shape
carat
color
clarity

Stocking Stuffers...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Well ladies..... I received the absolute best stocking stuffer ever this christmas eve! I AM ENGAGED! The ring is a cushion cut split shank halo setting from ERD, My FIANCE (woa) worked with Gary. More details tomorrow after I come back from visiting family. I am so excited!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

ETA: sorry about the crappy camera phone pic, but i have no idea where my camera is right now!

IMG00053.jpg

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations and Marry Christmas!!!

MissErin

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!! WOW!! WOW!! So gorgous!! Congrats to you girlie!! How exciting!!

But wait...Who is going to do the list now...uh oh... hehe

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
That sure beats any stocking stuffer I have ever seen!!!

Congrats, it is just beautiful!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!!It''s absolutely beautiful!!!!Post more pictures and how he did it!!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!! I am SO happy for you! WOOOHOOOO! Your ring is gorgeous. YAY! Seriously, I''m so thrilled for you! Looking forward to more pictures and we both got off the list this year!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
DMBsGirl,

Yeah,Yeah,Yeah,Yeah,Yeah,Yeah,Yeah! YOU ARE ENGAGED! Yeah,Yeah,Yeah,Yeah,Yeah,Yeah,Yeah,Yeah,Yeah,Yeah!

Thank you for posting pics!

youareengaged.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations miss list keeper :), Hands down best stocking stuffer ever

1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
YAY
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

What a beautiful ring :)

SeeShell

Rough_Rock
Congratulations, DMBsGirl! Gorgeous ring - can''t wait to hear the story!!
9.gif

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Beautiful ring!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay! You deserve it girl. You''ve been so patient! Can''t wait for more pictures.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Wowee! That''s the best stocking stuffer EVER! I can''t wait to see more pics...you know you are expected to post around a hundred, right? We need to see that beauty from all angles!

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Yay!!! Congrats, and GORGEOUS ring!! More pics soon, I hope.
30.gif
36.gif
9.gif

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
hahah i found it....lol i should really read threads more carefully!!! congrats..YOU RING IS SOOOO PRETTY

Delster

Ideal_Rock
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh wow I''m SOOOOO happy for you!!!! Yippee!!!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

YAAAAY!!!!!!!!

cheerleaderadglandigngLDK.gif

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
YAY!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you!! Merry Christmas, and congrats!! The ring is gorgeous.

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
***UPDATE***
First of all ladies, THANK YOU SO MUCH for your wonderful comments!!! You guys are more excited for me than my non-internet friends! lol
1.gif

K, so now that I have time, here is my proposal story and MORE PICS!

K, some background is needed first to help tie everything together.
My FIANCE and I met the spring after senior year of highschool. During this time, my fiance (woa so weird to call him that!) worked at Bed Bath and BEyond. My friend and I went to his store one day to buy some dorm necessities. This was about our second or third time meeting. At this point I had no idea that he liked me. So my fiance rings me up at the register and while at the register I grab a tiny sampler box of Jelly Belly jelly beans. Fast forward to about two weeks later, I go out to the movies with a big group (fiance included), when he sees me he hands me a large bag of the jelly belly jelly beans. I thought this was super sweet,and at this point it's pretty obvious that he likes me. Well the rest is pretty much history, but jelly belly jelly beans have been a gift he has given me on special occassions to remember our early days
1.gif

Ok, now fast forward to Christmas eve. I didn't want to cook so he suggests we go to our favorite Portugese restaurant which is literally twenty feet from the door of our building. I agree. He then asks when I would like to go eat (it was about 5:30), I told him in about an hour and a half. So then he tells me that he needs to get some last minute gifts and I stay behind in our apartment wrapping presents. While he is gone his friend calls up and asks what we are up to and says he and his girlfriend wanted to stop by and hang out. I told him we weren't up to much, just going to go out to dinner in a bit. He says he will stop by with his girlfriend. So my fiance returns and his friend and his girlfriend arrive and we all go out to the restaurant together. This place has great sangria, and I had about 3 glasses with dinner
3.gif

