shape
carat
color
clarity

Beach Proposal in Long Island NY

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ChevyCam

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone,

I would love to propose to my girlfriend on the beach, however, the time of day I would like to do it would be at late sunset, early darkness, so that it would be possible to see some stars in the sky... I am thinking of a small picnic on the beach at this time with some candles, and some champagne, and maybe hiding the ring in a small shell...

But I am looking to do this fairly privately, I really don''t want other people around because I want it to be romantic and intimate. So I was wondering if anyone knows of a beach or area of a particular beach on Long Island that would be good for this. I''m also worried that I won''t be able to find a beach that would be open after sunset, it would be horrible if we got kicked out or something just as I was proposing!! So if anyone has any suggestions, please, it would be so much appreciated!

Thank you,

Mike

CuriousJoe

Rough_Rock
You may want to try a beach in the Northport area called "Crab Meadow Beach". There is a decent Italian restaurant right on the beach called "La Casa" that serves very good, affordable dinners. Because of the restaurant, the beach is open to the public after dark. Good luck!

ClownFishFunk

Shiny_Rock
Hello. I have a few suggestions. One beach I absolutely recommend is West Meadow Beach (i believe it is in the stony brook/port jefferson station area), they almost always have beautiful sunsets there and my boyfriend and I go there frequently to see them. It looks even nicer when the tide is lower because the water is generally more calm, and the different depths of the water look beautiful (it is hard to explain until you see it yourself). You may want to go ahead of time to find a private area. Another spot of course is the ocean at Smiths Point. It is quite a large area and I'm sure if you walk down the beach together you can be completely alone here. Also on a different note, I personally really love the duck ponds in Stony Brook. I believe there are a few different ones to choose from, they keep with your water theme, and they may be easier to have a picnic at. Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results