shape
carat
color
clarity

the most unhealthy junk food you ever ate?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1/2 cake doesn't seem so bad DF- good self control on your part!

Not sure but probably rock candy when I was a little girl- used to love that. Wonder if they still make it? I don't think I would care for it anymore though. Now I prefer my dh's cheesecake or apple pie for sure!

nomissjane

Shiny_Rock
I grew up on the beach in Sydney, and we used to get a deep fried Mars Bar at the local hamburger shop after a day at the beach....I'm guessing about a weeks worth of calories.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have no idea...probably a double juicy lucy with bacon and a side of cheese curds when Im in Mpls.

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
ame|1348056638|3270772 said:
I have no idea...probably a double juicy lucy with bacon and a side of cheese curds when Im in Mpls.

Cheese curds at any county fair, for sure. I am in Minnesota, so it's basically a religious rite to eat cheese curds at least once a year. :bigsmile:

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
rubybeth|1348060735|3270797 said:
ame|1348056638|3270772 said:

Cheese curds at any county fair, for sure. I am in Minnesota, so it's basically a religious rite to eat cheese curds at least once a year. :bigsmile:

OMG my friend from Wisconsin brought me back cheese curds the last time she was there and they were AMAZING. They weren't fried though, just regular.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
The most recent unhealthy junk food I had was a GIANT funnel cake at the boardwalk. I mean it was 4 times the size of a regular funnel cake. Apparently the girl making it liked me! Or hated me? :cheeky:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I had a jalapino (sp) corn dog at the Calgary Stampede this year and it was YUMMY!

Doubt it is the worse thing I've ever consumed...it is probably the 5 rusty nails (scotch + drambuie) I used to drink a couple of times a week as a young single gal!

cheers--Sharon

Inimitable_D

Rough_Rock
When I was in high school, I would occassionally eat chocolate icing right out of the Duncan Hines container. Oh, and I paired it with whole milk to drink. It makes me cringe just thinking about it now!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe not exactly the same, but my weakness is creamy seafood pasta dishes. Sky high in cholesterol/fat but so hard to refuse. Husband knows my weakness, the other day made creamy pasta dish with smoked salmon and peas so good! Probably shortening my life but what a way to go...

I love all versions of sweets, including Little debbies but typically allow myself 1 treat per day. I love doughnuts, but try to stay away from them.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
hmmm I use to drink Slurpee's years ago. Twinkies? I don't know, those cake things have tons of preservatives; maybe something Little Debbie? I can't believe I ate some of those things; I would seriously gag to eat any of them now.

oh probably in high school I would eat these pie things (hostess pie) you could buy at the grocery store; I use to love them (so gross now) :knockout: I seriously can't believe I ate this stuff!

hostess_fruit_pies.jpg

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy|1348066033|3270866 said:
hmmm I use to drink Slurpee's years ago. Twinkies? I don't know, those cake things have tons of preservatives; maybe something Little Debbie? I can't believe I ate some of those things; I would seriously gag to eat any of them now.

Top Ramen? I notice now when I eat it, my eye get a bit puffy from all the sodium!

After watching Zombieland, we went and bought some Twinkies and I swear they didn't taste as good as I remember them being. In fact, they were gross. I can't imagine risking my life and having my brain eaten by a Zombie over getting a Twinkie fix!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock

oh probably in high school I would eat these pie things (hostess pie) you could buy at the grocery store; I use to love them (so gross now) :knockout: I seriously can't believe I ate this stuff!

hahaha I loved those too. Now, I think back, I ate a lot of crap. One of my worst habits was I use to dip my finger in the sugar jar and eat the sugar right off my finger. I went straight to the source! :o I caught my son trying to make "sugar water" once. He is neurotic about organic foods, so he was mixing organic sugar with water! lol

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
MC|1348066431|3270877 said:

hahaha I loved those too. Now, I think back, I ate a lot of crap. One of my worst habits was I use to dip my finger in the sugar jar and eat the sugar right off my finger. I went straight to the source! :o I caught my son trying to make "sugar water" once. He is neurotic about organic foods, so he was mixing organic sugar with water! lol

lol about the organic sugar! I use to eat the little debbie oatmeal creme cakes, omg gag!!!! I still am in shock I would eat some of that! I use to love ramen too, yucko!!!!!! ick to twinkies; I can't eat any of that stuff now, seriously gross! I am wondering why I had such crappy taste buds back then. :-o

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two Words...

Krispy Kreme!!!! Glazed anything!!! The Warmer the better!!!

:-o OMG.. SUGAR, SHORTENING and MORE SUGAR.... and I craved them when I was pregnant... now.. not so much thank goodness!!!