When we leave the restaurant, my fiance's friend and his girlfriend say they are going home because it is late and she is tired. My fiance and I come upstairs and I ask if I can open up a present. He says that I can get my stocking stuffers only, and must wait until Christmas morning to open up my other gifts. I agree and I let him open his up first. The most expensive thing in his stocking was a circuit city gift card for $25. When he sees that he says "Wow, you beat my stocking!"
So then I open mine, and in my stocking is a bag of jelly bellies. I smile and kiss him. Those of you familiar with jelly bellies know that there is a popcorn flavored jelly bean. It is totally weird but we both love that flavor. So he tells me to find him one. The bag is mostly clear so without opening the bag I just look and shake it around trying to spot the white jelly bean with yellow spots. I couldn't see any, so I say "Baby I don't think there are any!" He then suggests that I pour them out to get a better look. So I go to pour them out onto the plastic lid of our christmas card box, and notice that the bag had been opened. I tell him that the bag was opened and say "Babe you bought an open bag!" He acts like it's no big deal, and then pops a jelly bean in his mouth. In my mind I'm thinking "gosh I hope they weren't poisoned by some sicko!" so then I fish around trying to find this popcorn jelly belly, looking and looking and could not find one....but I found something better......MY RING! I hold it up with my mouth open and he asks me to marry him! It was so cute and sweet and I had no idea it was my proposal until I saw the ring, a COMPLETE surprise! I then tell him he's got to put the ring on my finger and according to him I forgot to say yes, (woops), When he points this out I say "YES YES YES!" Well it felt so surreal (I'm sure the sangria didn't help!). It was amazing and I couldn't believe it!!! I was scared I was dreaming!
So I later find out HE had been the one who opened the bag (DUH), to take out all the popcorn jelly beans, and that when he was supposedly shopping for last minute presents he'd actually driven to my parent's home and asked for their permission to marry me (they of course said YES!)
1.gif

He then tells me he got my amazing ring at ERD (I had no involvement in the ring process other than lots of hints). I had told him I wanted a cushion in a halo and tried to mention ERD and Mark Turnowski as often as I could. Whenever a pricescoper would get a ring from ERD I'd show it to him and say, "Guess where this is from????? ERD!"
He worked with Gary and had my ring since October 13th!!!! He said he couldn't think of a way to propose and that my LIW breakdowns usually had bad timing (UGH!) I will post full specs later, as he has the GIA papers in his car. I know that it is a bit over a carat, and it is GORGEOUS! The facets on the cushion are perfect, and it is a little firecracker. The entire ring is just sparkly and looks like it's lit up. I am so thankful to have found pricescope, without this amazing forum I wouldn't have been introduced to cushions and ERD! I am so HAPPY to be engaged!!! After nine years of dating it was DUE!
3.gif

And now....on to PICS!!! The ring is a size 4.25, but needs to be sized down to a 4.

ETA: THANK YOU GARY!!!!

dmbsgirlring1.jpg

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
3.gif

ok that's it for now. All these are with indoor light. there was no sun by the time I got home. I promise more pics when the sun is out, promise!

dmbsgirlring6.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww--sweet proposal, and such a BEAUTIFUL ring! Congratulations!!!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
DMBsgirl, that has to be my favourite ring that I''ve seen on PS. It is really, truly perfect.

And a sidenote: It took me forever to realize DMB was Dave Matthews Band, which is pathetic since my boyfriend is from Charlottesville and there''s DMB stuff everywhere. I''m down there once a month and it still took ages for me to get it. *hangs head in shame*

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/25/2007 9:35:33 PM
Author: princesss
DMBsgirl, that has to be my favourite ring that I've seen on PS. It is really, truly perfect.

And a sidenote: It took me forever to realize DMB was Dave Matthews Band, which is pathetic since my boyfriend is from Charlottesville and there's DMB stuff everywhere. I'm down there once a month and it still took ages for me to get it. *hangs head in shame*
Thanks so much for the compliment!!
4.gif

Oh and no need to hang your head in shame! It doesn't stand for dave matthews, lol! DMB are my fiance's initials
1.gif

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
dothewave.gif

WHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Congrats darlin!!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Hahaha, ok, so I''m not as much of a loser as I felt like.
20.gif

2BMrs.D

Rough_Rock
Congratulations! You''re ring is absolutely beautiful and you''re engagement story is so sweet! MERRY CHRISTMAS!

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
yaaaayyy!!! you deserve it SO MUCH
36.gif
i''m soo happy for you and i can''t get over how pretty your ring is! woot woot!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results