shape
carat
color
clarity

Jessica Simpson Engaged....

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
I like her ring but overall I feel it's more of a stunt. She was upset about Nick getting engaged and then she's engaged RIGHT after that? hmmmm :???:

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have my doubts...timing just seems really off...

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Sparkly and Tacori, I totally agree that it is awfully strange timing here. If it is a stunt from JS's team, I think it is in poor taste on her part for sure.:nono:

However if it is for real, then I totally liked her first e-ring better for her! This new ring is more classic and she is more modern and trendy in my opinion. We shall see. Has anyone seen any pics of Vanessa Manillo's ring? Just curious...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
lizzy, V's ring is amazing I am sure. US mag said it was a 4 ct asscher. :love: :love: :love:

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
In the first link - her body language ( her head tilted forward ) is kinda off... Not sure she is actually all that way vested into the relationship. But I am also a psycho - so my observations are mostly cr@p. :bigsmile:

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
ame- her head's always tilted like that in pics... not sure when it started but some time ago someone must have told her it looks good (that person should be fired!), so in every pic, her shoulders are back.. and head is craned forward.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I clicked on the link just to see her ring. I actually didn't know she was seeing anybody I guess. I don't pay much attention to celebs. BUT, I had to post to tell you what my son said. When I opened the link and Jess's face popped up, he looked at her for a minute and said. "I don't want to marry her. I don't like her beautifulness. I like your beautifulness." :tongue:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seems kinds suspicious right after Nick announces his engagement. Poor timing to me. Don't think they will make it to the wedding.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
somethingshiny|1289786993|2766138 said:
I clicked on the link just to see her ring. I actually didn't know she was seeing anybody I guess. I don't pay much attention to celebs. BUT, I had to post to tell you what my son said. When I opened the link and Jess's face popped up, he looked at her for a minute and said. "I don't want to marry her. I don't like her beautifulness. I like your beautifulness." :tongue:

awww...how old is your son? So sweet...

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Tacori E-ring|1289783635|2766081 said:
lizzy, V's ring is amazing I am sure. US mag said it was a 4 ct asscher. :love: :love: :love:

ooh! I'm gonna have to google that bad boy!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
V's ring is much more my taste. J's really doesn't do much for me.

**JT will be 5 in Feb.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
:o Knock me down with a feather.

I have outed myself as a Jessica fan in the other thread but this is not the best move.

"He's the one for me right now!" she said

- that doesn't sound very promising, but good luck to her! (She'll need it) Perhaps the old clock is a ticking?

BTW- anybody remember the hoo-ha about the 1st e-ring? Apparently she wanted a round solitaire; well she still hasn't got one....

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm...a little weird with the timing. I think she's trying to keep up with Nick. But we'll see, maybe they'll be happy together!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agreed, the timing seems very suspicious. Perhaps she didn't want to feel left out of the spotlight. And her comment about him being the right one for me now? Really? Oh gee, how nice, but that's not usually how people feel when they accept a proposal and are planning a life with someone. I think the engagement is a publicity stunt.

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Laila619|1289828869|2766475 said:
Hmm...a little weird with the timing. I think she's trying to keep up with Nick. But we'll see, maybe they'll be happy together!

I dont get this. How is SHE keeping up with anyone. Was she not ASKED? They probably didn't care about what Nick was doing and as far as we all know they got engaged on the same day and she was JUST spotted with the ring! I know I didn't consult my ex and I doubt my now husband did when he planned our proposal.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Sizzle|1289830252|2766500 said:
Laila619|1289828869|2766475 said:

I dont get this. How is SHE keeping up with anyone. Was she not ASKED? They probably didn't care about what Nick was doing and as far as we all know they got engaged on the same day and she was JUST spotted with the ring! I know I didn't consult my ex and I doubt my now husband did when he planned our proposal.

Perhaps, but it is a co-inky-dink.

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
Could be just like Heidi and Spencer. Maybe they both need a little publicity boost and figured this would be the perfect way. Jessica's PR was quoted as saying...

"Even though Jessica wants to be happy for Nick, this is a very difficult time for her. Nick was the love of her life then, man, and he was her first, so she will always have a very special place in her heart for him. She's deeply saddened."

That doesn't say ready to get married to me.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Sparkly Blonde|1289834193|2766585 said:
Could be just like Heidi and Spencer. Maybe they both need a little publicity boost and figured this would be the perfect way. Jessica's PR was quoted as saying...

"Even though Jessica wants to be happy for Nick, this is a very difficult time for her. Nick was the love of her life then, man, and he was her first, so she will always have a very special place in her heart for him. She's deeply saddened."

Awh. I have such a soft spot for Jessica, I always hoped they would get back together. They were so very young and obviously made mistakes - it must be hard to be in their shoes. Whether it is publicity or not - she is 30 (ish) now and life is moving on. Time to make the most of it - however she can.

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
I thought it was interesting timing, and after only supposedly being with the new beau for 5 months. I just hope they sign a pre-nup, if any plans actually ensue...

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Aw. While that ring is not what I would have pictured for her (LOVED her first set!), I hope she's happy and this one lasts.

As for Nick...I don't know, they are cute together but every time I hear anything about them I remember that awful paparazzi picture of them doing it outside in a hot tub. The look on his face was just gross lol.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow. odd - i wish we could see a picture of her ring up close - her first wedding eternity band inspired my eternity band hunt and love :love: :love: :love:

as for nich lachey and vanessa - i thought they had broken up! boy am i behind in my celebrity gossip - and i used to be so good at it!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
MonkeyPie|1289841634|2766714 said:
Aw. While that ring is not what I would have pictured for her (LOVED her first set!), I hope she's happy and this one lasts.

As for Nick...I don't know, they are cute together but every time I hear anything about them I remember that awful paparazzi picture of them doing it outside in a hot tub. The look on his face was just gross lol.

Yuck! I haven't seen that one and don't want to! :o LOL!

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not so sure about that. He didn't play for very long....

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sparkly Blonde|1289834193|2766585 said:

Ditto! and honestly, if this engagement is the real deal and not a stunt...would you want to remember your engagement as happening within days of your ex-husband getting re-engaged. Not a very memorable time- in a good way at least.

As for the ring....definitely not what I would have expected. I wonder if she felt left down after the massive e-ring Nick gave her....I wonder if she is comparing her new Ering to Vanessa Minillo's :devil:

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Even if it were a coincidence; which I can't believe, I would have held off the proposal. I would hate to have these kinds of comparison articles about my new e-ring. I know they might come anyway - but having such contemporaneous engagements certainly has fanned the flames...

http://www.usmagazine.com/stylebeau...sa-who-has-the-hotter-engagement-ring-1970218

http://www.hollywoodlife.com/2010/1..._campaign=hl_rssynd&cmpid=outbrain_hl_rsssynd

And before you say it, the second article is way off. It is a PEAR folks and I doubt in a million years it cost half a million $$$. It certainly showed warm colouring. And the person who chose the comparison shots should be, well, shot. V's is a blur and J's old set is the worst possible picture.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results