shape
carat
color
clarity

REDUCED: Platinum Van Craeynest setting

angeline

Ideal_Rock
HI all,

I have reduced the price of my VC setting to $2,500! It cost me $5,000 retail 2 years ago. This setting is style 448 and it held an 8.4mm diamond. Ring size is 6.5. I did not wear it very much as I reset the diamond less than a year after I got it, so it is in excellent condition.

Here is the link to the new DB listing: http://diamondbistro.com/category/1.../RED-Plat-Van-Craeynest-setting,-size-65.html.

Please feel free to ask any questions, and thanks for looking!

Magnolia_015.jpg
Magnolia_008.jpg

SweetAsscher

Shiny_Rock
Do you think this could hold a smaller stone? (7.7mm)
Maybe if the stone was set a little lower?
Gorgeous setting! I keep coming back to look :love:

Thanks

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Hi SweetAsscher!

Yes it is a beautiful setting.. It actually looks a lot prettier even in real life than these photos. Unfortunately there is no stone in it now or I would take some more pics.

I don't know if a smaller stone would fit that setting. I can email Sara, who used to work at VC and see what she says. Or if you wanted to discuss it, you could call Larry Van Craeynest, he would remember me. He's really lovely to talk to, but doesn't do the email thing :)

If you do decide to call Larry pop me a line at DB and I'll give you my real name :bigsmile:

Ill do some more investigating too....

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is a gorgeous setting!!! :love:

angeline

Ideal_Rock
SweetAsscher|1326872866|3105723 said:
Do you think this could hold a smaller stone? (7.7mm)
Maybe if the stone was set a little lower?
Gorgeous setting! I keep coming back to look :love:

Thanks

SA, just to clarify, is the stone an RB? just wondering because of your screen name :)

I just spoke to someone that is in the trade and she suggested that it could be done with your size stone (assuming it's a round stone).

Do you have any bench jewelers or jewelers that you trust that you could talk to?

angeline

Ideal_Rock
SweetAsscher, another interested person spoke to Larry VC today and confirmed that they could alter the setting to fit a larger stone 9.x mm.

I know this doesn't mean yours is a cinch but it gives me reasonable hope that it could be done. Let me know if you want me to check into it further.

angeline

Ideal_Rock
SweetAsscher|1327086227|3107561 said:
Thanks Angeline,
I'll email you on DB once I check with my husband. ;-)

Awesome SweetAsscher! Here's hoping he's positive! :bigsmile:

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Hey SA, I also wanted to add that I'm open to reasonable offers :D

SweetAsscher

Shiny_Rock
Hi Angeline. I tried. :(( he laughed at me.
I really do love your setting though! I hope it finds a good home with a PS'er. I still keep coming back to look at it and I saved your pics :D
Good luck!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
SweetAsscher|1327391944|3110297 said:
I really do love your setting though! I hope it finds a good home with a PS'er. I still keep coming back to look at it and I saved your pics :D
Good luck!

Hi SA, I've had that same experience!

No worries. I checked out your thread and saw your beautiful new diamond! Congrats! It's gorgeous and the setting it's already in is very nice too.

cheers, a

SweetAsscher

Shiny_Rock
angeline|1327449539|3110872 said:
SweetAsscher|1327391944|3110297 said:
Good luck!

Hi SA, I've had that same experience!

No worries. I checked out your thread and saw your beautiful new diamond! Congrats! It's gorgeous and the setting it's already in is very nice too.

cheers, a

Thanks for the compliment Angeline!
Cheers!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sigh, if only I had a stone worthy of that setting!!!

Then I could wear TWO van craeynest rings at once!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
MakingTheGrade|1328657679|3121188 said:
Sigh, if only I had a stone worthy of that setting!!!

Then I could wear TWO van craeynest rings at once!
MakingTheGrade - what other VC do you have? I'm interested to know!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the #812 in platinum, I just set my .9ct diamond in it (it previously held a .72ct) but haven't taken new photos yet. I'm resetting the .72ct diamond into a bezel pendant, should have it by early next week!

