shape
carat
color
clarity

School Proposal, need ides for setting!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Chicago1575

Rough_Rock
Okay, so I''m about 2 weeks away from proposing and have decided to propose at her school. My girlfriend is student teaching right now so I thought a unique and completely unexpected way to propose is at her school. I was thinking of maybe getting her students involved, but that leads to a lot of chances for it to get messed up. What I''m thinking now is that I''ll talk to her principal and teacher and maybe have her paged over the intercom to come to the principals office, but I''ll be waiting there alone with the room decorated with candles and propose. Or have the principal tell her she needs to see something and take her to another room where I''ll be waiting, etc.

I think I''ve settled on something like that at the school, but would love more ideas along those lines. Thanks!!!!!!

Gizmo 98

Rough_Rock
I was a teacher and my girlfriend still is. I''ve also thought about going this route. I decided to go another direction for other reasons. If you really want to do this, you shoud wait to the last day she will be teaching, ideally the last day of school. If you don''t it will be a major distraction for the rest of the year. My suggestoin would be to get the teacher and students involved (don''t tell the kids until right before, for obvious reasons). My plan was to have each kid give her a flower as they come back from recess. I would them come in and ask. Obviously this works better with smaller kids and you didn''t specify what grade she is teaching. It also assumes that she is close to the kids and would like them involved in this very public proposal. Just make sure you''ve talked to the teacher, principal, and any other teachers near her room. I don''t see this as a very quiet activity. Her teacher may also come up with a better idea.
Also, if you are going to do it at school, make a fun proposal. I just don''t see the romantic, candlelit proposal in the principal''s office.
Good Luck

Chicago1575

Rough_Rock
Good feedback, I agree with making it fun rather than romantic. She teaches 5th grade, but it sounds like her kids may be too wild to pull this off. I may need to come up with other options. Any similar suggestions?

Thanks!

Gizmo 98

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/25/2005 4:52:35 PM
Author: Chicago1575
She teaches 5th grade, but it sounds like her kids may be too wild to pull this off.
You may be suprised. Sometimes these kids can be more mature than we give them credit for. You''ll get a better feel for how much you can involve them from real teacher. And, as I said, she may be able to come up with the perfect proposal.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Is she more fun floving, or more serious? Is she going to want to cry or laugh? We need more info to help you design the perfect proposal.

Chicago1575

Rough_Rock
So I''ve ditched the school/classroom proposal idea and am now thinking of something creative I can do with cooking. She loves cooking, so I thought I could take her to a cooking class, with desserts, for just the two of us, and somehow work in the proposal there? Anyone know of anything like this?

She''s not necessarily easy-go-lucky per se, and I don''t know if she''ll cry, but I think so. I don''t know if she''d like a crowd around when it happens, so I need to keep that in mind. She likes cooking, travel, dogs, etc... things like that. I think something like a hot air balloon ride would lead her to believe something was up.

All ideas are welcome!

Thanks

Shay

Shiny_Rock
Hey Chicago! I think ditching the school idea is a better plan, I would LOATHE a public proposal let alone one at my work, despite the fact that I''m a screaming extrovert, you just never know with women. Plus children are natures agents of chaos so it is a real challenge.
9.gif

In terms of cooking you can do so many stunning things.

Pudding is really easy, write your message in chocolate sauce on the plate around the pudding. I suggest a plate full of chocolate bon bons or petite fours for this. Because once you''ve proposed you can feed each other the little treats for extra romance.

You can ask her to help teach you to bake a cake and the write your message in some spilled flour on the counter top. The ring can be placed as the dot in the bottom of the "?" This is cute because it''s not over the top cheesy, but speaks of comfort and warmth.

I really wish you the best of luck. remember to keep us posted and post pics of the ring on her hand as soon as you can.
5.gif

Chicago1575

Rough_Rock
Shay- I LOVE your suggestions, they''re so much better than my cooking class idea and much easier to pull off!! Thanks so much!! I''ll need to think about it a little more and figure out how I''ll make it happen.

What is I take her to dinner and have everything organized downstairs at my neighbors with a key and instructions before we leave, and have them set it up when we''re on our way home. I can have candles and flowers in the apartment and surrounding the dessert, and have her close her eyes when she comes in. Does that sound cheesy?

Shay

Shiny_Rock
Not cheesy at all. I think having her close her eyes will build her anticipation... sort of a "is this it? is this it?" scenario.
9.gif

Just be careful with your neighbours leaving candles burning in your apartment... it would be tragic to come home to a burnt out apartment (sorry, practicality is my major flaw!)

Just remember, you are likely to be excited and nervous, so the simpler the plan, the less is likely to go wrong and require emergency adaptation.

Good Luck
5.gif

Chicago1575

Rough_Rock
Shay-

I''m practical too, so I thought I''d call my neighbors when we''re about to leave from dinner and have them set everything up then so the candles aren''t burning for hours.

The ring should be done in a couple weeks, so I''ve got a little time to work on the details of the evening. At this point though, I don''t want to wait 2 more weeks!

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
Chicago- I love Shay''s idea of asking your GF to teach you how to bake a cake. You can buy all the ingredients including those not so tasty, but easy to write with icing tubes (found at your grocery store), once the cake is baked, you can have her sit in another room, sipping a glass of wine, listening to romantic music. While she is out of the room, you can ice the cake and then write "Marry Me ?" in icing on top. Ask her to come see your decorations and kneel while she is reading.

Chicago1575

Rough_Rock
I''m telling you, everyone here has been so helpful! I like that there are so many ways to propose with the baking idea, any more suggestions would be great!!

Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results