shape
carat
color
clarity

Fear Of Fat Quiz

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I thought this was pretty intreasting... and kinda of wonder how my workout thread buddies would do.
(1 = very untrue, 2 = somewhat untrue,
3 = somewhat true, 4 = very true)
My biggest fear is of becoming fat.
I am afraid to gain even a little weight.
I believe there is a real risk that I will become overweight someday.
I don’t understand how overweight people can live with themselves.
Becoming fat would be the worst thing that could happen to me.
6. If I stopped concentrating on controlling my weight, chances are I would become very fat.
7. There is nothing that I can do to make the thought of gaining weight less painful and frightening.
8. I feel like all my energy goes into controlling my weight.
9. If I can eat even a little, I may lose control and not stop eating.
10. Staying hungry is the only way I can guard against losing control and becoming fat.

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
I'm afraid to ask what the each range of scores means....I feel like my number was high.

ETA: I scored a 23...I'm technically not overweight and I don't feel like I obsess...that number makes me feel like i'd be in the "too weight conscious" category though

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
I scored a 22, but it was hard to answer some of the questions because I am already overweight. So it''s hard for me to fear something that has already happened. My score would probably be a lot higher if I was at my target weight and was afraid of gaining all of the weight back!

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Guess I can''t be too afraid of gaining weight, considering I''ve put on 100 lbs in 10 yrs
3.gif
!

and even though I''m not proud of it, my weight is hardly a tragedy and certainly not a mystery- I compulsively overeat. I''m active, have many people in my life who love me and a BF who tells me I''m beautiful....the over-eating is not healthy and neither is my weight but thank goodness it doesn''t keep me from being happy.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
With all the REALLY horrible things that can happen (diagnosed with cancer, losing a family member, etc), it''s hard to imagine some folks consider "getting fat" a reason for anxiety.

20.gif

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
This thread made me really laugh.....all my belly rolls and triple chins are jiggling right now
41.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Hmm...I got a 27...(incidentally that''s my lucky number, but I''m not sure that''s a good thing in this case).

Then again, I already knew I had a lot of issues with my weight from when I used to do ballet. Also, some fo the questions are a bit unfair - the ones about becoming overweight especially, because my whole family is overweight and so I don''t think its irrational or even unhealthy for me to think that if I wasn''t careful I would become very fat and that there is a good chance I could become very overweight in the future...

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I am fat so I'm not too worried about it anymore.
41.gif
41.gif
41.gif
41.gif
ROTFL
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

And LOL Libster. Yes, got a good knee slap out of that. OUCH. Oops, that was my boob, didn't see it hanging down there underneath my desk
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

LIBSTER AND FOUNTAIN- Let's go out to dinner sometime
31.gif

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Gosh I must be vain. I'd honestly rather be dead than fat.

Oh, i scored 14.

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/27/2005 5:05:23 PM
Author: ForteKitty
Gosh I must be vain. I''d honestly rather be dead than fat.

Oh, i scored 14.
33.gif
How in the world did you score so low? Are you serious about rather being dead than fat?? I would have thought that you would have scored at least 30 or more if that''s how you seriously feel!
9.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
That''s really sad.....and really whacked to me. I cannot imagine being dead being a better choice than anything.

I just wonder.....does the aversion to fat extend to online friends too? For those who have a fixation on weight, would you drop your friendships with folks here if you were to learn they weren''t skinny? Do you suddenly not like someone anymore when you discover they aren''t a size 2?

I honestly didn''t believe that people experienced being discrimiinated against because of their weight, but I''m guessing from the trend in this thread that I''m wrong. I just think that''s sad.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Again, through one of those childrens surveys my mother took home from a teaching seminar, percentage wise, first-graders would rather lose their left arm than be fat.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I am really speachless at your statement Forte. Just speachless. That is probably the most pathetic thing I've heard on pricescope ever.
7.gif

But I'm sure you're not alone. It's a shame that death is more appealing than packing on the pounds.
23.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2005 5:15:05 PM
Author: Erin
...percentage wise, first-graders would rather lose their left arm than be fat.
Really? It''s too bad someone can''t oblige them. I''m guessing that the *reality* of losing one''s left arm is quite a bit different than the colloquiallism, and I''d bet the vast majority of them would change their minds after about 3 hours of actually living minus an arm.
6.gif

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2005 5:13:49 PM
Author: aljdewey

I just wonder.....does the aversion to fat extend to online friends too? For those who have a fixation on weight, would you drop your friendships with folks here if you were to learn they weren''t skinny? Do you suddenly not like someone anymore when you discover they aren''t a size 2?

I honestly didn''t believe that people experienced being discrimiinated against because of their weight, but I''m guessing from the trend in this thread that I''m wrong. I just think that''s sad.
Did I ever say I didn''t like fat people? If you must know, my best friend is very *healthy*, and I love her to pieces.
20.gif
My boyfriend is also a little *cuddly*. I don''t discriminate against other people''s weight.

I said I would rather be dead if *I* were fat. I just don''t like the way I look in clothes if there is excess flab on me. Luckily, I am a size 0 and I eat whatever I want, whenever I want. No exercise required, and I''ve never had to worry about gaining weight. Thank goodness for good genes.
2.gif

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I guess death doesn't really matter to me at this point. I have lost 4 cats within the past 3 months, and I'm pretty numb at this point. I don't see much of a reason to live anymore.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
"I don't like the way I look in clothes" v. "I'm in a box being eatin' by worms." Hmmmm.
That IS a though choice!

*** EDITED- WHAT??????????? Forte. Seriously, see someone. I know it must be hard. I've lost pets too. My babies are like my children and I'm sure yours were too. But maybe you need to talk to someone if you're that depressed.

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/27/2005 5:05:23 PM
Gosh I must be vain. I''d honestly rather be dead than fat.

