shape
carat
color
clarity

promise ring?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
I just have to laugh... two things that I'm just not into, promise rings and the whole, "I would accept his ring, even if it came from a gumball machine" thing!

My darling boyfriend gave me a promise ring that he won from an arcade game. It has some sort of mustard yellow plating that's been cut to reveal the silver-tone aluminum underneath. Despite my insistance in the "gumball machine ring" debate that any boyfriend of mine should know how important jewelry is to me, and furthermore my insistance that I want nothing to do with a shut-her-up ring (I swear it's not! I haven't nagged him about getting engaged, ever!) I'm now proudly wearing a ring that is both things at once.

Never say never, you're jinxing yourself!
emwink.gif

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Haha. I love it.

I must admit, I have a sour taste in my mouth from promise rings because out of all the times I''ve seen them given, I''ve only seen the promise kept about 30% of the time...so they don''t hold a lot of salt with me. But I''d TOTALLY wear a gumball machine/arcade winnings ring! Post a picture in the "finger warmer" thread!
2.gif

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/30/2009 5:18:27 PM
Author: vc10um
Haha. I love it.

I must admit, I have a sour taste in my mouth from promise rings because out of all the times I''ve seen them given, I''ve only seen the promise kept about 30% of the time...so they don''t hold a lot of salt with me. But I''d TOTALLY wear a gumball machine/arcade winnings ring! Post a picture in the ''finger warmer'' thread!
2.gif
that''s exactly why i said i would never wear one... at worst, they''re a sign of immaturity and impatience, and at best they almost seem like bad luck, because I have seen them lead to engagements even fewer times than you have. it was a sweet and spontaneous gesture though, so i''ll treasure this one all the same.

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/30/2009 5:25:12 PM
Author: suchende

Haha. I love it.

I must admit, I have a sour taste in my mouth from promise rings because out of all the times I've seen them given, I've only seen the promise kept about 30% of the time...so they don't hold a lot of salt with me. But I'd TOTALLY wear a gumball machine/arcade winnings ring! Post a picture in the 'finger warmer' thread!
2.gif
that's exactly why i said i would never wear one... at worst, they're a sign of immaturity and impatience, and at best they almost seem like bad luck, because I have seen them lead to engagements even fewer times than you have. it was a sweet and spontaneous gesture though, so i'll treasure this one all the same.
I hear what you girls are saying... but on the other side of this... bf gave me a promise ring for our one year anniversary (...pic posted in the finger warmer thread..). We both knew that we were going to get married in the future but because of our ages and out of respect for our parents, we decided on a promise ring as a "symbol" of our commitment to each other. And yes, I had a coordinating one made for him! We've been together almost 4 years now and are getting engaged soon (as in next month if I'm reading him right!)

It was the best thing we could have ever done for many reason.. but one of them being that it paved the way to our PERFECT ering! My promise ring has rose gold (which I had never seen before) and we fell in love with it. We had our solitaire custom made from rose gold! It's "unique to us" and all of the jewelery he has bought me so far has rose in it! So for us it worked!
3.gif

And that's my 2 cents! lol

Congrats on your promise ring! Can't wait to see a pic
9.gif

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Haha. I love it.

I must admit, I have a sour taste in my mouth from promise rings because out of all the times I've seen them given, I've only seen the promise kept about 30% of the time...so they don't hold a lot of salt with me. But I'd TOTALLY wear a gumball machine/arcade winnings ring! Post a picture in the 'finger warmer' thread!
2.gif
Well my FI kept his promise to me! I'm from the UK and we DON'T DO promise rings so when my then Amercian boyfriend gave me a .50ct 'promise ring' I though "what the heck is a promise ring". Well he gave me it and promised to proposed within a year. 9 months later he proposed in Paris
9.gif
. I love my promise ring and wear it on my right hand.

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/31/2009 5:33:46 AM
Author: Londongirl1

Haha. I love it.

I must admit, I have a sour taste in my mouth from promise rings because out of all the times I''ve seen them given, I''ve only seen the promise kept about 30% of the time...so they don''t hold a lot of salt with me. But I''d TOTALLY wear a gumball machine/arcade winnings ring! Post a picture in the ''finger warmer'' thread!
2.gif
Well my FI kept his promise to me! I''m from the UK and we DON''T DO promise rings so when my then Amercian boyfriend gave me a .50ct ''promise ring'' I though ''what the heck is a promise ring''. Well he gave me it and promised to proposed within a year. 9 months later he proposed in Paris
9.gif
I''m STILL not quite clear on the whole "promise ring" thing. Until I found PS I''d never even heard of one.

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/31/2009 6:40:51 AM
Author: kribbie

Haha. I love it.

2.gif

Well my FI kept his promise to me! I''m from the UK and we DON''T DO promise rings so when my then Amercian boyfriend gave me a .50ct ''promise ring'' I though ''what the heck is a promise ring''. Well he gave me it and promised to proposed within a year. 9 months later he proposed in Paris
9.gif
I''m STILL not quite clear on the whole ''promise ring'' thing. Until I found PS I''d never even heard of one.
well kribbie, in our case it''s more like an "if it weren''t for the economy we''d be getting engaged pretty soon, but in the meantime here''s a token representing the future we have together" ring
5.gif

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock

Haha. I love it.

2.gif
9.gif
I''m STILL not quite clear on the whole ''promise ring'' thing. Until I found PS I''d never even heard of one.
Yeah, people always ask me how come I got 2 diamond rings?? I''m just happy that my man has great taste in jewelry
2.gif

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/31/2009 10:14:33 AM
Author: suchende

Haha. I love it.

2.gif

9.gif
well kribbie, in our case it''s more like an ''if it weren''t for the economy we''d be getting engaged pretty soon, but in the meantime here''s a token representing the future we have together'' ring
5.gif
Ah! Okay, got it.
1.gif

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/31/2009 4:10:24 PM

Haha. I love it.

2.gif
9.gif
Yeah, people always ask me how come I got 2 diamond rings?? I''m just happy that my man has great taste in jewelry
2.gif
You are a very lucky lady! Hmmm I think it might be time to drop a couple of hints...
11.gif
"But honey, EVERYONE has one!"
9.gif

I think it''s a nice gesture.

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
thanks ladies for all the kind words. i''m just so happy right now. i feel like our future is very bright, and wouldn''t even care if he re-used my arcade ring as my engagement ring AND wedding band! i''m a full-on gumball ring convert!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
How sweet! I''ve always been a sucker for the gum-ball-machine-ring-stories!
1.gif
36.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/5/2009 10:10:57 PM
Author: szh07
How sweet! I''ve always been a sucker for the gum-ball-machine-ring-stories!
1.gif
36.gif
haha... love it! Ditto here
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results