Here's the 812 in yellow gold:
http://www.vancraeynest.com/index.php?page=gallery&startRow=21&pid=33

Though I think the design looks better in platinum
http://www.vancraeynest.com/index.php?page=gallery&cid=2&pid=40

Looks like they redid their website!

VC pieces are so stunning, truly art you can wear.

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
angeline|1326901459|3105870 said:
Hi SweetAsscher!

Yes it is a beautiful setting.. It actually looks a lot prettier even in real life than these photos. Unfortunately there is no stone in it now or I would take some more pics.
You know, I really think it can help your sale to take pics of the setting as it is now. It helps show that the stone was removed without damaging the prongs, and also indicates that the wear on it is light (since pics with the stone set are usually taken right after the ring is completed). When shopping for second-hand settings, I worry a lot about prong integrity.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
One of my favorite settings ever!! I hope it sells quickly for you...

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
So lovely!! What is the approximate mm width of the top of the shank? Any chance it could be resized to a 4.75 or 5? With all that intricate detail, my instincts tell me it probably can't :blackeye:

blinglover78

Rough_Rock
can you post a head on shot of the ring? i tried to look on the website for a picture but couldnt find it.

thanks!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
MakingTheGrade|1328661019|3121224 said:
I have the #812 in platinum, I just set my .9ct diamond in it (it previously held a .72ct) but haven't taken new photos yet. I'm resetting the .72ct diamond into a bezel pendant, should have it by early next week!

Here's the 812 in yellow gold:
http://www.vancraeynest.com/index.php?page=gallery&startRow=21&pid=33

Though I think the design looks better in platinum
http://www.vancraeynest.com/index.php?page=gallery&cid=2&pid=40

Looks like they redid their website!

VC pieces are so stunning, truly art you can wear.

MTG - stuning! I adore those bangle rings. I actually wanted a bangle style for this diamond but Larry said it didn't work so I did the style I am trying to sell. Do you have a thread on it?

angeline

Ideal_Rock
MissStepcut|1328663369|3121253 said:
angeline|1326901459|3105870 said:
Hi SweetAsscher!

You know, I really think it can help your sale to take pics of the setting as it is now. It helps show that the stone was removed without damaging the prongs, and also indicates that the wear on it is light (since pics with the stone set are usually taken right after the ring is completed). When shopping for second-hand settings, I worry a lot about prong integrity.

HI Miss StepCut,

Good hints! I will try to take some pics. The prongs are in great shape!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
mrssalvo|1328670190|3121366 said:
One of my favorite settings ever!! I hope it sells quickly for you...

Thanks MrsS! It is a pretty one... I'm thinking a roayl blue sapphire if it doesn't sell soon... p.s. I've always loved your avi...

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Snicklefritz|1328728065|3121820 said:
So lovely!! What is the approximate mm width of the top of the shank? Any chance it could be resized to a 4.75 or 5? With all that intricate detail, my instincts tell me it probably can't :blackeye:

Snicklefritz - thank you! It can be resized to a 5, as a previous person was interested in it and spoke to Larry about it and he confirmed the resize was possible.

The mm width at the widest point at the top is about 3mm to just over 3mm. It then tapers quickly to 2mm at the end of the little diamond triangles. The rest of the shank is 2mm. I don't have calipers, but that is my best guess with a ruler.

angeline

Ideal_Rock
blinglover78|1328739180|3121946 said:
can you post a head on shot of the ring? i tried to look on the website for a picture but couldnt find it.

thanks!

BLingLover - I will post some pics from the top. It won't look as good because I don't have a stone in it at the moment. I'll also try to find a head-on shot of it for you from my archives of VC pics I've saved over the years.! Hang tight!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
BL - here's a pic of it with a 2.5mm diamond band I wore it with. I'm looking for better pics but thought I would post this in the meantime.

DSC02797.jpeg

angeline

Ideal_Rock
BL - here's another pic of the ring in yellow gold. Note in this picture the head is not like mine, mine is a basket head.

Hope this helps!

VC_head_on.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results