shape
carat
color
clarity

WTB - small rubies

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looking for small natural loose rubies. Maybe you have stones from an old setting, or in a setting you no longer want or wear. Size wise I am looking for between 2-5 mm stones depending on shape, and need between 6-9 depending on stone size. Prefer a more blood red coloring vs pinkish, and am open to just about any shape (except heart).

Let me know what you have, if they have any known treatments, and what you are looking for price wise for the lot. These are for a special ring I want to have made as a gift to my daughterfor her 16th birthday in July.

Thanks for looking!

cm366

Shiny_Rock
Hi JCJ,

I've got some nice smaller Tanzanian ovals, heat only, that you could pick through if you like - I'll try to grab some photos and knock up a Loupetroop listing, if you're interested? Probably between 3x5 and 4x6...

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
cm366|1397294134|3652250 said:
Hi JCJ,

I've got some nice smaller Tanzanian ovals, heat only, that you could pick through if you like - I'll try to grab some photos and knock up a Loupetroop listing, if you're interested? Probably between 3x5 and 4x6...

Thanks so much! Do the PS site rules allow you to place a picture here (so you don't go through too much trouble just so I can see them), or is that not permitted?

I have a couple small ( < .20) diamonds already that I will be using as well for this project so I don't have a firm design in mind ... Wanted to leave the options open depending on the stones. I just want it to be a special gift for her ... Her first piece of nice jewelry with natural stones. :)

cm366

Shiny_Rock
No trouble! They're in the vault and I needed to make a trip one of these days anyway. :))

I think I ought to be able to put up a photo (Hopefully tomorrow?), but if not I'm sure we'll find out in a hurry. :cheeky:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks much! Sent you a message a little bit ago via LT.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bump - still looking. Thanks much to CM366 for his generous offering of beautiful rubies! But I need to rescope the search to be 2 rubies of either square, marquise or round shapes, and a width of less than 3 mm. I have a .25 ct marquise diamond that will be in the center, and the rubies will be on either side on my daughter's band, so the width needs to be closer to or < that of the marquise which is just under 3 mm.

Thanks much, in advance for your consideration!

katharath

Ideal_Rock
You might want to contact Jeff Davies and see if he has anything. I remember that he was offering some small ruby parcels not terribly long ago - maybe he has something that would work. You probably already have it, but just in case, his Pinterest page in case you need his info:

http://www.pinterest.com/jeffdaviesgems/

(His email addy is on that page, or you can get him through Facebook or eBay).

Good luck on your search :)

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
katharath|1397931087|3656175 said:
You might want to contact Jeff Davies and see if he has anything. I remember that he was offering some small ruby parcels not terribly long ago - maybe he has something that would work. You probably already have it, but just in case, his Pinterest page in case you need his info:

http://www.pinterest.com/jeffdaviesgems/

(His email addy is on that page, or you can get him through Facebook or eBay).

Good luck on your search :)

Done, thanks so much!

Any other sources for suppliers would also be most welcome!

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock
I could spare some from a recent purchase of a too big band. They hit all your specs but need a polish. Which Pricescope vendor would take this apart, repolish the rubies and remake the band? So many like to use their own stones. I will ask Single Stone for sure.

_17636.jpg

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow those are beautiful! I wish I could tell you who could do that but I don't know, unfortunately, any PS-related jewelers who would do that. I tried contacting a couple recently to make one ring with stones I have, and one won't work with my stones and I haven't heard back from the other so ... I like my jeweler a lot and he is working on a few items for me already, but thought it would be nice to "spread the love" a bit.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results