect compromise. The diamond looked even better set than it did loose, and overall the ring turned out better than I had imagined it. To give you some perspective, I can't remember exactly what my finger size is but it is around 4 (small I know, and yes I know how lucky I am!).

Specs (GIA certified):
Pear brilliant
0.5 carat
Meaurements: 6.73 x 4.46 x 2.91 mm (this gave it a length to width ratio of 1.5:1, which was exactly the proportions I was after)
D colour
SI 1 (crystal (white), completely eye-clean)
Very good polish and symmetry
No fluorescence

Girdle: Medium-very thick (faceted)
Table: 62%
Depth: 65.2%
Culet: none

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/meet-my-engagement-pear.179368/

lusting.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
hathalove » 07 Sep 2012 14:28

I am so excited to share my new birthday rings! I announced one a while ago but didn't have pics so here they both are:)

First my new pink sapphire eternity in rose gold from blue nile. Then second is my almost new BGD blue sapphire and diamond eternity ring from pricescope's very own preloved forum!! Huge thank you to @katiedid for all the communication to insure a seemless transaction. I hope that is ok to say here:)

I am fairly new to pricescope and posting pics so please be easy on my iphone photos. lol Not quite sure how I am wearing them yet. Feel free to throw in some opinions. The gold bands (one yellow and one white) were gifts too so I want to wear them all. I know some will cringe at the mixed metals but it works for me:)

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...reloved-and-my-new-bluenile-pink-ring.179572/

hatha.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
lisamarie » 15 Sep 2012 19:17

I just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone on Pricescope for helping me with the perfect engagement ring. I don't post much but I read the forums a lot and have learned so much from so many of you. I've been engaged for over a month now so I apologize for just getting around to posting photos.

Without futher ado, here we go!

It's a 1.55 G VS2. Here is the GOG link: http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/9029 It's perfection!

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...mege-401-setting-thanks-to-pricescope.179868/

_4415.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
by GingerKaBluey » 17 Sep 2012 15:31

Hi All! I am a lurker on this forum and this is my first time posting. I am a regular poster on "another jewelry forum" though. I wanted to share my new five stone ACC ring with pink diamond halo made by David Klass with you all because I feel it deserves it!

This ring is highly inspired by the version that LM makes of this ring, but with a smooth shank and my own design for the profile. Three of the diamonds were acquired by JbEG and the two smallest from Adam at OWD. They all go perfectly together and I could not be happier with them or ring in general. David did a fantastic job on the setting and I couldn't imagine loving it more. It will mostly be worn as a RHR.

All of the diamonds have a beautiful high crown and medium/large culets, which I love. The fluorescence in two of the diamonds is fun in direct sunlight and helps all of them look closer to the same color. Thank you to Jbeg for finding me the perfect main diamonds for this project and Adam for finding the perfectly matched smallest diamonds that go so well with the Jbeg diamonds. Thank you to David Klass for making this dream ring come true for me.

Stats:
Center diamond - elongated ACC EGL scan pending to N-O color, VS2 clarity.
Measures 6.34 x 5.49 x 4.64
Medium Blue fluorescence

Middle stones - ACC 4.45 x 4.47 x 3.50 and
4.60 x 4.56 x 3.60 about K in color and VS2. One has strong blue fluorescence.

Smallest stones - Each ACC about 3.4-3.5mm (don't have exact measurements yet) J/VS2-SI1 I think

Shank is solid 14k unplated white gold & halo 14k rose gold weighing 5.2 grams with .45cts of natural 1.1m pink diamonds, size 7.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/five-stone-acc-with-pink-halo.179924/

_4416.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
alisonia333 » 16 Sep 2012 17:37

Hi everyone!

