shape
carat
color
clarity

Camping Trip Proposal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Bass12

Rough_Rock
I plan on proposing while on a camping trip.
My idea is really well thought out, and I think it''ll work perfectly, but I''m wondering if anyone can forsee any problems, or if anyone has suggestions to add:

The first night of the long weekend of fun plans we are going out to dinner at a favorite restaurant near the camping ground.

Earlier in the week I will be giving her a charm for her charm bracelet that already has a few charm on it, this one will represents our camping trip. Then I''m taking her bracelet to my jewelry store to have them put the camping charm on it, and I''m also going to have them put on another one that my girlfriend doesn''t know about. It''s a "Date to Remember" charm, and on the front it will say the proposal date, and on the back it will say "Will You Marry Me?" She won''t be expecting the bracelet back until after our camping trip.

Back to camping: we''ll set up our tent and then she''ll get ready for dinner. While she''s doing that I''ll set up my digital camera to take a picture of our campsite (with two of our folding chairs next to each other to sit in for the timed picture). What she doesn''t know is that I''m setting it to movie mode to capture the proposal on video!

When she''s done getting ready, I''ll give her the wrapped charm bracelet saying how I wanted her to be able to wear it out to dinner. She''ll notice the camping charm, and then when she looks at the new date to remember one with a puzzled look, that''s when I''ll drop to a knee and say...

...I have no idea what I''m going to say yet! I''ll probably post that when it''s closer to the time!

Waddya think? Thank you!

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
Man, you really do have it all planned out. Impressive.
2.gif

It seems like camping is something you both enjoy doing together and I think it would be a great way to propose.

The camera part seems tricky, but thats b/c I am not the most technology savy person in the world. That is the only part that worries me about your plan. But, if you are confident in being able to do that, then your plan sounds perfect!

Plus, not everyone gets photos or video of their proposal, so if that part doesn't work, your plan still rocks!
appl.gif

I think she'll be very surprised and it sounds like a romantic weekend for you two.

Please post picks of the ring...and good luck! Let us all know how it goes.

Cheers!
-Sarah
9.gif

Bass12

Rough_Rock
I took this picture of the ring really quickly...I want to have it professionaly done. In real life it's a lot whiter and shinier...white gold-style.

It's an F, VS1, Very Good, .9 Carat. I decided to go with quality below 1 carat rather than spend way over my budget just to say that I got a 1 Carat. You can hardly dell a difference betwen a .9 and a 1. (She only thinks that I can afford a half carat, but I saved up for almost a year, so the shock when I give it to her will be something else!)

The camera/movie part of the proposal should work out fine.
I've had the ring for a while now, it's growing on me...I feel like Gollum from the Lord of the Rings! Miiiiiiiiiiiiine! Haha, no I can't wait to propose. I've just been waiting for good camping weather, and a good chance to ask her parents for permission.

040218_ring_06.jpg

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Pretty ring. Sweet proposal. One thing - do you think she will notice the charm quickly?

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
That sounds like a great proposal! My GF and I LOVE camping! But do you think she'll want to stay at the campsite or want to go back to town and tell/show everybody?

ShopDiva

Rough_Rock
Good Luck Sounds fabulous!! I love the ring,good choice
appl.gif
You must post pix of proposal night!
9.gif

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
Wow...what a beautiful ring!!!!
appl.gif

And I commend you for saving up for a whole year for a bigger ring than she expects...really shows how much she means to you. Its quite a sparkler.
love.gif

I can't wait to hear how the proposal goes!!! Can you post pics of the charm bracelet too? I am just curious.
9.gif

Well, best of luck to you. Keep us all posted.

-Sarah

Bass12

Rough_Rock
fire&ice: good point, I’ll be so excited, that I better make sure and wait until she notices the “Date to Remember” charm before I drop to a knee!

verticalhorizon: The following weekend is an annual family gathering, so I think it will be a perfect way to announce the engagement. Good thought though.

ShopDiva: thank you! I love the ring too, it’ll be bittersweet to give it away ;-) Haha, j/k.

Vagil13: When I started researching diamonds, I didn’t want to play the game that if I got her a bigger one it meant I cared more about her, because that’s too superficial and materialistic. So I decided to be logical about it and go with “society’s trend” and save up for the two-month salary rule that’s commonly used. So no matter how long it took, I was going to save for that figure. That way, I knew I couldn’t go wrong in anyone’s eyes, plus it is far and above what she is expecting.

Anyways, yeah when I get the charms I’ll post them too.
Thanx for the comments!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results