shape
carat
color
clarity

I need some help on ideas for tonight...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sujuann

Shiny_Rock
Hello, everyone!!

Okay... so my friend got engaged this morning!! We are sooo happy for her!! He had rose petals leading to the coffee table where the ring was. She started yelling at the cat because she thought he made a mess. But then she noticed the ring!

But then they had to come to work! Booo!! So she is going to get off early and wanted to surprise him with something intimate and celebratory at home.

Does anyone have any ideas on something that is unique and cool?

I''ll keep checking in until 4pm today! Thanks for your help.

froufrou

Shiny_Rock
sorry no one has replied to you! i dont really have much input...maybe he has something else planned for tonight to celebrate? that would be my guess if he asked her on a tuesday morning that he would have something planned for the night.

but if he doesn''t i think maybe they can just get their favorite takeout food or go to his favorite restaurant, since she wants to do something for him. i''m not sure. its not like she could buy flowers and light candles cause i dont think guys are so into that :)

Sujuann

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, Froufou. It was kind of a shot in the dark for me to ask at such short notice. But we did figure something out. We have a dessert restaurant here in Orlando called The Dessert Lady. It is this quiet tiny shop that looks like a living room inside and the desserts are awesome!!! So she took him there, where it was candlelit and they had wine and desserts and enjoyed looking at her first engagement gift... a wedding planning book!

Thanks for your response!!

FSULaw

Rough_Rock
I am originally from Orlando and am moving back in a few weeks. Where is the Dessert Lady? It sounds fantastic. Thanks

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
Hello....LINGERIE! I wish I''d have read this on Tuesday! I never venture to this forum but I think I will have to visit more often.

I laughed my ass off that your friend yelled at the cat!

Sujuann

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/7/2006 7:42:34 PM
Author: FSULaw
I am originally from Orlando and am moving back in a few weeks. Where is the Dessert Lady? It sounds fantastic. Thanks
It is such a cute little cafe! They really only do desserts(and wine) but she does have quiches. It's so romantic. Here is the website.. http://www.dessertlady.com/ . The cafe is located 4900 South Kirkman Road in Orlando, FL 32811. If you are familiar with that area, you get on to Conroy and take that to Kirkman. It is in the shopping center on the corner of Kirkman and Conroy.

I suggest the chinese restaurant right next door, Kim Wu's (phenomenal New York style Chinese), then going to The Desser Lady Cafe for a nightcap and dessert.
18.gif

If... or shall I say WHEN... you go, let me know what you thought of the place!

Sujuann

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/9/2006 7:04:14 PM
Author: selflove
Hello....LINGERIE! I wish I''d have read this on Tuesday! I never venture to this forum but I think I will have to visit more often.

I laughed my ass off that your friend yelled at the cat!
I KNOW!!! It''s hilarious! She walked outside and said she was saying, "Scotty (the cats name) what have you done?!?!? Why did you make such a mess!!" That poor cat was like.. what are you yelling about!??! LOL

BTW.. after the Dessert Lady... I am definite that lingerie was involved in her celebrations!
23.gif
LOL

This weekend is their two year anniversary weekend so they are celebrating now. She made a poster with pictures of them from the last twenty four months. And she wrote out The Twenty Four Reason that I said Yes! Isn''t that great!!!!??? She had all these reasons why she she said she would marry him... and it was surrounded by the pictures and the whole thing was black and white. Very classy!

FSULaw

Rough_Rock
Sujann,
You are not going to believe this, but I just bought a house right down the street from the Dessert Lady on the corner of Kirkman and Conroy! That is going to be trouble for me.

I have eaten at Kim Wu''s, but my favorite Chinese food is actually Jin Ho''s , which is right across the street from Kim Wu. There is also a little Italian place named Stallone''s in the same shopping center which is fantastic.

Only eight more weeks to go until I move back home (I just graduated from law school and am currently studying to take the bar) and hence I am completely miserable, homesick and now hungry for Chinese.
1.gif

Sujuann

Shiny_Rock
style="WIDTH: 99%; HEIGHT: 130px">Date: 6/11/2006 8:41:24 PM
Author: FSULaw
Sujann,
You are not going to believe this, but I just bought a house right down the street from the Dessert Lady on the corner of Kirkman and Conroy! That is going to be trouble for me.

I have eaten at Kim Wu''s, but my favorite Chinese food is actually Jin Ho''s , which is right across the street from Kim Wu. There is also a little Italian place named Stallone''s in the same shopping center which is fantastic.

Only eight more weeks to go until I move back home (I just graduated from law school and am currently studying to take the bar) and hence I am completely miserable, homesick and now hungry for Chinese.
1.gif
This is tooo much of a small world!! First of all... Congrats on graduating from FSU Law School!!! That is awesome!

I haven''t been to Jin Ho''s but now I will have to go! I am a past New Yorker for years so I miss the Chinese food from there! Have you noticed the Dessert Lady in that shoppng center? It has an awning outside the door... pretty small place. I am wishing for one of her Apple Crisps right now!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results