I just totally deleted my whole engagement story by mistake! Ahh! I'm going to make a long story short: my long time boyfriend proposed with a ring that I designed with a highly recommended local jeweler (Brown Goldsmith, Freeport, ME). I used a diamond that has been in my family for close to 120 years. My grandmother got it from her mother and turned it into a beautiful platinum brooch with 33 other 23 point OECs. I'll post a picture of it. The stone is lousy on paper, but so beautiful in real life!! My pictures don't really do it justice. I didn't know exactly when the ring would be ready, but I've been nagging my FI about if for weeks! This weekend I asked him to please just tell me when and he said he was sorry but they were still setting the stones and it definitely wasn't this weekend. I was crestfallen, and had already been waiting 5 weeks (well, 5.5 years plus 5 weeks!). Today we were leaving for brunch at our favorite spot and I went to grab my purse, but it was open and wouldn't close. I looked inside and saw a little black box. My FI took it from me, got down on one knee in our kitchen and asked if I would make him the happiest man alive and marry him. Then he opened the box backwards with the ring facing him!! It was so cute. Of course I said yes (technically we had already been engaged for a couple months without a ring) and I was totally blown away by my ring. It's so beautiful!! I know everybody on pricescope has a round halo, but nobody I know in real life does, so it's really special to me! My grandma would be super happy with it. Here are the stats on the center stone, they're horrible, but the stone is so gorgeous and you don't have to take my word for it!

Shape and Cut: Old European
Measurements: 7.35 x 7.13 x 4.42 mm
Weight: 1.50 carats
Proportions: Fair
Depth: 61.0%
Table: 41.6%
Girdle: Thin to thick; average slightly thick
Culet: Extremely large
Finish
Polish: Good
Symmetry: Fair
Clarity: I-1
Comments: Feather on girdle extends approximately 3 mm.
Color: K, brownish
Fluorescence: None (lw), none (sw)

I can see the feather on the girdle from the side from a few inches away. I can't see any visible inclusions looking at it further than a few inches away and there's nothing visible from the top. I was surprised that the clarity was that low, but he said it's just because of the feather on the girdle and the rest of the stone is super clean. The stone doesn't look yellow at all and definitely not brown! I took lots of pictures, so judge the K color for yourself, but it faces up really white to my eye. The melee is G and there isn't a very noticeable difference. The cut is really beautiful and throws off these beautiful chunks of fire. The ring is gorgeous and it's exactly the delicate halo I wanted. The shank is 2.0mm, 21 full cut 3/4 of a point bead-set melee make up the halo and 18 full cut 1 pointers are prong-set into the airline shank. I thought about doing larger melee, but I loved the look of a really subtle, delicate halo with the stone being the star of the show and not adding too much size to my tiny finger (I know, crazy, but I'm a simple girl). The ring is size 4.5, but it's fairly easy to remove from my summer swollen finger and I'm losing weight so I may need to size it down this winter when I'm thinner and colder!

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...irloom-stone-in-a-new-engagement-ring.179892/

alison3.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
lvnut » 26 Sep 2012 18:06

I don't post very often...but I wanted to post my new ring from ID Jewelry which also happens to be my first online purchase! I was looking for a band to wear during the day instead of my regular wedding ring. After searching my normal places and trying to figure out what I wanted, I checked in here one day and read some great reviews on ID Jewelry. I had finally figured out what I wanted...sent some pics to Luann and spoke to her on the phone. I ordered it and hoped for the best. I couldn't be happier! It is not only exactly what I wanted it is even better in person!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-id-jewelry-pave-diamond-band.180279/

lvnt.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
by Kalota » 29 Sep 2012 23:38

I just wanted to see what people think of my engagement ring, I got it a few weeks ago and I think it's taken me while to start to grow to like it (not what I was originally thinking of getting, plus it is very big on my small hand) - so I wanted to see what others think of it!

It is a three stone ring that we had custom made with antique rose cut diamonds from my great grandmother's engagement ring.

The middle diamond is .5, and the side diamonds are around .3.

I guess I am pretty happy with it, the only thing that really bothers me is that after less than a week of wearing it, the palm side of the 18ct white gold band is heavily scratched, even though I've been very careful with it, but I guess this is just normal wear and tear.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-e-ring-with-antique-rose-cut-diamonds.180399/

kalota.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
lawblonde » 29 Sep 2012 21:25

After 8 years of dating, my now fiancé popped the question today with this beautiful ring from ERD! We worked with Mark at ERD to find the stone (a 2.28 H VS2 a cut beyond cushion brilliant) and create the setting. Mark was great to work with and seemed to have a better sense of what we wanted than we did. It was done weeks ago, but my fiancé decided that I did not get to know when it was done or see the finished product until he was ready to propose.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/2-28-carat-h-vs2-cushion-from-erd.180395/

_4418.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mayk » 29 Sep 2012 07:29

So I received my bands from Chris @ ERD yesterday and they are perfect...

