shape
carat
color
clarity

What? Seriously? DWTS is so not the place for this.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Who are the weirdos who insist on making a political statement by keeping Bristol Palin in the running on this show, while sending perfectly good dancers home??

C'mon.

I lean rather right of center myself.

I voted for her mother. (Not without serious reservation.)

I would never vote for Bristol.

This is simply ridiculous. And a huge problem for the other couples working their butts off.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holly - I couldn't agree more! I sort of think that part of the point of this week's double elimination was to -uhm- help encourage a timely departure for Bristol, but if that's the case, it didn't work.

She's clearly the weakest remaining dancer, and has been ever since Pamela Anderson was sent home on week 1!

ETA - you realize of course that asking the question makes you a "hater"!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I'm a hater? According to Bristol, or her fawning fans?

I don't have a beef against the girl. Although hooking up with Levi was a truly stupid move that I have trouble understanding . . .

But she cannot dance. I can't dance. It's nothing personal. It just is.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree. totally.

To be fair though, she's not the only one to benefit from having a good fan base. I think Katherine Jenkins would have won last year if she hadn't been up against the NBA (or was it NFL?) fan base.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
what frustrates me is that Bristol's fan base is not hers, but her mother's. If it was her own , then I would find a little more validity in it.

I'm really not a hater, either. She seems like a nice enough girl, despite her past poor taste in boys. She dances better than I can, I'm sure, but not nearly at the level of this season's competitors, including Drew and Guiles.

You know, it's one thing for the tweens to vote en masse for the Disney stars, because they know them best, another for adults to vote for a politician's daughter to make a statement (of what, I don't know.)

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wait she's on DWTS again? I thought this was an old thread at first, because wasn't she already on it?

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Well, it is the DWTS All-Stars season.

Yes, I realize how ridiculous that sounds when talking about Bristol or Pamela.

Some of the contestants have actually won their seasons: Drew Lachey, Emmit Smith, Kelly Monaco.

Some came close: Kirstie Alley, Sabrina Whatever-Her-Name-Is, for example.

But Bristol was chosen for controversy. I'm sure of it. It has Anderson Cooper all worked up. He railed that she needs a real job, and to disappear from television. That's a whole lotta angst over someone he doesn't have to watch. So I guess he's one of the haters that stir up interest in DWTS?? Then people tune in to find out if she's still hanging on?

Might get viewers, but what about fairness to the other contestants?

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
I am a big fan of DWTS, and Bristol should have gone after that sleep-inducing quickstep. But imo, she was not the worst on Monday. IMO, Drew should have gone home. And the other one should have been Kirstie. In all fairness, her fan base will also keep her in longer than she should be in the competition.

As far as the blow up with Mark, I think die hard fans know that tptb staged and exploited it, as they have done with other couples in the past.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Apparently it is political. Better dancers have been cut.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
There is a Vote for the Worst website where they encourage people to vote for the worst and keep that person on. They do it with American Idol too. Bristol and Kirstie should have been the one's to go...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
thing2of2|1349867533|3282681 said:
Wait she's on DWTS again? I thought this was an old thread at first, because wasn't she already on it?
LOL I thought ^^ Bristol was awful when I saw the season she was on DWTS.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
She's a bit less of a . . . cow . . . this time around. And I don't say that to be mean. I know what I would be like out there on stage, and it ain't pretty.

I'm surprised anyone thinks Kirstie should have been gone; I thought her cha-cha was pretty good. For a not-so-light lady, she seemed light on her feet.

But I do think Drew, based on his numbers, and some attitude of "Who me? I WON this puppy! Give me some better scores!", was chosen correctly. The other elimination should certainly have been Bristol, based on performance and numbers. No question.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
I can't believe that Dancing With The Stars would sully their impeccable reputation for integrity and fair play in sporting by allowing this charade to continue.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
At last! Order has been restored to the universe!

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
Oh yay I can finally watch again. I missed this thread when it first came up, but I have been protesting DWTS ( my fave show :(( ) by not watching due to that two-left-footed twit being chosen as an "all-star". I was seriously afraid of watching all season again waiting for her to get booted week in and week out again only to have her in the finals again. Her being saved by voters is nothing more than a political stunt as she has no talent on the dance floor. I guess I was wrong about America... they do know when enough is enough and when to end the bad dancing haha. From what I hear Kirstie Alley is not doing well but she is also saved by the viewers. I guess I'll see for myself next Monday :)

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
IMO, Kirstie's performance last week was even worse than Bristol's which was why she was in last place.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1350506320|3287271 said:
IMO, Kirstie's performance last week was even worse than Bristol's which was why she was in last place.

Technically perhaps, but Bristol's routine was much less demanding... and even then, she looked like she was just going through the paces. Anyhow, I agree that Kirstie is now the weakest dancer left.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results