shape
carat
color
clarity

My Story and Proposal plan...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MTauss2000

Rough_Rock
Here''s our story, I''m a single father, and I don''t make a lot of money. I''ve been with my g/f for 3 yrs and 3 months, and she is the most beautiful person I''ve ever met. While not the mother of my 5 yr. old daughter she treats her like her own. She also teaches mentally/physically disabled kids for a non-profit. She is anxiously awaiting her ring, and has always dreamed of a platinum princess solitaire. However, due to our financial situation she has lowered her expectations and has tried to convince me she''d really rather have white gold (It''s just to make me feel better). I''ve been trying hard to come up with the funds for an e-ring since March ''04. Lately friends have been speculating about christimas and she''s been feeling me out. I''ve told I would if there was any way I could. She''s seen me get turned down for credit several times. However unbeknownst to her I got a nice bonus from work last week and promptly went out and purchased a .65 ct., F color, VS2 princess cut cert''d by Mr. D. Atlas'' AGA, and had it set in a platinum lucida-style cross-prong solitaire (just like she''s always dreamed of).

My Plan:
On Christmas Eve night I intend to pop a bottle of champagne, and sit close with her on the couch near the lit christmas tree with the lights dim, candles lit and Christmas classics playing on the stereo. I will then propose a toast to much happiness and a long life together and when the toast is over I will stand her up, get down on one knee in front of the Christmas tree and ask her to be my wife. She will not expect it, but she''s been dreaming of it for years.

Please share your thoughts.

b52holly

Rough_Rock
that sounds sooo sweet. Goodluck and congratulations on your purchase
appl.gif

JimDiamond

Shiny_Rock
I love it! She'll love it. She's expecting a proposal, but not for a while. You got her a high quality ring that she will love. You did great and your idea is great. I know you'll have trouble waiting until Christmas. I had the ring for my fiancee only a couple of weeks before I proposed and it nearly killed me. You'll have to wait for about two months. That's not long really, but it may seem like forever. Good luck to you!

MTauss2000

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much, I appreciate the kind words. You are right, I don't even have the ring yet and it's killing me. Especially when I can see in her eyes how bad she wants it, and when I can see in her face the disappointment when she reconciles that it won't happen by Christmas this year (little does she know...). I'm gonna show it to a couple friends, then have it appraised and insured; after that it will go into a safe over at my parents house so I won't be tempted. Here's a picture of exactly what it will look like.

SolitaireSetting_lucida3.jpg

njc

Brilliant_Rock
The ring is beautiful MT! She is going to be so thrilled and your idea sounds very sweet and romantic. I love sitting in a room with nothing on but the lights on the tree! Love the way the light comes through the needles and bounces around the room... the perfect light to have your diamond dance as well! Good luck!

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
That sounds like a perfect proposal!! Best wishes and good luck!!

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
What a sweet story! The ring you got her is so beautiful and I think it was so thoughtful of you to get her her dream ring, even though funds were tight. Congratulations!
appl.gif

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
MT what a wonderful plan and ring
love.gif
You are luck to have found each other!

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
MT--you made a lovely ring choice and I got a little choked up reading your proposal plan. It''s beautiful, heartfelt, and personal, and I know she''ll be on top of the world for Christmas. :)

One caveat: I wouldn''t necessarily show it to any of your friends unless you''re really, REALLY sure they can keep a secret and not release any hints of any sort! :)

roadpupp

Rough_Rock
Seriously? The lighting couldn''t be better for that stone to sparkle. Well done.

Roadpupp
NCQLP
National Council for the Qualifications of Lighting professionals.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
MTauss, you''ve made me teary just thinking about it! What a sweet, considerate man you are. She''s very lucky!

MTauss2000

Rough_Rock
Wow, thanks so much for all your kind words! I''m very excited and have 2 months to go, the ring should be completed next week. Things are tough right now for the boths of us so I know she is completely convinced that I have barely enough money to buy Christmas presents and that there is no way she''s getting the ring this holiday. The good thing is that she doesn''t even know I got the bonus or else she''d be questioning me on how the hell I lost track of that much money.

Good point about not showing my friends, I''d be more worried that one of their girlfriends might let it out, but I don''t want to take any chances either way. I''ll bump this any time I have any news and I''ll definitely post what happens on Christmas Eve. Once again thanks for all the nice things you''ve said.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results