These sapphire bands are lovely and Chris did a wonderful job looking at my old bands and creating some contrast while still giving me bands that sat low enough that I could wear them with my engagement ring...

Again.. I can't say enough wonderful things about ERD and Chris. He is such a pleasure to work with.. so quick to get back to me, so patient and has great ideas.. I sent more than a couple emails.. first toying with taking my French Cut band apart and doing something with those and then deciding.. that would really be terrible because it's in perfect condition.. and then coming up with this plan.. I'm so thrilled THANK YOU CHRIS!!!!!

So I was out this morning taking a few pictures of my FINISHED collection... this girl is "done"....

The French Cut Sapphire band is still for sale..but if it doesn't sell.... Darn I'll have to keep it and wear it!!!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-stack-is-done-thank-you-chris-erd.180382/

_4419.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nic12h » September 25th, 2012, 2:36 am

Ive finally got around to taking some pics pf my engagement ring!! I love it takes a while to get use to I can still stare t it for ours!

The centre diamond is oval shape 1.2 D VS1 8.48 x 5.61 D-66.3 T-58 VG VG faint fluorescence.
Its bezel set with 23 diamonds bead set in the halo totalling .13 carats that are F s1. There is also migrain edge around the outside.
The diamonds are set in white gold then the band is yellow gold

https://www.pricescope.com/forum/sh...-oval-bezel-halo-engagement-ring-t180221.html

_4421.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
badabling » 04 Oct 2012 04:06

i just had my solitaire e-ring reset my victor canera and i just had to show her off!! victor was amazing to deal with... he was quick to respond (we exchanged over 100 emails), had very competitive pricing (leon mege and steven kirsch were the other two who quoted) and had the fastest turnaround time (less than two weeks after our first emails). he did an awesome job with my ring and i am a difficult woman to please.

here's the spec on stone:
GOG Round August Vintage (Old European Cut)
1.30 Carat
G color
VS2

here's the spec on the setting:
Size 4
Shank 1.9mm wide
1.2mm single cut stones on the shank and halo
0.9mm single cut stones on the stems

here's the youtube link to my ring http://youtu.be/SinRa2Z9iv4

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...age-round-in-victor-canera-halo-bezel.180522/

bada.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I Love My Sailor » 09 Oct 2012 15:31

Hi everyone,

I haven't posted anything in a few months... but....I have a new piece to share. I have never owned a princess cut diamond-or anything other than RB! I really wanted a princess. I wish I could afford a nice big one but a mini will have to do for now. This is my latest Ebay find. I paid $275.00 for the ring, here are the stats

18K White Gold
.32 princess cut EGL certified
White Star diamond
E-F
SI2 (but eye clean to me)

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-princess-cut-diamond-right-hand-ring.180701/

ilove.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Missy! How could you forget that?!?!?! :). Stunning!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
by CharmyPoo » 18 Feb 2013 20:03

I usually don't post about my purchases until the final piece is done but I am so excited that I have to share this one. Plus, it would be mean to withhold much longer given all the spoilers. Some of you have been following my search for the perfect OEC over the past year and not being able to find the right one. Well, the right one is finally here and it was worth the pain, risk and hours of searching - the satisfaction and love for a diamond ... I didn't think it was possible but now I understand.

I was bitten by the OEC bug and snagged my first 1.7ct back in 2011 which I adored and still adore (see here) followed by a 1.65ct transitional cut and a few other 1ct OECs for a special project. It wasn’t long before I had the urge for an uber OEC to ultimately use as an e-ring upgrade. I had a long list of requirements that was hard to meet and sometimes I thought it was impossible.

My Hit List
Cut: Well cut OEC with a small flower center and minimal obstruction
Carat: > 2.5ct
Color: As white as possible (no lower than GIA J)
Clarity: Eye and Mind Clean (VS + for me)
Table: Tiny table under 50%
Price: Dirt Cheap … as little as possible

The Specs According to Me
Cut: Amazingly well cut for an old stone with next to no obstruction <- CHECK
Size: 9 mm – guessing around 2.6 to 2.7 ct <- CHECK
Color: Thinking it is a GIA H/I based on comparison to my other stones <- CHECK
Clarity: Unable to find inclusions with a 60x microscope (I know there must be some) <- CHECK
Table: Probably low to mid 40s <- CHECK
Price: Very happy with price and was already offered more than double by a pawn shop <- CHECK

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/big-risk-big-reward-my-gorgeous-9-mm-oec.185787/

charmy.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Smith1942 » 08 Mar 2013 14:40

OK, it's one of those days where the camera refuses to focus no matter what, so these photos don't show off my ring to its best, but they will have to do. I should have cleaned it first - but it took me forever to do these photos so I don't think I'll do them again!

