shape
carat
color
clarity

Romantic Rest in DC?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

patil22

Rough_Rock
I am planning on proposing in DC next weekend, any good romantic restaraunts that would fit the bill, price does not matter, right now I am set at DC Coast, she has never been there....

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Last March when I was visiting my bf when he still lived there we each planned a night to make up for missing Valentines Day together. I took him to Mie N Yu in Georgetown. Fun Asian/Med. fusion food. For the two of us it was close to $200 after appetizer, entree, dessert and drinks. I requested a private table, and they were quite private. Its like a little niche at the side of the room and they draw curtains and the lighting is nice. Only thing that could''ve made it better was if we were able to sit on the same side as each other as opposed to across the table. Would''ve been a little more romantic that way.
Their website is: http://www.mienyu.com/
The private rooms are in the Baroque Room, if you look through the picture gallery, and I''ve posted a picture of the private tables for two. Here they show the curtains open, but they close them when you''re seated. Its not a quiet place though, but we still really enjoyed our dinner there and it was special for us.

That same weekend he took me to Two Quail. Its this cute little house, its very comfortable and I thought it was pretty romantic too. Its quiet, unlike Mie N Yu. It has a very intimate feel to it. It is also usually listed as one of the most romantic restaurants in DC. http://www.twoquail.com/ I''d say after wine, depending on how expensive the bottle is, we just did by the glass, it was like $175 for us.

I didn''t find the Most Romantic list up on the Washitonians site, which I know they rank, but I found a special occasions one which is probably a little different. The Inn at Little Washington I remember wanting to try, but it was a little too expensive for us at the time!

http://www.washingtonian.com/dining/05/specialoccasions.html

Good luck
1.gif

Baroque_4.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Does it have to be right in DC, or around the area? There are several good French restaurants in MD and VA: Normandie Farm and Old Anglers Inn in Potomac, MD, and L''Auberge Chez Francois in Great Falls?, VA. Both the ones in Potomac have fireplaces. All have fabulous food.

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
My helpful hubby just got me Tom Sietsema''s (Washington Post food critic) Annual Dining Guide. Under the heading of "In the Mood for Romance" is:
****Inn at Little Washington—I haven''t been there in years, but I''ve had some of the best meals in my life there. You need to get a room at a nearby B&B. You don''t want to drive those country roads after all the celebrating.

**Layalina—Middle Eastern food in Arlington, VA (I have never been there.)

**Taberna Del Alabardero—Spanish food, very lovely and romantic. Mark and I go there for my birthday sometimes.

Other restaurants I like are the Colvin Run Tavern across the street from Tysons I in Gucci Gulch.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results