shape
carat
color
clarity

Venting: Who would do this!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Last week I put out 7 garbage cans...all red. We usually don''t use all our cans, but come Christmas we have loads of trash. When I got home from work, the trash had been collected...and, my cans were gone. All of them. Someone obviously took them. Our garbage collectors wouldn''t make a mistake like that.

So, instead of getting upset about it, I figured someone made a mistake and would put them back out there this week once they realized they messed up....well, NO! They are gone and we now have NO cans.

I am so disgusted. I''m pissed I have to replace all the cans...I''m pissed someone would steal from me...I''m just mad all the way around. Who would do that? How much of a scumbag do you have to be to steal someones garbage cans? I am seriously considering postings notes on our community mailboxes letting everyone know that even if it''s just garbage cans, it''s still theft and if I see them out, I will call the police. I AM SO FRUSTRATED!!!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some people just suck!
29.gif

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
Is red an unusual color for cans in your neighborhood? Seems like they will stick out like a sore thumb if someone uses them. Keep your eyes open. Really weird and low down behavior.
31.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Italia, is it possible that your garbage collector picked up the cans and threw them away? Our garbage collection is automated, so everything HAS to be in the provided can. But I''m pretty sure in other places I''ve lived, whatever you put out there, goes.

I''m sorry your trashcans were stolen...but unfortunately, these days, it seems like anything of value that is unattended is subject to getting swiped.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did you tip your garbage collectors for Xmas?
11.gif
31.gif

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This brings up a George Carlinesque question, How DO you throw away a trash can?
33.gif
34.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That does stink -- and I'm sure it will cost you a bit to replace your cans.

Where I live the trash cans are provided by the utility and you have to use their cans (automated pickups, like Elmorton). I mark my cans nonetheless -- I paint stripes around the edge of the lid to match the stripes on the garage door
9.gif
. I know that seems a little paranoid since I don't even have to pay for the cans, but... but it dates back to the time that there was a daycare center across the alley from me and they'd swap their trash cans after the trash was picked up, forcing me to put a can in my enclosed garage that had been obviously been stuffed to the gills with stinky poopy diapers not all that long ago.

Anyhow, you might consider marking your replacement cans.

With paint, of course.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Don''t know where you are located, but we have had some pretty strong winds a few weeks ago and even though it wasn''t trash day my trash cans were all over my driveway and one of the lids disappeared. My neighbor lost her entire trash can, but later found it because she has her house # and street name on it. Is it possible that they blew away?

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
That sucks! Someone stole my old style metal can that you can no longer get, it was new, had been in storage . Husband said they probably sold it for scrap when metals were high.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ours isn''t automated, but a few years ago the city did come out w/a new policy that if the garbage was in regular cans, it either wouldn''t be picked up at all, or they''d take the cans too. You have to either rent the big roller garbage cans from the city, or haul the bags to the curb. Still, you''d think you''d have been notified if they were going to do something like that. I wonder what in the world goes thru someones mind that they would steal garbage cans?? It''s so weird!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s so strange. First of all how could someone fit 7 cans in theri car?? I have never seen red trash cans...? I hope they show up, that sucks!!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/1/2010 4:56:53 PM
Author: Kaleigh
That''s so strange. First of all how could someone fit 7 cans in theri car?? I have never seen red trash cans...? I hope they show up, that sucks!!

Which makes me wonder if the trash guys took them by accident or on purpose...

I know where we lived when we were switching over to the automated carts if you put out an "old" trash can with trash in it they would just take it.

Also, just a thought-but have you guys gotten a lot of snow recently? Any chance they blew somewhere and are under a snow drift or a plow plowed them somewhere?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ace Hardware sells red trash cans so LOTS of people have red cans. So sorry this happened, but I can''t imagine WHY anyone would take them????

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
Times are getting so bad for so many people. I received a Christmas card containing $50 in cash from a relative... well, I was supposed to receive it. Instead I got a torn up envelope and a missing card and cash. It''s awful. I agree with painting your house number in big white letters on your new barrels. Next time you put them out guard the windows!
32.gif

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
You can actually fill up 7 garbage cans? Our service only covers 2 cans per household. If you do replace them maybe you should get the large 40-50 gallon size which would be more difficult to steal. And spray paint on your address.