I am so pleased with this ring. I bought it preowned in the Laines (a jewellery quarter) in Brighton, UK, a few weeks ago. It's about three-quarters of a carat, G-H diamonds, 18k gold. It cost a mere 495 pounds including 20% VAT. (The UK equivalent of sales tax). It's super-super sparkly and so appears quite a lot more expensive than it was, in my opinion. God, I LOVE a jewellery bargain! Someone else was also interested in it and had enquired about it, but she hesitated, so......

Interestingly, I have noticed that this style of ring is not widely available in the States, where the baguettes are in a vertical row. If you Google this style the ones that come up are mainly in the UK. The Laines had more like this, including one in white gold. The diamonds were possibly slightly better, but it was a big price leap at 725 pounds. I think this one offered the exact same sparkly look with the same great finger coverage for a great deal less money.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/baguette-eternity-ring.186621/

smith.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
rubyshoes » 25 Feb 2013 18:07

So. I have been a bad girl. I got myself a 5 stone trellis ring to wear as a wedding band... and I also picked up a pendant as a belated birthday present. What can I say, I am helping the economy!

Anyway, everything is fabulous and I have been wearing my ring daily since I picked it up 3 days ago. Today was sunny so out I ran with my cellphone to snap pics. Hope you like them!

Thank you to my consultant Brittany Gibson and the always wonderful Vera Wages!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/yummy-goodies-from-whiteflash.186100/

rubysh.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
hippi_pixi » 06 Mar 2013 07:03

So its a 3.5 M VVS2. the culet was difficult to see under loupe and impossible to see with the naked eye so adam had it enlarged for me just the tiniest bit. now you can see it with the naked eye but you do still have to look quite closely. and we wanted it set for to wear it home for peace of mind. we almost had it put in a temp tiffany setting but it's not my style so i asked if he had any old setting lying around. he had a few and then he pulled out a setting that was perfect. exactly what i wanted but a bit battered n bent out of shape. the stone was a perfect fit and he thought his benchperson could fix it completely. its probably not flawless but looks pretty good for an antique. and i love it!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/introducing-my-new-lovely-3-5-oec.186508/

hippi.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
k_darling » 06 Mar 2013 14:18

Last month I bought a 1.22 ct. antique cushion cut from Adam at OWD. I reached out to a few different jewelers on the setting, but ultimately decided to have Adam's bench do it (see the thread here: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ny-jeweler-for-custom-setting.185624/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ny-jeweler-for-custom-setting.185624/[/URL]).

My ring was completed yesterday and I'm in love with it. It's SO sparkly and feels like a perfect size for my hand (5.5).

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ring-completed-1-22ct-antique-cushion-from-owd.186522/

kdarling.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
DiaSapph » 06 Mar 2013 19:39

Here are my stats:

Center stone: Blue Sapphire
Gemstone cutter: Richard Homer (he was such a pleasure to work with: enthusiastic, obliging, knowledgeable, and helpful--plus his works are featured at the Smithsonian Natural History Museum)
Size: 7.9 x 7.9 x 5.0mm
Carat: 2.40ct
Treatment: Heat
Facet Design: Concave Brilliant (which gives a unique piercing/striking look to it!)

Side stones: Diamond
Diamond cutter: Brian Gavin Diamonds (Katie was so sweet--a gem to work with!)
Size: .408ct and .404ct
Color: G
Clarity: SI1
Cut: BGD Signature Ideal (and boy are they fiery)

Setting: Trellis (we thought this trellis was the most delicate looking trellis we've seen in our search)
Vendor: Brian Gavin Diamonds

Metal: Platinum
Finger Size: 7.25

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-blue-sapphire-and-diamond-e-ring.186539/

_4425.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results