shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone seen Paranormal Activity...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
That was one scary movie!

I loved it for the organic feel, along the lines of the Blair Witch Project.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
My husband and I went to the movies and I refused to see it (I didn''t sleep for a week for the Blair Witch Project). We saw different movies and my movie ended earlier so I thought I would creep in and join my husband, thinking I had missed all the buildup. I saw approximately 3 minutes of the movie and left the movie theatre. I slept with the lights on last night.
My husband thought it was great and it was the first movie that really shook him since he was a child. He said there were people crying when the movie ended.
I do not recommend this movie for the faint of heart. It''s terrifying.
Sorry for the rambling...I didn''t sleep much last night

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wasn''t scared at all by Blair Witch, so do you think this film would scare me?

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock

Date: 10/10/2009 7:08:57 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
I wasn''t scared at all by Blair Witch, so do you think this film would scare me?
It was really scary.

Not bloody or gory...just spooky. I think what adds to the fear factor is the feeling that it "could happen to you".

If The Blair Witch Project didn''t scare you, you''ll probably be okay seeing this one...but you never know, it depends on what scares you. It has some "jump factor"...but mostly it plays on your feelings of security.

I would recommend it to anyone looking for a good Halloween movie...gets you in the mood.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/10/2009 5:41:33 PM
Author: heraanderson
My husband and I went to the movies and I refused to see it (I didn''t sleep for a week for the Blair Witch Project). We saw different movies and my movie ended earlier so I thought I would creep in and join my husband, thinking I had missed all the buildup. I saw approximately 3 minutes of the movie and left the movie theatre. I slept with the lights on last night.
My husband thought it was great and it was the first movie that really shook him since he was a child. He said there were people crying when the movie ended.
I do not recommend this movie for the faint of heart. It''s terrifying.
Sorry for the rambling...I didn''t sleep much last night
I thought it was really good. Scary...but not in a blood and guts and serial killer way.

DH and I held hands a lot...and think some of the fear factor was wondering "what''s next????"... I wasn''t super effected in the movie theater. I didn''t need to leave, and I didn''t cry...but when I got home and walked in my dark bedroom I did have a knot in my stomach. DH and I talked about what we''d do in their situation, and we both agreed we''d do a lot more than video tape it. A lot more...like run the heck away.
32.gif

The ending was...well...I''m not giving it away
2.gif
...but it was good and terrifying.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Safe to say it''s one I won''t be seeing. JD hates ghostie stuff b/c it''s stuff he can''t "kill"...serial killer movies, no biggee for him usually. The only part of BWP that scared me was the hand prints inside the house and the very end..the whole turning around part. That made my hair stand up. I''m quite certain my brother will see it tho, and he''ll tell me about it..haha he''ll see it and sleep with the lights on for a month-we both love the ghostie stuff but it scares the daylights out of us.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/10/2009 9:52:15 PM
Author: packrat
Safe to say it''s one I won''t be seeing. JD hates ghostie stuff b/c it''s stuff he can''t ''kill''...serial killer movies, no biggee for him usually. The only part of BWP that scared me was the hand prints inside the house and the very end..the whole turning around part. That made my hair stand up. I''m quite certain my brother will see it tho, and he''ll tell me about it..haha he''ll see it and sleep with the lights on for a month-we both love the ghostie stuff but it scares the daylights out of us.
Yeah, if you don''t like ghosts, then this movie isn''t for you at all!

However, I will say, it was really good...and if you could stomach it, you should see it (but not alone!! Never alone!!) It had the Blair Witch thrill factor--and that''s all I''ll say about it.

And, the story behind the movie is really cool, which makes it all the better.

Apparently, this was really low-budget and was underground, passed around from person to person until it found its way to Steven Speilberg...he watched the movie in his bedroom, and returned the next day with his copy in a garbage bag. Apparently, after seeing the movie the doors in his bedroom apparently locked themselves of their own free will and refused to open--he had to call a locksmith. He was convinced his copy was "haunted". This punched the production of the movie into full swing with the studio wanting "remake" it Hollywood style...they agreed to do that, however arranged a screening of the original film first. People in the theater actually got up and left...because they were horrified. Paramont scrapped the idea for a remake and released the organic, grainy film that is now being shown.

