shape
carat
color
clarity

I dub thee...

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Poppy!

My new ring was officially given her name in the great city of Paris.

Her color is O/P - which is clearly seen in Poppy. It sounds happy and bubbly and warm, which suits her to a tee.

And then I realized that when you say O/P, it sounds like you're headed down the path to opiates. Of course, poppies have those too! :lol:

Here are some more photos of her enjoying our stint in Paris.

Visiting the Eiffel Tower
poppy.jpg

Hanging out by the window of our hotel
poppy3.jpg

Headed into the Louvre
poppy2.jpg

I know that it is not unusual for PSers to name their jewelry. I'd love for everyone to introduce their baubles here (pictures!), so I can get to know them by name. :bigsmile:

And...does anyone else name other inanimate objects? I have a host of named things, and DH knows them all. So when I ask him to fetch Baby Helga for me, he knows just what to get! :lol:

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thats a fabulous name for a fabulous ring!!! I am going to Paris next year and I can't wait!! :appl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the name - seems so appropriate for your stone. When I think of Poppy I think of color and of someone that is playful - seems very well suited to your stone!

Thanks for the additional pics - just beautiful!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, love Poppy!!! She is a beautiful beautiful gem!!! :love:

(and yes, my dh and I name some inanimate objects LOL- our car, our bikes to name a few). :oops:

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love those photos, and woman, that is a massive diamond!

I jokingly named my OEC three stone Big Bertha :sun:

Bertha is presently a loose woman, though. Can wait to set 'er right soon so she is fit to take out in mixed company again!

33oec 013.JPG

justginger

Ideal_Rock
I hope you've got her locked away, D - those loose women can fall into the wrong hands at a moment's notice! Honestly though, I love Bertha. You've worked so hard to get it her, it's fitting that she's such a stunner. :))

Surely there are more people with named gems?...we can't be the odd ones out on a place like PS!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a beautiful stone. I think I'll call her Miss Poppy!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JG - what a stunner! And what a wonderful locale for her first outing!

Thanks for the Paris handshots, by the way... it brings back wonderful memories. And if you'd care to share a few more... I'm all eyes!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks for the photos!
a well traveled and gorgeous rock!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's like a ring pop. I mean that in the best possible way.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love that name! "Diamonds -- the opium of Price Scopers" :lol:

I don't name too many things, but my earrings are named Belladonna. It's the name of a plant that has intoxicating (and deadly) properties. I wasn't thinking too much of the plant's appearance of historical use, but I like the compound name, because one of the stones is Bella, and the other Donna (in the pic Donna is on the left, Bella on the right).

phone 7.JPG

justginger

Ideal_Rock
GemFever, that is such a clever and fitting name for your earrings. I'm most impressed! :praise:

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful ring :) I hope I don't sound silly asking this question but do you ever feel nervous wearing it around town?

justginger

Ideal_Rock
At home, I won't be nervous at all. Abroad, without worldwide insurance, yes, I am nervous at times. I keep her put away until I get a feel for the new places we visit, and then make a judgement call whether to wear her or not.

It's funny though, how quickly a larger stone feels 'normal' - I was more nervous at first, when I thought she was huge and noticeable. Now she's become my new norm, so I don't feel like she stands out more than anyone else's rings.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
She is a real knockout, Ginger! Beautiful girl. You could make videos of yours & Poppy's mutual travels, like the ones "Where the hell is Matt?" -- "Where is Poppy Taking Ginger NOW?"

Dreamer, Bertha should be famous too! What do you have in mind for a re-set?

MyDiamondSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I love the name Poppy and I love seeing the posts about her travels. I can't wait to see where she'll end up next! And she is just truly stunning, a beauuuutiful cushion indeed!

Oh heck, join me up for the naming things club....lol. I've named the 4.46 Lolly, she an L. For those who know me, the name Lolly is near and dear to my heart. I have a few handmade dolls who travel with me and make up story lines to go along with their travels. Sure I get funny looks from strangers as I photograph them, but who cares what strangers think anyway, right? I hope to do the same with Lolly although I question whether or not it is safe....hmmmm....I guess it depends on where I travel to.

JustGinger, on size and being uncomfortable. At first I wasn't at all uncomfortable. I never notice anyone's jewelry-- I know, I know, hard to believe I am a PSer..lol. I took Lolly into a jeweler to see about a temporary mount and he said he never sees diamonds of this size actually being worn. He says everyone has them locked up in safe deposit boxes. Now how sad is that? Anyway, it started making me uncomfortable, but I am just going to get over it and wear her anyway. Lolly doesn't want to be locked up, she wants to be loved and enjoy her travels! :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results