Oh, i scored 14.
Everyone is entitled to their own thoughts, however this is why there are so many ladies -- especially teenagers and pre-teens -- with eating disorders and horrible self-images. I had a mother bring in a prescription a couple of months ago for Adipex (an appetite suppressant) for her 16 year old daughter -- who was maybe only 10 lbs overweight. I refused to fill it, not for moral reasons but b/c it is a dangerous drug. I could not believe the doctor actually prescribed it.

I may be a little biased b/c one of my close friends died at the age of 21 from anorexia. Her parents still haven''t gotten over her death and to this day feel guilty that they couldn''t help more.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Just really horrible.

and p.s. I lost 40 lbs at 5'11" on Adipex before my wedding. Guess what. It came back. I was very tempted to go back on it... the dr gives it out without a complete physical...just a blood pressure reading
6.gif
. But it's just too much to risk.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Gosh, i''m not gonna kill myself. Just numb. There''s a big difference.

I wont run in front of a car, but i wouldn''t mind if one hit me. Don''t worry.
1.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Well, you kinda said you don''t see any reason for living- that''s not a "healthy" statement. See someone
34.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Did I say you *didn't* like fat people? No, I didn't.
20.gif
I asked....not accused, asked..... a question....directed GENERALLY to *people who fixate on weight* (not YOU....unless that is you) if their viewpoints on weight affected who they would maintain friendships with.

No need for the attitude.
20.gif
It's a simple question.......about the same as asking if being fat is the worst thing that could happen to someone.
1.gif
To which, I'd reply: No, I'd rather be fat than vain. (Again, NOT directed at you...just a general statement).

Different strokes, I guess..........
2.gif

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/27/2005 5:23:26 PM
Luckily, I am a size 0 and I eat whatever I want, whenever I want. No exercise required, and I''ve never had to worry about gaining weight. Thank goodness for good genes.
2.gif
Ahaaaaaa...That''s how you scored so low!
28.gif

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/27/2005 5:28:51 PM
Gosh, i''m not gonna kill myself. Just numb. There''s a big difference.

I wont run in front of a car, but i wouldn''t mind if one hit me. Don''t worry.
1.gif
I''m not a psychiatrist (just your neighborhood pharmacist) but seriously, FK, this statement really scares me. There''s really not any difference between purposely running in front of a car and just "letting" one hit you.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
GASP!!!!!!!!! JELLYBEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you''re SO getting a PM from me!!!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2005 5:31:14 PM
Author: aljdewey
Did I say you *didn''t* like fat people? No, I didn''t.
20.gif
I asked....not accused, asked..... a question....directed GENERALLY to *people who fixate on weight* (not YOU....unless that is you) if their viewpoints on weight affected who they would maintain friendships with.

No need for the attitude.
20.gif
It''s a simple question.......about the same as asking if being fat is the worst thing that could happen to someone.
1.gif
There''s a very fine line between asking and accusing. For some reason you always sound like you''re accusing people of certain things. Maybe it''s the underlining and the *highlighting*.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2005 5:32:16 PM
Author: jellybean

I''m not a psychiatrist (just your neighborhood pharmacist) but seriously, FK, this statement really scares me. There''s really not any difference between purposely running in front of a car and just ''letting'' one hit you.
Geez, i think you guys are way overreacting. I got my degrees in Psychology, and I happen to know that I''m nowhere near suicide. Relax, okay?

Besides, I want to look good at my funeral. The last thing I''d want is for my family and friends to see me in a pile of mush.
9.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Okay Here are the results…I posted because I got a 35 but I know for a fat that I am a, uh healthy eater. I was just thinking these things can be off… I did not mean for this to turn into something harsh.
17.3 –non dieter
18.33 general fear
3 or more diets a year -23.9
Bulimia Nervosa- 30
Anorexia Nervosa- 35

Rockchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/27/2005 6:17:34 PM
Author: Matatora
Okay Here are the results…I posted because I got a 35 but I know for a fat that I am a, uh healthy eater. I was just thinking these things can be off… I did not mean for this to turn into something harsh.
17.3 –non dieter
18.33 general fear
3 or more diets a year -23.9
Bulimia Nervosa- 30
Anorexia Nervosa- 35
o dear,

I hate these things!
I waisted +/- 8 years of my life being anorexic AND bulimic! Don''t worry about your weight, there are bigger things. I''m still mad at myself that I "lost" so many years while I could be doing other stuff. It is such a shame that we put SO much emphasis on weight. Don''t get me wrong, I do it, and I still struggle with it, but I refuse to let the whole weigt thing take control again.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2005 5:43:06 PM

There's a very fine line between asking and accusing.
Yes, I'd wholeheartedly agree with that, having been on the other end of it myself. Knowing that, I was exceedingly careful in how I framed the question precisely so it wouldn't be taken personally or out of context. Those who look for offense are going to find it.

Date: 6/27/2005 5:43:06 PM

For some reason you always sound like you're accusing people of certain things. Maybe it's the underlining and the *highlighting*.

Go ahead and take another look at the first response I made....the one you thought was accusing. Show me where there's a single highlight or underline.......? There wasn't a single one. In fact, the highlighting started with you.....your post.
1.gif

Nah,.....my guess is that it's because I'm direct, and some folks have a hard time with that......and I think you're among that group. I'm not sure why being firm in one's convictions has to be seen as a negative. Maybe it's just your perception of it, which I also cannot change.
1.gif

I am truly sorry to hear of your sorrow on the loss of your cats. I have lost several animals myself, and it's hell. I wouldn't wish that for anyone, and I hope you find comfort in the memories of the times you've spent with them. Somehow, it just doesn't seem fair that we're here for such a long time, and they can't be with us that long, too. I sincerely hope you find solace.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results