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
DF, you're getting all of us Homer Simpsons to confess.

I used to have a thing for frozen Twinkies. They had to be frozen.
mmmmmm Chili cheese Fritos mmmmmmm
And I realize a chunk of the world doesn't consider it junk food, but could chorizo get any badder? I had some turkey chorizo in Dallas a few weeks ago and it was good, but not the real thing.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I was a teenager I think I ate a hamburger and fries at a McDonald's once.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Those were good! I used to eat the cherry ones all the time.

The most unhealthy was probably White Castle--gross! My hub loves it, but it's just so greasy.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1348043812|3270724 said:
1/2 cake doesn't seem so bad DF- good self control on your part!

Not sure but probably rock candy when I was a little girl- used to love that. Wonder if they still make it? I don't think I would care for it anymore though. Now I prefer my dh's cheesecake or apple pie for sure!
well,i check the #s...1/2 cake = 520 calories,total fat = 12%,cholesterol = 15%. how bad are these #s ?.. :confused:
when i bite into the cake the oil from the duck egg yoke oozes out.. :lickout: ..everytime when i'm eatting the cake i tell my family to get ready to call 911 just in case i get a heart attack.. ::)

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Years ago when I was pregnant I at foie gras with some relatives in France (they eat it all the time). Blech :knockout: Never ate it again. Talk about morning sickness...

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'll admit to one from column A, one from column b and 3 from column c!! Ya'll are making me hungry! Krispy Kreme, fritos, fruit pies....don't forget nachos smothered in queso!!!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deep fried candybars ala Nigella Lawson, damn her.

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Dancing Fire|1348033473|3270705 said:
Sept 30 is Mid-Autumn Festival. i love Chinese mooncakes :lickout: = instant heart attack... ::) ..i don't wanna know how many calories per cake.i usually eat 1/2 a cake each time. :nono:

http://www.lotsofcravings.com/2010/08/wing-wah-mooncakes-imported-from-hong.html

I have never heard of mooncake, so I did a little google research... holy cow! 1,000 calories packed into a little 10cm diameter cake?!? They must be SO rich! We are going to Monterey Park for dim sum next weekend--I should make a trip to Kee Wah bakery to try some!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tuffyluvr|1348079426|3271078 said:
Sept 30 is Mid-Autumn Festival. i love Chinese mooncakes :lickout: = instant heart attack... ::) ..i don't wanna know how many calories per cake.i usually eat 1/2 a cake each time. :nono:

http://www.lotsofcravings.com/2010/08/wing-wah-mooncakes-imported-from-hong.html

I have never heard of mooncake, so I did a little google research... holy cow! 1,000 calories packed into a little 10cm diameter cake?!? They must be SO rich! We are going to Monterey Park for dim sum next weekend--I should make a trip to Kee Wah bakery to try some!
get ready to call 911.. ::)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I generally avoid anything completely over processed. But I do enjoy the occasional Easy Cheese on a Ritz Cracker.

Worst junk food binge was when I was a teenager though. After school a friend and I decided to fry up a full pound of bacon and eat it with cola. THEN I went home and had dinner. I'm still amazed I was a size 0 back then.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1348090086|3271202 said:
tuffyluvr|1348079426|3271078 said:

get ready to call 911.. ::)

When I was younger, I used to cut them all open and eat all the egg yolk. (maybe 10 egg yolks total?) The rest of it doesn't impress me!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1348093898|3271243 said:
I generally avoid anything completely over processed. But I do enjoy the occasional Easy Cheese on a Ritz Cracker.

Worst junk food binge was when I was a teenager though. After school a friend and I decided to fry up a full pound of bacon and eat it with cola. THEN I went home and had dinner. I'm still amazed I was a size 0 back then.

OMG! That one has to take the cake!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha, I used to eat those horrible Hostess fruit pies, too.

When I was little I loved bologna and American cheese sandwiches on white bread with Miracle Whip. And those wafer cookies with the cream filling, they were vanilla, strawberry, and chocolate flavored. It sounds disgusting to me now, but I probably could eat those things again without too much pressure. I just choose not to now! :bigsmile:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
monarch64|1348099433|3271290 said:
Ha, I used to eat those horrible Hostess fruit pies, too.

When I was little I loved bologna and American cheese sandwiches on white bread with Miracle Whip. And those wafer cookies with the cream filling, they were vanilla, strawberry, and chocolate flavored. It sounds disgusting to me now, but I probably could eat those things again without too much pressure. I just choose not to now! :bigsmile:
lol! OMG I loved bologna too, with the red plastic around it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results