GO SEE IT!!!!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
My problem is, I LIKE to be scared. Ghost movies/books/shows are fascinating..the whole "what if" thing..but at night, when I''m home alone w/the kids and JD''s working, or I have to go downstairs to do laundry..that''s when I wish I didn''t have scary scenes floating around in my head.

I''ve had strange things happen to me before, and so has JD (our group of friends used to live and party at a house that we still believe was haunted/possessed) and that just makes it worse.

At some point, the temptation will be too great and I''ll cave..maybe..I think I will...if my mom will watch it with me.

Is it spooky like The Ring?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/10/2009 10:35:39 PM
My problem is, I LIKE to be scared. Ghost movies/books/shows are fascinating..the whole ''what if'' thing..but at night, when I''m home alone w/the kids and JD''s working, or I have to go downstairs to do laundry..that''s when I wish I didn''t have scary scenes floating around in my head.

I''ve had strange things happen to me before, and so has JD (our group of friends used to live and party at a house that we still believe was haunted/possessed) and that just makes it worse.

At some point, the temptation will be too great and I''ll cave..maybe..I think I will...if my mom will watch it with me.

The Ring was creepy to me. Is it as creepy as that or creepier? I wasn''t scared at all by Blair Witch. In fact, I thought it was kind of funny.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/10/2009 11:17:43 PM

My problem is, I LIKE to be scared. Ghost movies/books/shows are fascinating..the whole ''what if'' thing..but at night, when I''m home alone w/the kids and JD''s working, or I have to go downstairs to do laundry..that''s when I wish I didn''t have scary scenes floating around in my head.

The Ring was creepy to me. Is it as creepy as that or creepier? I wasn''t scared at all by Blair Witch. In fact, I thought it was kind of funny.
My husband didn''t think Blair Witch was scary either, he said Paranormal activity is creepier than the Ring.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohhh gawd, yeah, we won''t be watching this movie. The very first scene in The Ring-the whole girl in the closet thing, yeah, that shoulda clued us in but I just couldn''t turn it off. The funny thing is, by now, I don''t recall much about the movie other than creepy faces, seeing things in mirrors and a little of the herky jerky filming where it''s like they take every other frame out so they move funny..I think I could watch a movie of kittens playing and if they did that I''d be scared.

At some point I''m afraid my curiosity will get me.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/11/2009 12:21:18 AM
Author: heraanderson

Date: 10/10/2009 11:17:43 PM

My husband didn''t think Blair Witch was scary either, he said Paranormal activity is creepier than the Ring.
Well, that''s not good. The Ring creeped me out, on top of that my daughter is ther spitting image of Samara Morgan (long stick straight dark hair, same face as the actress Daveigh Chase). One night she wanted more water, and was standing in my bedroom doorway, and I couldn''t see anything except her in dark shadow, and I screamed. My husband is kind of creeped out by her as well sometimes. I think I should keep her hair short. LOL!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/11/2009 10:51:03 AM
Ohhh gawd, yeah, we won''t be watching this movie. The very first scene in The Ring-the whole girl in the closet thing, yeah, that shoulda clued us in but I just couldn''t turn it off. The funny thing is, by now, I don''t recall much about the movie other than creepy faces, seeing things in mirrors and a little of the herky jerky filming where it''s like they take every other frame out so they move funny..I think I could watch a movie of kittens playing and if they did that I''d be scared.

I just read the whole story on themoviespoiler, so if you don''t want to go, read about the synopsis. Yes, now I know why people were very scared by this one. I''m weird, I always want to know what happens in a film before I see it.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

I just read the whole story on themoviespoiler, so if you don''t want to go, read about the synopsis. Yes, now I know why people were very scared by this one. I''m weird, I always want to know what happens in a film before I see it. [/quote]

Dude, me TOO! I''m reading reviews and such on IMDB.com right now..I''ll head over to that other place you mentioned too. Maybe if I analyze the thing to death it won''t be so scary...bwahahaha yeah right!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock

If it''s worse than The Ring, then no freaking way. I couldn''t sleep with my tv off for months after that stupid movie.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww man..I forgot about the tv thing..dangit.

hahaha wanna hear something funny tho? I was reading a few more reviews thinking hmmm sounds scary but not like I may pee myself..then one mentioned something about footsteps and knocking and screams-so I thought maybe it would be best to hurry and get the laundry done so I don''t have to go back downstairs tonight since JD''s working. I was walking down the stairs thinking about the knocks and footsteps-and I hear knocking, and footsteps above me (the kids obviously) but it was enough to give me the chills and about trip myself...I was just getting ready to holler at the kids to be quiet and London yelled that someone was here. I ran upstairs thinking oh boy if these people knew what kind of timing they had..

