shape
carat
color
clarity

Happy Anniversary to DS!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If memory serves me correctly, today is your 35th wedding anniversary!

Congrats to you and Mr. DS - such a wonderful milestone for the two of you to share. Best wishes for many, many more happy and healthy returns! :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, wow!!! How surprised I was to see this! Thank you MGR!!! :appl: I think you said yours is in May but I don't trust my brain to remember anything for that long! I guess we are in a small number of people who make it this long, and I am thankful we stuck to the "for better, for worse" thing! :lol:

My present is not finished, unfortunately, but I'll post it as soon as it is!

Thank you, too, luv2sparkle!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are very welcome! Yes, mine is coming up in May and I'm both proud and thankful - much the same as you are I would guess!

I'm assuming by present you mean a new sparklie - can't wait to see it! In the meantime, enjoy the day. That must have been a very special Christmas season 35 years ago to have a wedding the day after Christmas!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats to a wonderful PSer and your hubby!!!!!! That is wonderful :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: to many more wonderful years together, what a blessing

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks|1324949893|3088944 said:
You are very welcome! Yes, mine is coming up in May and I'm both proud and thankful - much the same as you are I would guess!

I'm assuming by present you mean a new sparklie - can't wait to see it! In the meantime, enjoy the day. That must have been a very special Christmas season 35 years ago to have a wedding the day after Christmas!

I have enjoyed the day mostly by doing nothing! He asked if I wanted to go out and I said I would if he wanted to, but in the end, we just decided to cook steaks on the grill and have a relaxing evening at home! That is the worst thing about having an anniversary the day after Christmas, you're just tired and ready to relax! I will post these which I did get today.... :))

IMG_2812.JPG

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The roses are beautiful and sometimes a relaxing evening at home beats any night out on the town. The important thing is just doing what you want and enjoying some special time together. I went shopping today because it's kind of an annual ritual for me but I too am just tired from the holidays and am looking forward to a few days of down time!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Happy Happy 35th anniversary to YOU DS and your DH. What a huge milestone this is... So very exciting. Best wishes to you both and many many more happy and healthy years ahead. xo :wavey:

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Congrats DS! That's AMAZING!

It's so refreshing to hear stories like this amidst the many (too many) doom & gloom divorces ones. I was actually feeling depressed about the institute of marriage yesterday after finding out a couple of 20 yrs marriage was in the middle of a divorce.

So, thank you & CONGRATS again! :appl: I hope to be like you & your hubby one day!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Congrats, DS!!!!! Best wishes to you both for many more happy & healthy years together!!! :appl: :appl:

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations and best wishes DS! Your flowers are lovely and I hope you'll be sharing new goodies with us soon.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Anniversary to you and Mr. DS!!! 35 years is inspirational and proof that long term love does exist!! The flowers are beautiful too!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you minmin, Twinkle, Dani, Sundial, and MrsS!

Sundial, you have this anniversary coming up in the new year, too, right? I think you, MGR, and I all got married within a few months.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1324955612|3089000 said:

Sundial, you have this anniversary coming up in the new year, too, right? I think you, MGR, and I all got married within a few months.

Congratulations! As you said, most people do not make it this far. We seem to have petered out just short of the mark ( since all the other almost 35 -year couples are weighing in!). (We were married in March 1977.) We are still married and no legal papers for divorce or separation are filed at the moment. My husband came up to Connecticut on December 18 to go to see, "The Messiah" with me and then we drove down to Virginia together and went out to dinner together after I had a doctor's appointment.... But I have taken off my wedding ring. So I won't continue a threadjack. I just want diamondseeker to know that I really know how hard it is to make marriage work with all the things that go into family life-especially when there are children!!!

I send lots of love to you, ds!

Hugs,
Deb

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy anniversary! 35 years is amazing.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A very happy anniversary to you and your DH, DS!!!

:appl: :appl: :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1324956718|3089005 said:
diamondseeker2006|1324955612|3089000 said:

Congratulations! As you said, most people do not make it this far. We seem to have petered out just short of the mark ( since all the other almost 35 -year couples are weighing in!). (We were married in March 1977.) We are still married and no legal papers for divorce or separation are filed at the moment. My husband came up to Connecticut on December 18 to go to see, "The Messiah" with me and then we drove down to Virginia together and went out to dinner together after I had a doctor's appointment.... But I have taken off my wedding ring. So I won't continue a threadjack. I just want diamondseeker to know that I really know how hard it is to make marriage work with all the things that go into family life-especially when there are children!!!

I send lots of love to you, ds!

Hugs,
Deb

Thank you, Deb! Gosh, that is amazing that 4 of us got married so close to the same time so long ago!!!

Yes, life is hard, Deb. Kids can be difficult. Husbands can be difficult. Nothing easy about it in my experience, either, although some times are easier than others. I think brightice above has been married about the same amount of time and is getting divorced. I do see how it happens, but each couple has to decide whether it is better for them and their children to make things work or whether to split up. I certainly want you to be happy, but I would hold on to a tiny bit of hope that maybe things could work out for you and your husband. 35 years is just a really, really long time to have invested. But {{{hugs}}} and love back to you, Deb!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy 35th anniversary J!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, S! I hope we can have a get-together in the next few months!

I just realized that your tag-line has a lot to do with how people manage to stay married for 35+ years!

"Expectations are nothing but premeditated resentments.

Happiness is an inside job."

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats honey!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy anniversary, DS!! Wow, 35 is a significant milestone. Congrats. :appl:

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
So you for married when you were five? Huh?!

I'm so confused. :confused:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your anniversary!! 35 years- wow! I aspire to that :) my parents celebrated 31 this year and it truly is something special to make it to such an anniversary :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results