shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposal Picnic

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

WWP

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I''m going to be proposing to my girlfriend in a couple of weeks. She has no idea it''s coming and I know she''s going to say yes. I am planning to take her to "see something cool" in the park behind our house (her favorite place), where we''ll find a picnic hamper placed there by my parents a couple of minutes prior.

The thing I''m not sure about is whether to propose at the beginning or end of the picnic. I have to bare in mind that the food will be really fancy so she might start to suspect something when she sees it, as well as the fact I''ll be getting ever more nervous as it goes on! It''ll also be in the evening, so will probably get dark, so I don''t want it to get too dark as there are no streetlights nearby.

Any thoughts as to whether it''d be better at the start or end of the picnic would be greatly appreciated!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I had a proposal picnic. :) DH proposed at the end. However, it might make more sense for you to propose at the beginning, because it's a surprise picnic thing - she'll know something's up and you want her to be able to enjoy the meal! When DH proposed to me, he'd already told me that we'd be having a picnic lunch (something we do regularly).

Also, DH and I were just joking about this last night - make sure you plan the meal and have something yummy for dessert!! DH totally forgot about dessert until last minute and gave me a cup of peaches. Thank goodness he gave me a ring, or I would have been mighty disappointed, haha!

Other tips - since it will be dark - get some citronella buckets and a coleman lantern for lighting - you want her to be able to see her new rock! And I highly suggest hitting up a deli for your picnic fare - get a good croissant sandwich, a pasta salad, some wine, fresh fruit...ohhhh, it sounds like a good meal to me!

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would say propose in the beginning. That way you can enjoy the picnic and not be nervous the whole time and have her suspect something is up or wrong. Also, then you can enjoy your fist meal together as an engaged couple and the picnic could then be a celebration also!

AOmagman78

Rough_Rock
I think this sounds like a great idea for a proposal and I may just have to steal it. I know with my girlfriend that she''d love it to be at the beginning because that just gives you a whole picnic to talk about it and to see her sit and smile and be excited. Otherwise if it''s at the end it may be like 10 minutes of sitting and then like ''Ok...time to go!'', and you don''t want that. But that''s just my thoughts.

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
I think it''s lovely but the surprise picnic hamper is a dead giveaway. Why don''t you ask her out on a picnic and bring along the hamper yourself? As you are both preparing the meal, engage her in a casual chat about this being her favoriite spot and the memories you both have built. Then surprise her with the proposal.
1.gif

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Propose in the beginning before you even get the food out. Make sure she is as surprised as possible.
Let us know how it goes.
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results