It's hard to imagine anyone stealing stinky garbage cans, packing them into their car and driving away. Did you call the trash company to see if they may have removed them thinking they were to be disposed of?

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
That is incredibly strange...Did you call the garbage collector just to verify it wasn''t them? Other than that, I can only ditto others - painting the numbers on the cans seems like the only reasonable solution.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/1/2010 5:50:14 PM
Author: swingirl
It''s hard to imagine anyone stealing stinky garbage cans, packing them into their car and driving away. Did you call the trash company to see if they may have removed them thinking they were to be disposed of?

Ditto this. I doubt anyone stole them - the trash trucks with the automated lift do NOT get out at every single house because it would take them all day, so if you put out a trash can that isn''t "designated" by your trash collection company, you won''t be getting them back.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s just - completely bizarre.

Why in the world would anyone want to steal garbage bins?
33.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Our neighbors (at our old house) believe it or not, had a party and took our cans! They kept them for about 2 weeks. We were in the process of moving out and I think they figured that we wouldn''t notice.
20.gif

That said, WHERE did you find red garbage cans? Here we have ones given to us by the waste management company and it has a bar on the back so the truck can lift the can up without anyone having to get out to do so. . .

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
In my city you can do either automated or not...we do not have city issued garbage containers. Ours are the good old fashion "drag out the curb" and drop. I know for a fact that the garbage men get out of the truck, load our cans and then replace them on the curb, I''ve seen it happen.

I bought them at ACE hardware when we were renovating because we needed tons of cans to contain our mess. We have no "cap" on how many you cans you can have or how much trash you can toss, so 7 was a reasonable number. Christmas we used all the can because we have a ton of junk that needs to go...not to mention we''re downsizing and disposing of a lot of house stuff...it was a very trashy week in our home. Usually I put out two or three cans.

Red is uncommon on our block (which is why I liked it) and I do have spray painted numbers on them...my husband is usually really good about that. This wasn''t a "mistake" by any means...someone stole them for sure.

I am going to go out next garbage day and double check with the collectors that an "oopps" didn''t happen...but I find it hard to swallow that all 7 would be trashed. If that is the case, however, I will accept it and move on...but if someone DID steal them, it''s SOOO ON!

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
You can actually fill up 7 garbage cans? Our service only covers 2 cans per household. If you do replace them maybe you should get the large 40-50 gallon size which would be more difficult to steal. And spray paint on your address.

It''s hard to imagine anyone stealing stinky garbage cans, packing them into their car and driving away. Did you call the trash company to see if they may have removed them thinking they were to be disposed of?

We only get ONE bin and one recycling box! It''s absolutely ridiculous. Half the week my husband has to take stinky garbage bags to the dump before he goes to work.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m really sorry Italia. It''s very strange that someone would steal garbage cans. I would be angry too. Hopefully they needed them more than you? I don''t say that to upset you. Maybe they were just really trashy people?
33.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it''s sad that someone was SO down on their luck that they just HAD to steal 7 garbage cans!!
38.gif

If they really needed ONE, ok, (not that I condone stealing, but at least they wouldn''t have left you with nothing!)... but ALL 7!!
33.gif

Losers....

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/1/2010 9:21:31 PM
Author: PinkAsscher678

We only get ONE bin and one recycling box! It''s absolutely ridiculous. Half the week my husband has to take stinky garbage bags to the dump before he goes to work.

Yeah we only get one of each too. With twin babies in diapers it''s pretty hard for us to stick to our allotted amount too!

reader

Brilliant_Rock
My husband is upset that I refuse to buy any more garbage cans. I have had one stolen here, and three at my last place.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
1-posting notes around the neighborhood is not a good idea. it may not even be someone from the neighborhood who took them.
2-its only 1/1/2010 and you''re already pissed and angry.....not a good omen for the year.

mz

ps yeah, i''d be ticked but i''d probably figure given the season and all that someone perhaps needed them more than me, that i am a very fortunate person to have my health and my husband, and i''d figure that given the scope of the problems in the world, i''d be fortunte that this is the only thing i''d have to be so very upset about. but then that''s just me after more decades of living that most here at pricescope.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results