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I REALLY WANT TO SEE THIS!!!!!!!!!!! I love to be scared. I''m hoping It will still be around on October 24-25 when I go to Orlando as it isn''t playing in my town.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/12/2009 2:33:21 PM
Author: dragonfly411
I REALLY WANT TO SEE THIS!!!!!!!!!!! I love to be scared. I''m hoping It will still be around on October 24-25 when I go to Orlando as it isn''t playing in my town.
You can sign a petition to try to bring it to your area...

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
already did....

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I saw it last night. I almost puked in the theater from the camera movements and by not looking at the film I was busy thinking about how they created all the special effects (I took a few film classes in college) and by the end I was just ready to go home lol, it didn''t even scare me. Maybe I am desensitized by being a horror movie junkie and seeing so many other films but i honestly thought it was going to be a lot better than it was....just my two cents...

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
IT"S HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/15/2009 9:45:12 AM
Author: dragonfly411
IT''S HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
Well what are you waiting for?!?! Put on your shoes and go!!!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hoping for tomorrow!!!! I can''t go tonight, it''s at midnight and I have work tomorrow, but tomorrow night
27.gif
27.gif

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I was toying with the idea of seeing but I will be honest, after Exorcism of Emily Rose, I didn''t sleep through the night for about 6 months and even now- 4 years later- I still kind freak when I think about it.

I can handle the blood, guts and gore but when it comes to Ghosts/Heaven v. Hell/Demon types I don''t have what it takes to make it. I cry it is weird- not like a bawling "I''m so upset" cry but more of a "OMG, I might pee my pants I am so scared". Moral of the story is, I am a HUGE baby. Oh well, the way I see it is - Knowing is half the battle and I KNOW I suck at scary movies.

Thats all I''ve got. And pretty much, its nothing. :)

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m hoping DH will go with me tonight.

I''m really scared to see it, but at the same time I *have* to see it. DH and I see every.single.horror film that comes out, and I think I overdosed on horror a few years ago. We saw The Hills Have Eyes and Wolf Creek fairly close together, and I couldn''t sleep through the night for months. After that, I''ve been terrified after every horror film, it''s very weird.

My favorite movies growing up were the Poltergeist movies, I''ve loved being scared for as long as I can remember. But this one looks worse than all the others because it *could* happen. I always get more scared when the movie is more realistic.

I saw The Blair Witch Project while I was working as a sleepover camp counselor in Wisconsin. A friend and I had the night off (from 6 PM to 1 AM), so we walked the mile to my car from camp, drove into town, and decided the movie sounded fun. The problem was that we were living in tents in the woods, so the movie was TERRIFYING. She ran out in the middle of it to throw up in the restroom, and then when we got back we realized that we forgot a flashlight, so we had to walk the mile back to camp in the pitch black woods, without a flashlight, right after seeing the movie. We were shaking and sobbing by the time we reached our tent, it was HORRIBLE.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Haven - It takes a lot to freak me out, scare me or anything. The Hills Have Eyes had me losing sleep..... that movie freaked me out.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
ohhh TL I see the NAME and I''m not clicking it no no no. Tell me what it is tho. is it the tv? gooooh I''m so curious (*cough* nosy and glutton for punishment *cough*) which scary part it is.

Amityville Horror scared the bejesus out of me as a kid and on into adulthood. I tried watching it one night years ago..I made it to the part when the Priest is in the house and the voice says GEEEETTTTT OUUUUUT and I about peed on the couch. I found out that night that my short legs will stretch to do 3 steps at a time when I''m flying up the stairs convinced there''s something behind me.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, not giving away what is in the link. Click on it at your own risk!
11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results